cv91915

My Credit Union is So Amateur...

My local Credit Union is So Amateur I can only add money or do anything to the IRA in person in a branch. Well, almost: they will mail you a statement. Also the return tops off at 0.25% in the best investment they offer.

Also, you cannot schedule a payment to their visa cc. And when you do pay, it takes like 3 business days even though you did from your bank account. Their CC is owned by PSCU BTW

Is this CU accessible only by traveling back in time?

Sometimes I wonder. That said, it is the card I currently have with the largest CL. Let's see if by the end of the year I will break the $15K barrier

My local Credit Union is So Amateur I can only add money or do anything to the IRA in person in a branch. Well, almost: they will mail you a statement. Also the return tops off at 0.25% in the best investment they offer.

Also, you cannot schedule a payment to their visa cc. And when you do pay, it takes like 3 business days even though you did from your bank account. Their CC is owned by PSCU BTW

Is this CU accessible only by traveling back in time?

Sometimes I wonder. That said, it is the card I currently have with the largest CL. Let's see if by the end of the year I will break the $15K barrier

You must have had to leave a testicle in one of their safe deposit boxes to be trusted like that!

Here's one: DCU approved me for a CC last month. The card was supposedly mailed on Jan. 31. I've been calling a couple of times every week since then to check on the progress. "Don't worry," they said. "The weather has been bad; the card is on its way. It usually takes 7 to 10 biz days but give it some more time because the weather the weather the weather." Okay. Then I call back again, and I get this: "We see that it was sent. It should be there any day now." Huh. So on Friday, I call back to ask them to please cancel the card and reissue it since it clearly isn't coming to me and must be floating out there in space somewhere. Pause. Rep says, "Oh, I'm showing that we only sent you the ATM card. The CC was NEVER sent. That must have been a misunderstanding." ?!?!??!?! I'm flabbergasted, and express my extreme disappointment to them. They were contrite and offered to FedEx it to me first thing on Monday. I'm starting a pool to see how long it'll take to get to me. And I won't be holding my breath. Smh...

Here's one: DCU approved me for a CC last month. The card was supposedly mailed on Jan. 31. I've been calling a couple of times every week since then to check on the progress. "Don't worry," they said. "The weather has been bad; the card is on its way. It usually takes 7 to 10 biz days but give it some more time because the weather the weather the weather." Okay. Then I call back again, and I get this: "We see that it was sent. It should be there any day now." Huh. So on Friday, I call back to ask them to please cancel the card and reissue it since it clearly isn't coming to me and must be floating out there in space somewhere. Pause. Rep says, "Oh, I'm showing that we only sent you the ATM card. The CC was NEVER sent. That must have been a misunderstanding." ?!?!??!?! I'm flabbergasted, and express my extreme disappointment to them. They were contrite and offered to FedEx it to me first thing on Monday. I'm starting a pool to see how long it'll take to get to me. And I won't be holding my breath. Smh...

DCU definitely has a reputation for being disorganized...

Logix FCU will take your application if you live in Minnesota, do a HP on your credit, and then deny you for living in Minnesota.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524637&p=4983610

Put a check for $23,000 into a co-op ATM into my DCU checking acct. After 3 weeks, the $23,000 was still in my old checking acct with Wells Fargo, and DCU had cleared the funds 2 days after the deposit. When i called to ask DCU why the funds had not been removed from Wells Fargo, they said that the ATM didn't scan the check and that they essentially gave me $23,000 and would not have realized it if i did not call to question it. nice....

Put a check for $23,000 into a co-op ATM into my DCU checking acct. After 3 weeks, the $23,000 was still in my old checking acct with Wells Fargo, and DCU had cleared the funds 2 days after the deposit. When i called to ask DCU why the funds had not been removed from Wells Fargo, they said that the ATM didn't scan the check and that they essentially gave me $23,000 and would not have realized it if i did not call to question it. nice....

Score another one for DCU being a complete disaster! :D

WTF??? :huh::huh::huh:

That is terrifying!! :swoon:

DCU requires that I fill out and fax or mail in a form to have my car loan auto paid every month from my DCU account. I honestly don't know if that's SOP for CUs, but it seems really cumbersome and dated. When I had my car loan at Chase, I had the option to schedule an auto pay online. I really don't want to dump on DCU, because they've been great to me and I am appreciative, but for anyone who's considering them, just be aware that it'll be a bit of work. For me, it's definitely worth it. They've put me back on the credit map.

Edited by seetheworld1

DCU requires that I fill out and fax or mail in a form to have my car loan auto paid every month from my DCU account. I honestly don't know if that's SOP for CUs, but it seems really cumbersome and dated. When I had my car loan at Chase, I had the option to schedule an auto pay online. I really don't want to dump on DCU, because they've been great to me and I am appreciative, but for anyone who's considering them, just be aware that it'll be a bit of work. For me, it's definitely worth it. They've put me back on the credit map.

:lol:

desktop-fax-machine-1989.jpg

ACH push my friend, ACH push.

BW1216, on 25 Feb 2014 - 9:44 PM, said:

seetheworld1, on 25 Feb 2014 - 1:01 PM, said:

ACH push my friend, ACH push.

speaking of ACH pushes went to my local cu and asked to do a ACH transfer to NFCU they looked at me like I was crazy and proceeded to do a wire transfer. the same CU has a small branch that doesn't answer the phone only a answering machine u have to call the main branch....SMH

shifter, on 26 Feb 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

ACH pushes are done through online banking.

correct... I didn't have access to a computer at the particular time.

DH's CU is so amateur:

They are only open 4 hours a day/5 days a week.

There are only two employees in a room smaller than my living room.

They only report to Experian.

They won't post my DH's paycheck to his account until 10AM on friday when they open and "turn their computers on."

They don't let you transfer money in/out using their online account system (which is a CU network system). You can only transfer through your existing accounts.

They send out quarterly statements on checking accounts.

DH's CU is so amateur:

They won't post my DH's paycheck to his account until 10AM on friday when they open and "turn their computers on."

:lol:

DH's CU is so amateur:

****They won't post my DH's paycheck to his account until 10AM on friday when they open and "turn their computers on." ****

They don't let you transfer money in/out using their online account system (which is a CU network system). You can only transfer through your existing accounts.

Wow. Winner winner winner! This is hilarious and sad. Sounds like your hubby needs a new CU.

DH's CU is so amateur:

****They won't post my DH's paycheck to his account until 10AM on friday when they open and "turn their computers on." ****

Wow. Winner winner winner! This is hilarious and sad. Sounds like your hubby needs a new CU.

I think the nugget about the quarterly statements in interesting. With online access to accounts I reconcile in real-time. I never look at a bank statement, and could go without them forever.

DH's CU is so amateur:

Eh. I've tried. Its an employer/city government type credit union and he wants to "just keep it simple." We keep our stuff separate so I definitely would never count on my money being in there!

DH's CU is so amateur:

Eh. I've tried. Its an employer/city government type credit union and he wants to "just keep it simple." We keep our stuff separate so I definitely would never count on my money being in there!

Are their computers of the steampunk kind? In fact, is this a steampunk CU?

DH's CU is so amateur:

Are their computers of the steampunk kind? In fact, is this a steampunk CU?

Thank you for this comment. Now I need to find a way to work this word into a work discussion. "Steampunk" is one notch lower on the difficulty scale than "mountebank". I've never woven that word into my daily dialogue, but I'm hellbent to try.