Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

My Credit Union is So Amateur...

The only thing Holyfield was famous for was chelate ear suckers with bites taken out!

And just imagine the Pinterest pages of cookies and confections made on the GFG!

I have a few for the list:

Declines you for being Egyptian.

Approves you without verifying eligibility then later freezes your accounts while they verify eligibility.

Makes you fax in recon requests...I mean really who faxes anything these days.

Has websites and online banking interfaces that have the same level of sophistication as Prodigy.

Require separate login IDs for the CC rewards.

Fax machines are what CUs bought to prove that they really keep up with technology! :P

I think they get them from the same place that designs their websites...

You know.. These older promotional items, like Blackberrys and microwaves and kitchen sets, lol. Could it all be a part of efforts to keep costs down? ...

Hey now... BlackBerrys are actually still useful. I have one for work and have an iPhone personally. I was given the option to use my iPhone with an app that sync to the outlook server and declined.

Approves you without verifying eligibility then later freezes your accounts while they verify eligibility.

Has websites and online banking interfaces that have the same level of sophistication as Prodigy.

Fax machines are what CUs bought to prove that they really keep up with technology! :P

You know.. These older promotional items, like Blackberrys and microwaves and kitchen sets, lol. Could it all be a part of efforts to keep costs down? ...

Hey now... BlackBerrys are actually still useful. I have one for work and have an iPhone personally. I was given the option to use my iPhone with an app that sync to the outlook server and declined.

The most recent BB device my company issued to me was somehow accidentally hit by a car and THEN dropped into a toilet. What are the odds?

That thing was a useless piece of garbage. I'd rather have a Motorola flip phone than another BB product.

The most recent BB device my company issued to me was somehow accidentally hit by a car and THEN dropped into a toilet. What are the odds?

That thing was a useless piece of garbage. I'd rather have a Motorola flip phone than another BB product.

I'm super anxious for the Q10... need to upgrade my Bold.

I'm pretty sure it was the Bold that met its untimely demise, first on a public thoroughfare and then in a public toilet. The keys were so impossibly beveled that you couldn't type anything accurately if you had fingers larger than a hamster's.

I'm pretty sure it was the Bold that met its untimely demise, first on a public thoroughfare and then in a public toilet. The keys were so impossibly beveled that you couldn't type anything accurately if you had fingers larger than a hamster's.

I heard the Z10 and Q10 were underwhelming, too.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/death-blackberry-151442322.html

blackberry_death-300x225.jpg

Edited by rslifkin

Hamsters have fingers?

So, it was a toilet delivery truck or van?

Hamsters have fingers?

hamsterbite-image.jpg

I'll play, my local CU is so amateur, they wanted a utility bill instead of my DL or Passport as identification.

:lol:

Awesome.

My credit union was so amateur that they first issued me an ATM card...

My credit union is so amateur if you have more than one account, you have to have different login's for each account to access them online.

My credit union is so amateur to do a stop payment, balance transfer request, ANY request, you have to come in and complete a form, BY HAND.

My credit union is so amateur if you have more than one account, you have to have different login's for each account to access them online.

My credit union is so amateur to do a stop payment, balance transfer request, ANY request, you have to come in and complete a form, BY HAND.

That's funny.

That reminds me... In December when I went in to my local CU to close my secured card I had to put my request in writing, freestyle, on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of plain white paper. They didn't even have a form...

That's funny.

That reminds me... In December when I went in to my local CU to close my secured card I had to put my request in writing, freestyle, on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of plain white paper. They didn't even have a form...

Sounds familiar. Takes me at least an hour to open and close a safe deposit box and I have to access 3 systems just to create a dang debit card. And we are still using the stand alone fax, we have to walk a mile to. SMH

I think it would be hard to find a more amateur CU than OCCU. The animal card debacle is ridiculous.

For those reading this a year from now:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524593&hl=

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524574

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524066

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=523648

... and I'm sure I missed a few ...

My credit union is so professional and high-tech, they got rid of all their computer stuff and switched to the abacus. Hacking has been reduced to zero without the need to hire expensive computer security consultants.

My credit union is so professional and high-tech, they got rid of all their computer stuff and switched to the abacus. Hacking has been reduced to zero without the need to hire expensive computer security consultants.

:lol:

My local Credit Union is So Amateur I can only add money or do anything to the IRA in person in a branch. Well, almost: they will mail you a statement. Also the return tops off at 0.25% in the best investment they offer.

Also, you cannot schedule a payment to their visa cc. And when you do pay, it takes like 3 business days even though you did from your bank account. Their CC is owned by PSCU BTW

My local Credit Union is So Amateur I can only add money or do anything to the IRA in person in a branch. Well, almost: they will mail you a statement. Also the return tops off at 0.25% in the best investment they offer.

Also, you cannot schedule a payment to their visa cc. And when you do pay, it takes like 3 business days even though you did from your bank account. Their CC is owned by PSCU BTW

Is this CU accessible only by traveling back in time?