cv91915

My Credit Union is So Amateur...

DCU practically implodes when you try to open two CDs on the same day. Documents disappear when you try to take out an auto loan.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=523825&p=4973647

And they require you to use your member number as your login ID. Who remembers their CU member number? http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=523825&p=4973949

JSCFCU does the same thing. And they only let your password be a 4 digit pin.

I have a thing with #s so I don't have a problem remembering them. Or all my important numbers. Or my boyfriend's. Or my ex husbands. Or anything else.

my opinion of the GF grill is

it was an incredibly ingenious marketing package

that made GF and everyone else involved a ton of money.

more than you can say for Evander Holyfield :P

Did you know the person that was suppose to get the deal before George Foreman was Hulk Hogan? They called him to use him as the spokesperson and he wasn't home. When he got back 10-15 minutes later, he called them and they told him that George Foreman took the deal. Crazy to lose out on a deal like that. I had seen it on Jay Leno. He had asked Hogan when he was on the show a few years back.

Edited by GR8WhiTE

logix sent me a new credit card with a different number for security reasons and I have never used the card, not once in 9 months!

I think CUs are great if you can get something out of them. I don't see the benefit of loading up on CUs to get cards that carry no benefit. :P

Many here disagree with me. :lol:

The only CU card I have currently is the PenFed Platinum Rewards card, and since PenFed devalued their reward points it's not worth putting it in my wallet even for gas purchases at 5 "points" per dollar. I get almost as much value from my SPG on all purchases, including gas, without the hassle of another card in my wallet for just one category of purchases.

The only CU card I ever had that was useful for building credit was a secured card from a local CU. It didn't graduate like many other secured cards do (rookie mistake on my part), so I would have been better off with a secured card from, say, Wells Fargo, or the secured Gold Card I got later from American Express (wouldn't graduate but it would build a valuable long-term relationship).

Some day soon I'm also going to create a new thread about the four (FOUR) aborted attempts to get a mortgage from four different CUs under three different circumstances. They were ALL disasters.

Did you ever get the mortgage?

I think CUs are great if you can get something out of them. I don't see the benefit of loading up on CUs to get cards that carry no benefit. :P

The only CU card I have currently is the PenFed Platinum Rewards card, and since PenFed devalued their reward points it's not worth putting it in my wallet even for gas purchases at 5 "points" per dollar. I get almost as much value from my SPG on all purchases, including gas, without the hassle of another card in my wallet for just one category of purchases.

The only CU card I ever had that was useful for building credit was a secured card from a local CU. It didn't graduate like many other secured cards do (rookie mistake on my part), so I would have been better off with a secured card from, say, Wells Fargo, or the secured Gold Card I got later from American Express (wouldn't graduate but it would build a valuable long-term relationship).

Some day soon I'm also going to create a new thread about the four (FOUR) aborted attempts to get a mortgage from four different CUs under three different circumstances. They were ALL disasters.

Of course. Every time I've switched from an incompetent CU to a professionally-managed and competently-staffed company it's been smooth sailing.

Edited by cv91915

Of course. Every time I've switched from an incompetent CU to a professionally-managed and competently-staffed company it's been smooth sailing.
So, I read "yes." Ok. Congrats! Thanks for sharing the good news.

Alliant is amateur. :)

I went back to the underwriter and let them know. Unfortunately the same decision stands. Also, there are many new trade lines opened within the last year.

Thank You

Julie Zurowski

Loan Consultant

Alliant Credit Union

--------------------------

jzurowski@alliantcreditunion.com

Direct (773) 462.2168

Fax (773).462.2168

Toll Free (800).328.1935 ext 2168

NMLS# 873288

www.alliantcreditunion.org

To: Zurowski, Julie
Subject: RE: Alliant Application

Discharge was in 1/2013, not 2014. :)

The discharge of the bankruptcy is still to recent (7 months ago).

Julie Zurowski

Loan Consultant

Alliant Credit Union

--------------------------

jzurowski@alliantcreditunion.com

Direct (773) 462.2168

Fax (773).462.2168

Toll Free (800).328.1935 ext 2168

NMLS# 873288

www.alliantcreditunion.org

Alliant is so amateur that they started me, *ME*, out with a 500 limit CC years ago and then told me to thank my lucky stars that they gave me that.... bozos. :) I think I was 2 years out of my BK. And subsequently when I tried for a limit increase the first time the rep wrote down that I made like 60% less income than I really did and was SOOOOO amateur and rude that I complained to the VP and got an apology email from the CSR personally and my pretty Alliant leather bound organizer that is gathering dust somewhere in my closet. :)

Edited by cputrwz

Alliant is so amateur that they started me, *ME*, out with a 500 limit CC years ago and then told me to thank my lucky stars that they gave me that.... bozos. :) I think I was 2 years out of my BK. And subsequently when I tried for a limit increase the first time the rep wrote down that I made like 60% less income than I really did and was SOOOOO amateur and rude that I complained to the VP and got an apology email from the CSR personally and my pretty Alliant leather bound organizer that is gathering dust somewhere in my closet. :)

So they treated their employees like children, too? "Go apologize to the bitchy lady about kicking the ball into her yard."

PenFed is squeezing a lemon me off. I've had a Platinum Rewards Visa for a couple years and never got an auto-CLI. Requested a CLI on their website. They said my EQ was frozen. So I unfroze it and called back the next day. The pulled a hard inquiry and said they'd get back to me.

A few days later the "window" for my EQ unfreeze closed, and they sent ANOTHER message saying EQ was frozen. I was busy and didn't remember the first pull so I paid YET ANOTHER $5 to unfreeze EQ. They hard pulled again. Then they requested 2 paystubs. I faxed them.

They said they never received them (then the next day they said they DID receive them). I also asked them to delete one hard inquiry and they didn't have a record of the 2 separate pulls and asked if they could pull my EQ to see if they had already pulled it twice. This is getting into truly incompetent territory where they're not thinking for themselves and using their brains.

It's been yet another 10 days and still no response on the CLI.

And this is on a card with watered down rewards that aren't competitive anymore.

Navy >>>>>> PenFed in competence and CLI process.

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

3. They pull hard inquiry #1.

4. Unfreeze EQ again ($5).

5. They pull hard inquiry #2.

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

I started this CLI request on June 2, and it's 1.5 months later and STILL no CLI. I'm about to blow a gasket. I call, and they say their "Credit Department is working on it and will get to it today!" and that I'll see the CLI in 24-48 hours. I call back 4 days later since I'm generous, and they say it's approved but wait 24-48 hours for it to show up on the account.

Then they went "OH, wait, this is a CLI request? For some reason it's showing that you wanted to PC to a different card." I don't know how the **** they got that.

Called back a couple days ago and they said:

1) "Our systems are pretty old school."

2) "Our credit card department gets backed up really often."

3) "Once the CLI is approved, updating the CL is a manual process."

4) "It'll definitely be updated within 24 hours."

You can all guess that it hasn't.

2 months and 2 hard inquiries for a sub-par rewards card that I don't ever use is a ridiculous show of incompetence for one of the largest CUs in the country.

Edited by Baddies4Breakfast

PenFed is squeezing a lemon me off. I've had a Platinum Rewards Visa for a couple years and never got an auto-CLI. Requested a CLI on their website. They said my EQ was frozen. So I unfroze it and called back the next day. The pulled a hard inquiry and said they'd get back to me.

A few days later the "window" for my EQ unfreeze closed, and they sent ANOTHER message saying EQ was frozen. I was busy and didn't remember the first pull so I paid YET ANOTHER $5 to unfreeze EQ. They hard pulled again. Then they requested 2 paystubs. I faxed them.

They said they never received them (then the next day they said they DID receive them). I also asked them to delete one hard inquiry and they didn't have a record of the 2 separate pulls and asked if they could pull my EQ to see if they had already pulled it twice. This is getting into truly incompetent territory where they're not thinking for themselves and using their brains.

And this is on a card with watered down rewards that aren't competitive anymore.

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

I started this CLI request on June 2, and it's 1.5 months later and STILL no CLI. I'm about to blow a gasket. I call, and they say their "Credit Department is working on it and will get to it today!" and that I'll see the CLI in 24-48 hours. I call back 4 days later since I'm generous, and they say it's approved but wait 24-48 hours for it to show up on the account.

Then they went "OH, wait, this is a CLI request? For some reason it's showing that you wanted to PC to a different card." I don't know how the **** they got that.

2 months and 2 hard inquiries for a sub-par rewards card that I don't ever use is a ridiculous show of incompetence for one of the largest CUs in the country.

Just try getting a mortgage from them with ~780 FICOs, teeny-weeny DTI, two strong incomes and a house that appraises for over the purchase price.

It took them almost two weeks to enter our app into their system so it could be processed.

What a f*****g train wreck.

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

Just try getting a mortgage from them with ~780 FICOs, teeny-weeny DTI, two strong incomes and a house that appraises for over the purchase price.

It took them almost two weeks to enter our app into their system so it could be processed.

For a CU with such stringent credit standards, apparently that level of high standards didn't make it to the desk of the hiring manager. Edited by nysbadmk8

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

For a CU with such stringent credit standards, apparently that level of high standards didn't make it to the desk of the hiring manager.

I believe they were grossly understaffed, and for some reason they couldn't get their system to "take" our application (which I filled out online).

Worked out perfectly for me. If I hadn't bitched here about how sloppy things were in the PenFed mortgage department, I never would have gotten the referral to the place we used. Costs were even lower, and the place was run by professionals. HINT: It wasn't a CU.

Our REALTOR® advised never doing a loan on a purchase transaction unless the company that employs your loan officer is paying her or him a commission. Makes perfect sense.

It took DCU 2 days to open a checking account for me recently. They also never completed my ACH to fund the account.

It took DCU 2 days to open a checking account for me recently. They also never completed my ACH to fund the account.

:lol:

I had no idea that CreditKarma has credit union reviews. It's pretty entertaining. Most of the reviewers are just as amateur as the CUs they're describing.