Sign in to follow this  
LONESTAR2014

BBVA Clearpoints Visa Daily Spending Limit

FYI for anyone with the BBVA Compass Clearpoints card. There is a $5,000 maximum daily spending limit on the card, no matter what your credit line is.

I tried to use the card for a medical procedure costing $5,430 yesterday and it was declined. I called in thinking it was a security issue, because I had $13,000 in available credit. The representative said no one who has this card can charge more than $5,000 in one day, and that there is no way around it.

I used my Chase Sapphire instead and it went through with no problem. It might be helpful for posters hoping to use this card's 0% intro APR for a major purchase.

Seriously? My debit card has a daily limit, but who uses debit card?

Boob job?

Edited by cv91915

Haha, no. Laser hair removal.

I was actually astonished at the cost. That $5,430 was just for my face and neck.

You used your face and neck to remove hair from their laser, and they charged YOU?

Sure enough. To makes things seem even crazier, it only took them 15 minutes. You go for 5 appointments total, then the hair is all gone.

So I just spent $5,430 for 1 hour and 15 minutes worth of lasering.

Yes!

Cool. You may no longer be able to sport a beard, but the possibility of a mullet lasts forever. :D

Thanks for the info. I haven't used the card that much lately. I didn't know it has the daily spending limit. Is it only for that card or all of the cards?

Ron.

They didn't say anything about the other cards. You would think the Visa Signature cards would allow for more spending power, but I think you would need to call and get that specific bit of information.

I guess I can see a $5,000 per transaction limit, but $5,000 a day?

Not that I spend that much on a regular basis, but it's not that much when we're talking about a total of multiple transactions.

It would have never even occurred to me that there would be a fixed transaction limit that can't be easily removed with a call from the bank attempting to verify a larger than normal amount of transactions.

Considering that the highest credit line they offer is $20k, I can see them doing this as a risk management tactic. It is definitely an unusual practice, however.

Yes!

Does it really only take 5 sessions to get rid of the hair permanently?

Sure enough. To makes things seem even crazier, it only took them 15 minutes. You go for 5 appointments total, then the hair is all gone.

So I just spent $5,430 for 1 hour and 15 minutes worth of lasering.

I'm in the wrong line of work.