Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

My Credit Union is So Amateur...

...it took me 15 minutes and 2 departments to transfer

the $100 credit balance they applied to my $17K CC

instead of depositing to my share savings, which had

$5 in it. The memo line of the draft read "Deposit to

share account #YouPeep$Ar@Am@teur$." :swoon:

That's a lot of @$%^ing around for $100.

Many credit unions are so amateur and apathetic they don't bother working on mortgage applications for their members. They have absolutely no sense of urgency.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=529716&p=5044415

NEVER get a mortgage from a CU on a purchase transaction if you need it to close by a specific date per the real estate contract. If you get a mortgage from a CU on a refi, make sure the rate lock is free, and good for several months, because they'll get to it when they get to it.

Wow bro....

you just had to throw it in???? haha

AND the link!!!!!???? WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!

Edited by GR8WhiTE

Wow bro....

l run a full-service operation here.

Wow bro....

It's pretty amateur.

O

M

G

:angel:

(All BS aside.............that is BEYONG amateur!!)

Edited by GR8WhiTE

I think CUs are great if you can get something out of them. I don't see the benefit of loading up on CUs to get cards that carry no benefit. :P

Many here disagree with me. :lol:

The one's that disagree (like myself)...

are the ones that credit is still an issue. If credit was NOT an issue.....

I'd agree with you 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

We gotta get our cash from somewhere you know.

Credit is still an issue with me as well, but I have only apped for more cards when I could take a step up in quality. I started really LOW quality when rebuilding, but didn't load up on low quality cards.

Don't you have NFCU?

And credit does not equal cash.

Edited by mendelssohn

I think CUs are great if you can get something out of them. I don't see the benefit of loading up on CUs to get cards that carry no benefit. :P

Many here disagree with me. :lol:

The only CU card I have currently is the PenFed Platinum Rewards card, and since PenFed devalued their reward points it's not worth putting it in my wallet even for gas purchases at 5 "points" per dollar. I get almost as much value from my SPG on all purchases, including gas, without the hassle of another card in my wallet for just one category of purchases.

The only CU card I ever had that was useful for building credit was a secured card from a local CU. It didn't graduate like many other secured cards do (rookie mistake on my part), so I would have been better off with a secured card from, say, Wells Fargo, or the secured Gold Card I got later from American Express (wouldn't graduate but it would build a valuable long-term relationship).

Some day soon I'm also going to create a new thread about the four (FOUR) aborted attempts to get a mortgage from four different CUs under three different circumstances. They were ALL disasters.

Edited by cv91915

DCU helped me start rebuilding with a secured card that unsecured, and I get a free EQ FICO from them based on that relationship.

NFCU has been great for me. My CC limit and LOC limit have helped pull me out of sub-$1000 approvals, but the CC also is a flat rate 2% when redeemed for flights.

I still want NASA FCU for the cash rewards CC, but I'm thinking the Fidelity Amex should be on my app list first.

I also still want PenFed for the CCs and LOC. Isn't there still a way to get a real 5% cash back on gas?

Credit is still an issue with me as well, but I have only apped for more cards when I could take a step up in quality. I started really LOW quality when rebuilding, but didn't load up on low quality cards.

Don't you have NFCU?

And credit does not equal cash.

I do have NFCU. Love it!

and credit does equal cash when you have a paypal account :lol:

CV..

I've done the rookie mistake of getting secured cards that don't unsecure. I have (3) of them!!!

$4k is just tied up, actually....I'm getting 25 cents in interest a year. :blush2:

CV..

I've done the rookie mistake of getting secured cards that don't unsecure. I have (3) of them!!!

$4k is just tied up, actually....I'm getting 25 cents in interest a year. :blush2:

I sunk $13,000 into mine... for a $10,000 limit. :sorry:

DCU helped me start rebuilding with a secured card that unsecured, and I get a free EQ FICO from them based on that relationship.

NFCU has been great for me. My CC limit and LOC limit have helped pull me out of sub-$1000 approvals, but the CC also is a flat rate 2% when redeemed for flights.

I still want NASA FCU for the cash rewards CC, but I'm thinking the Fidelity Amex should be on my app list first.

I also still want PenFed for the CCs and LOC. Isn't there still a way to get a real 5% cash back on gas?

All of those should be on your list...

All of those should be on your list...

Isn't there still a way to get a real 5% cash back on the PenFed card for gas through some qualifying requirement(s)?

I forgot to add PSECU for the EX FICO. If I can ever get my mother to join, I have an in through her.

PenFed is squeezing a lemon me off. I've had a Platinum Rewards Visa for a couple years and never got an auto-CLI. Requested a CLI on their website. They said my EQ was frozen. So I unfroze it and called back the next day. The pulled a hard inquiry and said they'd get back to me.

A few days later the "window" for my EQ unfreeze closed, and they sent ANOTHER message saying EQ was frozen. I was busy and didn't remember the first pull so I paid YET ANOTHER $5 to unfreeze EQ. They hard pulled again. Then they requested 2 paystubs. I faxed them.

They said they never received them (then the next day they said they DID receive them). I also asked them to delete one hard inquiry and they didn't have a record of the 2 separate pulls and asked if they could pull my EQ to see if they had already pulled it twice. This is getting into truly incompetent territory where they're not thinking for themselves and using their brains.

It's been yet another 10 days and still no response on the CLI.

And this is on a card with watered down rewards that aren't competitive anymore.

Navy >>>>>> PenFed in competence and CLI process.

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

3. They pull hard inquiry #1.

4. Unfreeze EQ again ($5).

5. They pull hard inquiry #2.
6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

Edited by Baddies4Breakfast

PenFed is squeezing a lemon me off. I've had a Platinum Rewards Visa for a couple years and never got an auto-CLI. Requested a CLI on their website. They said my EQ was frozen. So I unfroze it and called back the next day. The pulled a hard inquiry and said they'd get back to me.

A few days later the "window" for my EQ unfreeze closed, and they sent ANOTHER message saying EQ was frozen. I was busy and didn't remember the first pull so I paid YET ANOTHER $5 to unfreeze EQ. They hard pulled again. Then they requested 2 paystubs. I faxed them.

They said they never received them (then the next day they said they DID receive them). I also asked them to delete one hard inquiry and they didn't have a record of the 2 separate pulls and asked if they could pull my EQ to see if they had already pulled it twice. This is getting into truly incompetent territory where they're not thinking for themselves and using their brains.

And this is on a card with watered down rewards that aren't competitive anymore.

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

Then I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to get a mortgage there.

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

I was able to email them stubs and had an answer the next day. weird.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In summary:

1. Request PenFed CLI.

2. Unfreeze EQ ($5).

6. Fax paystubs ($5).

7. Silence.

Then I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to get a mortgage there.

:rofl:

Tobyhanna CU requires credit card applications to be notarized.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=529782&p=5050497

AND apparently they will not approve you unless you do a balance transfer.http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=529782&p=5050755

Hey, Tobyhanna... I pay in full every month!!

Didn't have to do either for my credit card. Must have got lucky?

Okay, if you're looking for an amateur CU, no one can top mine ...

I joined in 1982. As I recall, I think they had 4 people in the front office (and probably one in the back who manned the computer counsel and mops). Fast forward to today, there are 6.

They're so amateur that they all know my wife and I on a first name basis, even though we've never stepped foot in the office. On the few occasions where we've incurred unexpected fees, we've typically had to escalate the request to the boss (the "president") ... we end up chatting about what's been going on since we last spoke and then, invariably, the fees are reversed (keep in mind, we're talking about once every 2-5 years).

They've started to do mortgages, but not outside of the state, so we haven't been a candidate since our move 3 years ago. The added credit card services to their portfolio sometime around 1989, but the rates and rewards have never been compelling.

So I'll tell you what ... for the day to day stuff, I'll take an amateur over a pro anytime ...

Last month I was a day late with my credit card payment to PNC, when a brief illness sidelined me a bit. I've been a 30+ year customer there as well, and haven't asked for much from them in general. Unfortunately, I screwed up last October and missed a due date by 2 days -- at the time they quickly rebated the late fee. So, now, they refused to do anything.

Thing is, I'm running some pretty hefty charges through the card. Even though I paid in full prior to the statement cutting, missing the due date meant that I got hit with $50 in interest. (13% rate). That, and a $29 late fee are too much for me to bite when they're holding onto $50k of my money at nominal interest.

So I call back and push with a supervisor ... no go. So, while I'm at the branch, I ask them to escalate it and they put me on the phone with their resolution department. They can't help, but suggest that the branch manager has the authority to offer me some type of olive branch. He's new to the office and in training, but they send me down the road to meet with him.

The meet is good and promising and he sounds like he wants to help. A week later I email him to find out what's up ... he emails back and says that Corporate is making things difficult, but he's still working on finding an appropriate means to help me ....

Say what you want about the amateurs ... all I can suggest is that if you're looking to get screwed, no one can do it as proficiently as the "pros".