Debt collection and reporting to CRA's

The last post in this topic was posted 2570 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello , About 7-1/2 years ago I had a medical emergency with our child and my usuall excellent credit went downhill . Not really caring about anything credit wise for a few years because of prioritys I am now trying to get my things in order . I ran up an aspire card for close to $9000 for meds and other expenses until I couldn't pay on it anymore . My last payment was almost 5 years ago . I found out the debt was sold to Jefferson Capital and the have erroneously reported a payment in 2010 but I never paid them a thing . I have debt validated ( after talking to a lawyer)Jefferson Capital twice with no answer . They sold the account to another law firm last year who I also sent debt validation to and again never heard a response . Well another law firm is now trying to collect and I have debt validated them also . Jefferson Capital continues to report on one of the CRA's . We are just getting on our feet after a few very bad years with our child's illness and are afraid of being sued . Any advice will be appreciated . I live in Pa. I have about $3000 of other smaller medical debts left also

Would that law firm happen to be Dynia and Assoc? They are a bottom feeder and will stop at nothing including lying to you. DO NOT speak to them on the phone. I had JC on my CR for a card that I defaulted on during a layoff 6 years ago. After too many violating phone calls (that I did not realize I could sue for) I made a complaint to the BBB in MN where JC is headquartered. They folded and now NOTHING reports on my CR including the OC. Make a complaint to the BBB that they are fraudulently reporting a payment that was never made to re-age the debt and it should go away entirely.

Have you disputed with all 3 CRAs yet? If not do so. When you hear back then from the CRAs when they verify it, send off a CFPB complaint.

I think an ITS letter may also be something I would send to the CAs because of the fake payment.

Even if you get rid of this some other way send a CFPB complaint no matter what. That's the main way to get these people punished and to document trends.

I believe the SOL in PA is 4 years so I think you're okay there.

Hello , About 7-1/2 years ago I had a medical emergency with our child and my usuall excellent credit went downhill . Not really caring about anything credit wise for a few years because of prioritys I am now trying to get my things in order . I ran up an aspire card for close to $9000 for meds and other expenses until I couldn't pay on it anymore . My last payment was almost 5 years ago . I found out the debt was sold to Jefferson Capital and the have erroneously reported a payment in 2010 but I never paid them a thing . I have debt validated ( after talking to a lawyer)Jefferson Capital twice with no answer . They sold the account to another law firm last year who I also sent debt validation to and again never heard a response . Well another law firm is now trying to collect and I have debt validated them also . Jefferson Capital continues to report on one of the CRA's . We are just getting on our feet after a few very bad years with our child's illness and are afraid of being sued . Any advice will be appreciated . I live in Pa. I have about $3000 of other smaller medical debts left also

If Jefferson has actually sold the paper, they no longer have any right to report and should be challenged as "obsolete."

Have you disputed with all 3 CRAs yet? If not do so. When you hear back then from the CRAs when they verify it, send off a CFPB complaint.

I think an ITS letter may also be something I would send to the CAs because of the fake payment.

Even if you get rid of this some other way send a CFPB complaint no matter what. That's the main way to get these people punished and to document trends.

:good:

A friend referred Blue Sky Credit Repair to me ( I hope I am allowed to say that ) and they are going over everything . They will notify me supposedly in a few days what course to take . I was never contacted by Jeff Cap : I saw their name when I had my credit report done 1-1/2 years ago and then I found our who they were . I was contacted by another CA a little over a year ago who were trying to collect the same debt . I DV'd them by certified mail and never heard from them in a year . A month or two ago I got a letter from another CA willing to settle for 50% on this same debt . I DV'd them and have not heard from them either . Even though 2 other CA's have tried to collect on this aspire card debt Jeff Cap is still listing on my credit report. And I DV'd Jeff Cap again about a month ago

A friend referred Blue Sky Credit Repair to me ( I hope I am allowed to say that ) and they are going over everything . They will notify me supposedly in a few days what course to take . I was never contacted by Jeff Cap : I saw their name when I had my credit report done 1-1/2 years ago and then I found our who they were . I was contacted by another CA a little over a year ago who were trying to collect the same debt . I DV'd them by certified mail and never heard from them in a year . A month or two ago I got a letter from another CA willing to settle for 50% on this same debt . I DV'd them and have not heard from them either . Even though 2 other CA's have tried to collect on this aspire card debt Jeff Cap is still listing on my credit report. And I DV'd Jeff Cap again about a month ago

IMO this credit repair service has the probability of doing more harm than good, and is not going to do anything you can't do yourself.

IMO this credit repair service has the probability of doing more harm than good, and is not going to do anything you can't do yourself.

:good:

Why would you say this ? They helped my friend a lot and have an excellent rating . I can do a little but I dont have the expertise to do it all

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=458501

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=513977

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=478213

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=485809

I know one person who it worked for. Another followed his advice, and his score ended up WORSE. YMMV

Knowledge is empowering. This is something you can do on your own. I promise and there are lots of people willing to help here. You can take the money you'd pay the agency and put towards credit card payments....

I will dispute to the 3 credit bureaus . Should I include the DV letters I sent to Jeff Cap and the two CA's that have tried to collect on the Aspire debt also ? I saved the copies and registered mail slips but to be honest I really do not know what to say to them

I will dispute to the 3 credit bureaus . Should I include the DV letters I sent to Jeff Cap and the two CA's that have tried to collect on the Aspire debt also ? I saved the copies and registered mail slips but to be honest I really do not know what to say to them

Start by reading the "newbies" section. Then reread it.

I know one person who it worked for. Another followed his advice, and his score ended up WORSE. YMMV

Knowledge is empowering. This is something you can do on your own. I promise and there are lots of people willing to help here. You can take the money you'd pay the agency and put towards credit card payments....

Thanks for all the good information .I read the newbies and downloaded a couple of dispute letters. I will compose my own letter from these and send copies of my CA DV letters and registered receipts to all 3 CRA's ASAP .I will also send a letter with this information to the BBB. I am just getting started and it is a lot to take in all at once

Thanks for all the good information .I read the newbies and downloaded a couple of dispute letters. I will compose my own letter from these and send copies of my CA DV letters and registered receipts to all 3 CRA's ASAP .I will also send a letter with this information to the BBB. I am just getting started and it is a lot to take in all at once

It is a lot to take on in the beginning. I read for about 6 months, then joined CB and read a few more months and then started.

One thing I learned as a US Marine is that support from your friends and knowledge are everything . When I first bought our home in 2000 i had perfect credit. At that time I got custody of my very young Daughter :it was a challenge to be a good father something I knew nothing about. Her getting cancer 6 years later was the hardest thing I could ever imagine a family to go through . I sold everthing I owned and ran up the 2 cards I had as her prescriptions were $1,000 a week for her cancer meds ! I had a great job at the time but that was more than I made . But my daughter survived : we survived . For 5 years I did not care about anything except saving my kid . Now I am trying to get my life and credit back in order and can use all the help and knowledge that is offered me . When you are only one person facing what seems like an impossible task finding a forum like this is a godsend . The way I have lived the past 7 years would put a Tibetian to shame .

if Jefferson Capital is still on your reports, the Account has not be sold to other CA's

if you are living in PA, the SOL is 4 years on CC debt,

if you sent a dispute letter to Jefferson did you send it CMMR?

and if so, do you have the green card back ?

is it marked disputed on your Credit reports?

if it's not, and you have the green card back, that's an FDCPA Violation.

If Jefferson has actually sold the paper, they no longer have any right to report and should be challenged as "obsolete."

Can anyone confirm if this is the case for private student loans as well? I have 3 TLs for the same loan that I defaulted on (it is now paid)

Thank goodness your daughter is well now. That's the most important thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this . I got a lot of paperwork done today and will be ready to send off paperwork to the 3 CRA's on Monday , I am also filing a complaint with the FTC but I have a couple different mailing address' in D.C.for them. Does anyone know which is the best mailing address to file my complaint to the FTC ? Thanks Edited by Nordlander

The last post in this topic was posted 2570 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.