Sign in to follow this  
nolanryan

Welp, the other side of credit success

I guess my score is getting more juicy for the jdb's. I hadn't received a collection letter in years and today I received two

1 is from a Washington mutual account for $471 and the other is for for some toll roads for $150.

I can't remember when I had a wamu account but I feel like it's been more than 10 or 15 years but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I guess I need to fire off some dv's to these guys. Sigh

Those toll road collections can turn into a warrant for your arrest in TX. You should probably pay it.

I don't think so. In 30 years I've never known anyone to be arrested and news channels have dine reports if people owing north of 100k. I should pay them though

Those toll road collections can turn into a warrant for your arrest in TX. You should probably pay it.

Never ever heard of that, just suspended tags.

how do you rack up 100k in toll fees?

For starters the ntta is dealing with courts regarding their fining. My $150 tab was probably less than $10 in tolls. A $2 paid late quickly gets to $30 or $40. Now take somebody who blows through tolls almost daily and there you go. There has been several news stories about a handful of people who accomplished this

how do you rack up 100k in toll fees?

Added fees would be my guess.

The toll didn't read my transponder and I just got a violation letter for $60+ on a $3 toll.

Gotta call them Monday.

Edited by 12lbRooster

I don't think so. In 30 years I've never known anyone to be arrested and news channels have dine reports if people owing north of 100k. I should pay them though

http://enews.ntta.org/DrivingForward/September2012/DF_092012_TollViolators

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/transportation/20120620-ntta-plans-to-sue-toll-scofflaws-publish-biggest-offenders-names.ece

http://enews.ntta.org/DrivingForward/September2012/DF_092012_TollViolatorshttp://www.dallasnews.com/news/transportation/20120620-ntta-plans-to-sue-toll-scofflaws-publish-biggest-offenders-names.ece
Thanks for posting. The ntta would love some help from local law enforcement but so far they have been given the finger

NTTA is pretty easy to deal with. I had a $1500 notice from them last year. Turns out the card I had on file was hijacked and blocked and I overlooked NTTA when fixing, I had changed address and no forwarded notice was sent by NTTA. Went to the NTTA office paid the actual tolls and all was forgiven. Because NTTA uses JP court its $250 for each violation unless resolved. Doesn't take long at that rate to run up a big bill.

Edited by walterg55

The FOAD letter in the "samples" section refers to the dates of the original account being stated in the dunning letters from the JDB. My letter doesn't have any dates for the OC. Do I just omit this part of the FOAD letter?

I guess my score is getting more juicy for the jdb's. I hadn't received a collection letter in years and today I received two

1 is from a Washington mutual account for $471 and the other is for for some toll roads for $150.

I can't remember when I had a wamu account but I feel like it's been more than 10 or 15 years but I'm not sure.

WAMU bought out Providian ... was a pretty good size credit card issuer 15 years ago. I had 2 myself but they were IIB.

WAMU bought out Providian ... was a pretty good size credit card issuer 15 years ago. I had 2 myself but they were IIB.

Yep and Chase ended up with WAMU, I have the trifecta of old COs one with each, its why I will never bother to app with Chase.

IMO, you should try.

I had a CO with Chase about 8 years ago and have gotten 2 recent apps approved with them.

manual UW asks about it every time, but I explain it and it's never been an issue.

Yep, not getting hounded is a benefit of having really bad credit. 5 years ago I had no CLs reporting, no employers listed current or historical, and multiple baddies. Of course I didn't know about any of this since I hadn't applied for credit or used credit in a very, very long time. I didn't know what a credit report was having never seen one.

CAs probably just looked at my report and moved on. No phone calls and I think I got one letter a year. Probably didn't get any phone calls because my phone number wasn't on any credit or public records.

My credit files were so bad that no one tried to steal my identity and open accounts in my name. I doubt they would have been approved for Kays let alone anything really damaging.

Everything bad has a good side and it's better to go through life looking for the positives.

Since I don't recall how old that wamu debt is, and I assumed I had it when they went under, then can I assume it's wm past the 4 sol since wamu was bought out in 2008 I believe

I believe the transfer of WAMU to Chase was completed in April of 2008.

I had a WAMU charge off that shows as Chase on my credit reports although it was charged off in 2007. My reports show a date of last payment in April 2008 for about 10% of the total that wasn't deducted from my total owed. I never made a payment so I believe that might reflect the internal transfer rate of the charged off debt.

What does your credit report say regarding your date of last payment? Or your DOFD?

Sounds like it's probably past the 7 year reporting. Neither Chase nor Chase's JDB were shy about reporting this till the bitter end.

Was it originally a Providian card?

Wamu checking account. I think it was 10 years ago but I'm not sure and since it's not in my reports, I have nothing to compare it to

Oh, I didn't realize it wasn't a credit card.

I don't remember when my WAMU account became Chase. Sometime 2008-2009 I think.

I don't know anything about bad checking accounts. What are you using for SOL of 4 years? Are bank accounts considered Open Accounts or something else?

Hopefully someone who knows more on this subject can assist.

ANY debt with collections is subject to the SOL. I received one from WF bought by a CA and I sent them a letter letting them know it was out of SOL and not to contact me anymore. Never heard from them again. They depend on you not knowing any better.

If anyone has questions as to how driving stuff works in NJ, fire away.

I have $7000 in surcharges, and (previously) some jail time, so... 1. Jail is big business, and 2. I know a lot.