Disputing a Charge on CC question

The last post in this topic was posted 2579 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I signed up to a credit repair agency a while back and decided I didn't want it anymore. Bottom line, they charged me for the first month and maybe about 2 weeks later they charged me again. I only had the service for about 2 weeks. If I dispute the item, does it put a fraud alert on my credit report or do the agency's look at anything that seems strange. It's not valid

did you talk to them about it?

most issues like this are just billing mistakes and can be resolved with a simple phone call.

only dispute with CC when absolutely necessary.

but, no, a CC dispute doesn't affect your credit.

most issues like this are just billing mistakes and can be resolved with a simple phone call.

They actually stated that they were going to charge me for another month even though I didn't agree to it. I just wanted to cancel the service. What are the disadvantages of making a cc dispute. If their is a lot involved, I'll just cut the loss.

They actually stated that they were going to charge me for another month even though I didn't agree to it. I just wanted to cancel the service. What are the disadvantages of making a cc dispute. If their is a lot involved, I'll just cut the loss.

It isn't a complicated process. You can simply send a letter to the CC company and dispute the charge. The big question is did you follow the repair agency's policy for cancelling the service? If you did enclose proof of that with the letter disputing the charge. It should be removed fairly easily.

I had a charge on my MC from the Target breach from some company in England. I called the CC company to report the fraudulent use and they shut down the card, sent me a new one with a new number, and removed the charge in under 7 days. Your situation is a lot different so I would do it in writing.

The last post in this topic was posted 2579 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.