Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

My Credit Union is So Amateur...

Not really is small CU. But Santander put a 5 day hold on a check because the bank wouldn't verify the funds. From which bank was the check issued? SANTANDER!!! And they can't verify it themselves!

Noticed this message when I logged into NFCU today:

We're aware that the amount due for some members' mortgage payments is displaying incorrectly and are working to resolve the issue quickly.

13 hours ago, mec said:

Noticed this message when I logged into NFCU today:

We're aware that the amount due for some members' mortgage payments is displaying incorrectly and are working to resolve the issue quickly.

That's quite a GLITCH.  :lol:  

If you want to pay your DCU car payment from another CU (and pay it on time), you might need to know this workaround to force DCU's subprime technology to get the job done:

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?/topic/615592-dcu-be-careful-using-their-service-to-access-your-other-bank-accounts-when-setting-up-transfers/

Good lord.

Edited by cv91915

PSECU or their software vendor botches a major release and PSECU tries to solve the problem with mandatory overtime.  

Recent fun trying to pay for an extended vehicle warranty from a credit union with a credit card.

Also some lively discussion about hand puppets earlier in the thread.

A few months ago I made a $5k down payment on a car with my NFCU card and it wasn't declined. I was 50 miles from home and it's the largest purchase I've made with this card. Glad I didn't have any hassles, but also surprised an unusual transaction didn't get flagged.

Just this week I got my NFCU statement where they charged a cent of interest. Not a huge deal, but my account has 0% on purchases and balance transfers until at least November. Hopefully the next statement doesn't have any surprises.

KIiSTFp.jpg

1YkXRmv.png

I called the number on the back of the card, but they're closed.  :lol:

defaultLuvMyCreditUnion-600x300.jpg

I had not received my new DCU debit card which was expiring in 9/18.  I ordered a new one. On October 1st, I received my brand new visa debit card, activated it and tried to use it for the first time...  declined.  It seems they sent me a brand new card with a 9/18 expiration date!  Other than that, I love my new pre-declined card.

Edited by sgleich

11 hours ago, earlh said:

SF Fire credit union changed their site and it now sucks.  They no longer offer the credit score in the site, but if you contact customer service, they'll pull it for you.

2 hours ago, mendelssohn said:

My credit union (NFCU) is so amateur that account information has been unavailable for hours now.

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  

I think they are periodically reindexing the database that tracks who they think has which genitals.  

22 hours ago, cv91915 said:

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  

I think they are periodically reindexing the database that tracks who they think has which genitals.  

Down again right now.

5 hours ago, mendelssohn said:

Down again right now.

You were away from here for quite a while.  

Did you have anything...  done?

On 2/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, cv91915 said:

You were away from here for quite a while.  

Did you have anything...  done?

:lol:

I belong to two CU. NASA and USAlliance. I would never use them or any CU as my go to daily banking. I have a CC with each of them. Don't use them much though. 

I set a travel notice a few times on my NASA visa. About 5 days AFTER the trip has ended, I get emails telling me I'm all good to go for my trip. 

I applied for a job with one of the credit unions which I am a member. They emailed me asking me to release the credit freeze for at least 72 hours so they can do their background investigation. Now granted I have yet to have a job interview with them, much less a job offer or anything else indicating I'd be hired. I called the HR person in the email and the conversation went thus:

Me: "So you want to do background on me, but I have yet to interview or anything with your organization"

CU HR: "Yes. That's our standard procedure"

Me: "So does this mean I'm one of your desired candidates before even interviewing me?"

CU HR: "No, and we can't guarantee granting of an interview or a job offer, but we do our background before bringing people in for interviews"

Me: "Which credit bureau will this be on and will it be a soft or hard inquiry?"

CU HR: "These will be hard inquiries, and we pull reports for all three major bureaus and Lexis-Nexus for employee screening background checks"

Me: "All that BEFORE the interview or job offer?"

CU HR: "Yes"

Me: "I'll withdraw myself from consideration. Thanks for your time."

I've had post-offer or post-acceptance background checks so this would be expected after an offer was made. But all that prior to even an interview?

I applied for a job with one of the credit unions which I am a member. They emailed me asking me to release the credit freeze for at least 72 hours so they can do their background investigation. Now granted I have yet to have a job interview with them, much less a job offer or anything else indicating I'd be hired. I called the HR person in the email and the conversation went thus:

Me: "So you want to do background on me, but I have yet to interview or anything with your organization"
Me: "So does this mean I'm one of your desired candidates before even interviewing me?"
CU HR: "No, and we can't guarantee granting of an interview or a job offer, but we do our background before bringing people in for interviews"
Me: "Which credit bureau will this be on and will it be a soft or hard inquiry?"
CU HR: "These will be hard inquiries, and we pull reports for all three major bureaus and Lexis-Nexus for employee screening background checks"

I've had post-offer or post-acceptance background checks so this would be expected after an offer was made. But all that prior to even an interview?

You may want to check your state laws regarding background and credit checks for employment. It may be allowed. Even when the laws allow pre-offer checks, many employers only do post-offer checks.

3 hours ago, credit_help said:

You may want to check your state laws regarding background and credit checks for employment. It may be allowed. Even when the laws allow pre-offer checks, many employers only do post-offer checks.

It is legal here, but I find it highly unusual that's all. I wasn't all that enthusiastic about the job as it was a glorified help desk role, and three HP without so much as an interview and possibility of an offer is a bit much IMO. This was the first time I've ever submitted my resume for a position with a financial institution, and I suppose when you have relatively inexpensive access to the CRAs you can run pre-interview background screenings like that.

7 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

my spouse's credit is reviewed regularly by her employer. seems like a fair trade... but yah checking before an firm offer is weird.

It is legal here, but I find it highly unusual that's all. I wasn't all that enthusiastic about the job as it was a glorified help desk role, and three HP without so much as an interview and possibility of an offer is a bit much IMO. This was the first time I've ever submitted my resume for a position with a financial institution, and I suppose when you have relatively inexpensive access to the CRAs you can run pre-interview background screenings like that.

Why do you want to work for a company that requires background/credit check before an offer?

Some jobs/fields get higher share of applicants with credit and other issues. So, this could be their way of filtering.