Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Very weird SP for "Health Fraud." WTF?

The last post in this topic was posted 2450 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi, guys,

I was just looking over my TU report and noticed in the soft pulls section that Equifax softed my TU for this: "Permissible Purpose: Colorado Health Care/Investigate Fraud." What in the world? Anybody have a clue as to what this could be? There are no additional details there, other than that the pull was made by EQ back in December and I really don't want to call them up on this and trigger some kind of alert. Could someone have stolen my identity for health purposes? I have been sick a lot so I'm pretty on top of my medical/insurance bills and related correspondence and I haven't noticed anything hinky (outside of the ridiculously high charges and when the insurance companies decide they just won't pay for something). I'd appreciate any feedback you can give. Thanks!

First of all, are you in CO? There have been some recent instances of hospital employees stealing people's info from their medical records. I would just monitor my reports for any other activity. See if there is anything else on there that might not be yours - different address, middle name or initial, phone number, as well as credit account - with Experian, different work address, etc. Anything.

A safe assumption is that they were trying to verify someone else's identity and got a list that included yours because they didn't provide enough info.

As far as your insurance company not paying claims - has your doctor's office appealed them? Often the issue is with the way the claims were filed. If you are getting stuck with bills you think your insurance should pay, and your doctor's office has appealed them, let me know. That's how I got into tunning credit websites. I'm a retired agent, and although things have changed a lot, some things haven't changed, and that's the mistakes peple make. I handled my Mom's medicare issues, and I had my share. I can give you an outline of action to follow to help you get legitimate claims taken care of.

First of all, are you in CO? There have been some recent instances of hospital employees stealing people's info from their medical records. I would just monitor my reports for any other activity. See if there is anything else on there that might not be yours - different address, middle name or initial, phone number, as well as credit account - with Experian, different work address, etc. Anything.

A safe assumption is that they were trying to verify someone else's identity and got a list that included yours because they didn't provide enough info.

As far as your insurance company not paying claims - has your doctor's office appealed them? Often the issue is with the way the claims were filed. If you are getting stuck with bills you think your insurance should pay, and your doctor's office has appealed them, let me know. That's how I got into tunning credit websites. I'm a retired agent, and although things have changed a lot, some things haven't changed, and that's the mistakes peple make. I handled my Mom's medicare issues, and I had my share. I can give you an outline of action to follow to help you get legitimate claims taken care of.

No, I'm in NY. I guess I'll just have to monitor all three -- and freeze/lock them as an added precaution. Not sure if the CRAs charge extra to have each report locked? As for the insurance company, my doctor has appealed. Thanks, Breeze!

No, I'm in NY. I guess I'll just have to monitor all three -- and freeze/lock them as an added precaution. Not sure if the CRAs charge extra to have each report locked? As for the insurance company, my doctor has appealed. Thanks, Breeze!

No they don't charge for this. But, if you're applying for new credit, make sure your phone number for fraud alert is on all 3 CRA's. I have a fraud alert on all 3 but Experian doesn't have my phone number and I've still been going through hell trying to have them put it on. And, that's the main report they seem to pull.

The last post in this topic was posted 2450 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.