Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Dreaded 10-Day Wait for Chase Freedom App

The last post in this topic was posted 2449 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi, guys,

So my CRs are all newly clean, and I decided to pull the trigger and apply for Chase Freedom today. My file is thin – one Cap1 secured w/$351 limit reporting since November; 1 DCU Visa with $7500 limit reporting since last month; one DCU car loan, also new; and my Chase auto loan that was just paid off. One inquiry on my EX in the last year. That’s it. No negatives on my file. I just had two awful public records removed and I'm happy about that. I checked my FICO EX before the app and it was 738 so I felt good about my chances. I app and get the dreaded 10-day wait message. Is that a likely denial? Should I wait until I hear from them to try reconning? I called their application status number right after and the woman I talked with told me they had up to 30 days to respond to me so I decided not to push. I’m a little disappointed ‘cause I thought this would be a great card to help me rebuild and relatively easy to get, but I guess that’s not the case. Any advice? Thanks.

Edited by seetheworld1

Hi, guys,

So my CRs are all newly clean, and I decided to pull the trigger and apply for Chase Freedom today. My file is thin – one Cap1 secured w/$351 limit reporting since November; 1 DCU Visa with $7500 limit reporting since last month; one DCU car loan, also new; and my Chase auto loan that was just paid off. One inquiry on my EX in the last year. That’s it. No negatives on my file. I just had two awful public records removed and I'm happy about that. I checked my FICO EX before the app and it was 738 so I felt good about my chances. I app and get the dreaded 10-day wait message. Is that a likely denial? Should I wait until I hear from them to try reconning? I called their application status number right after and the woman I talked with told me they had up to 30 days to respond to me so I decided not to push. I’m a little disappointed ‘cause I thought this would be a great card to help me rebuild and relatively easy to get, but I guess that’s not the case. Any advice? Thanks.

Your credit card specific FICO is probably lower than the generic EX FICO because your CC history is quite short. The auto loan experience is much longer. CC issuers have concerns with rapid increases in CC available credit and your last CC is very new and increased your CC credit 20x. Your file won't have any info on how you have handled the larger amount and they may want to see at least a couple months balance/payment history on it. Could be useful to talk to an underwriter.

UPDATE: Oh wow. I just called Recon and was prepared to beg and plead but before I could the underwriter said my card was approved with a $7,000 limit and I'll get it and the welcome kit in 5 to 7 days! Yes! I'm so happy. I'm going to settle now and garden my Freedom and DCU Visa for a long time. No more apps for me until much later this year. I'd love a travel rewards card since I do a fair bit of traveling, but the ones I have my eye on (Barclay World Arrival or Capital One Venture) would probably decline me with such thin history. Thanks guys! :yahoo:

UPDATE: Oh wow. I just called Recon and was prepared to beg and plead but before I could the underwriter said my card was approved with a $7,000 limit and I'll get it and the welcome kit in 5 to 7 days! Yes! I'm so happy. I'm going to settle now and garden my Freedom and DCU Visa for a long time. No more apps for me until much later this year. I'd love a travel rewards card since I do a fair bit of traveling, but the ones I have my eye on (Barclay World Arrival or Capital One Venture) would probably decline me with such thin history. Thanks guys! :yahoo:

Congratulations! Did the underwriter ask you any questions or just tell you that you had been approved?

Congratulations! Did the underwriter ask you any questions or just tell you that you had been approved?

All he asked me was to verify my ID -- SSN and name and address. That was it. Unreal!

Yay! :clapping::clapping: Congratulations!

Got my Chase Freedom approved last month for $6k (Visa Signature Card). Got the 7-10 day message as well but didn't call. Just waited and finally got an email I was approved. Whole process took 20 days from App to when I received the card. Really made my day since this is my highest limit card to date.

Got my Chase Freedom approved last month for $6k (Visa Signature Card). Got the 7-10 day message as well but didn't call. Just waited and finally got an email I was approved. Whole process took 20 days from App to when I received the card. Really made my day since this is my highest limit card to date.

Thanks Sparky! Can I ask you about the card? I've heard that Visa Signature cards sometimes don't have their limit reported to the CRs. Is that true? Do you know if your limit is reported to the bureaus?

:)

Congrats! Wonder if you could get it bumped to $10k through recon?

Chase doesn't recon initial lines. you have to request a CLI with another HP and then you can call and speak to a UW about it.

Congrats!!

Thanks Sparky! Can I ask you about the card? I've heard that Visa Signature cards sometimes don't have their limit reported to the CRs. Is that true? Do you know if your limit is reported to the bureaus?

Yes, my $6k limit is posted on all 3 CRA's. I also noticed something yesterday. I PIF my balance 2 days ago (1 week before the statement cuts). Today, the "high balance" posted even though my statement hasn't cut (which isn't a problem for me) but I was surprised how quickly they report this info to the CRA's.

Furthermore, for EX, the Account Type field shows "Flexible Spending Credit Card". My other CC's report as "credit card" that aren't siggy Visa's.

Edited by SparkyinCA

The last post in this topic was posted 2449 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.