cv91915

My Credit Union is So Amateur...

I hate OCCU and I live in Oregon. Denied me a checking account with a clean Chex system report. Now I have a hard on EQ for 2 years. Jerks!

Wait, what was their reason for denial if you had a clean Chex?

Do they do Chex for savings as well? My sister lives in Oregon and somehow still wants to try for the Duck card since she can easily become a member.

DH's CU is so amateur:

They are only open 4 hours a day/5 days a week.

There are only two employees in a room smaller than my living room.

They only report to Experian.

****They won't post my DH's paycheck to his account until 10AM on friday when they open and "turn their computers on." ****

They don't let you transfer money in/out using their online account system (which is a CU network system). You can only transfer through your existing accounts.

They send out quarterly statements on checking accounts.

Wow. Winner winner winner! This is hilarious and sad. Sounds like your hubby needs a new CU.

I think the nugget about the quarterly statements in interesting. With online access to accounts I reconcile in real-time. I never look at a bank statement, and could go without them forever.

I have to agree with you here, cv. I do the same thing.

UNFCU sends an email about your application and the phone number listed in the email gets you a message that says "the extension you entered can't be found".

Apparently they have all sorts of trouble with email, phone systems, voicemail greetings, chat, and knowing if/when they are open or closed.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=522549&p=5013431

Alliant is so amateur they sent me a preapproval for a CC and when I went on their website to apply it says "Promo Code not valid".

so I called and turns out they sent out the wrong promo code in the letter.

Alliant is so amateur they sent me a preapproval for a CC and when I went on their website to apply it says "Promo Code not valid".

so I called and turns out they sent out the wrong promo code in the letter.

:rofl: Good One.

Alliant is so amateur they sent me a preapproval for a CC and when I went on their website to apply it says "Promo Code not valid".so I called and turns out they sent out the wrong promo code in the letter.

OMG

Well, Alliant keeps suggesting I apply for their cash back cc card upon signing off. I already have their "cash back" card...

WTH...?!? I didn't know CUs still issued coupon payment booklets for installment loans...!? :swoon:

The last one I had was on a car loan from a local bank in 1978.

Suntrust does this unless you have a bank account with them which gives online access. Otherwise it's stamps for you! :glare:

I'll play, my local CU is so amateur, they wanted a utility bill instead of my DL or Passport as identification.

I have one better.

My CU thought my passport card was a green card and asked for my Visa to verfiy I was here legally

I'll play, my local CU is so amateur, they wanted a utility bill instead of my DL or Passport as identification.

I have one better.

My CU thought my passport card was a green card and asked for my Visa to verfiy I was here legally

Winner!

I have one better.

Winner!

Everyone knows that you need a MasterCard to prove your immigration status.

I have one better.

Winner!

I heard the border patrol automatically releases anyone who can produce a valid MasterCard.

I have one better.

Winner!

I heard the border patrol automatically releases anyone who can produce a valid MasterCard.

I heard they will even give you a free lift home if you produce an AMEX Green card.

I guess I will be deported soon.

WTH...?!? I didn't know CUs still issued coupon payment booklets for installment loans...!? :swoon:

The last one I had was on a car loan from a local bank in 1978.

Suntrust does this unless you have a bank account with them which gives online access. Otherwise it's stamps for you! :glare:
PrimeWay sent one for my BF's loan, and he has a savings acct with online access. :(

NASA FCU just turned me down for a CLI (been at 5,000 for almost 2 years) for excessive inquiries and available revolving credit. EX is 796.

Are they frigging kidding me? I only have 6 inquiries on there, 2 of which are NASA and 2 are mortgages. Util is 2%. Available revolving credit is $350K.

Friggin amateurs. Wasted my EX pull for absolutely nothing.

NASA FCU just turned me down for a CLI (been at 5,000 for almost 2 years) for excessive inquiries and available revolving credit. EX is 796.

Are they frigging kidding me? I only have 6 inquiries on there, 2 of which are NASA and 2 are mortgages. Util is 2%. Available revolving credit is $350K.

Friggin amateurs. Wasted my EX pull for absolutely nothing.

:lol:

I think we need a master thread for people who outgrew credit unions to share their stories.

...it took me 15 minutes and 2 departments to transfer

the $100 credit balance they applied to my $17K CC

instead of depositing to my share savings, which had

$5 in it. The memo line of the draft read "Deposit to

share account #YouPeep$Ar@Am@teur$." :swoon: