Sign in to follow this  
theroadback

Quill, Uline and Grainger NOT REPORTING!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I am new to the credit building process and appreciate the wealth of information on this board. I purchased items with a net 30 or net 15 account from Quill, Uline and Grainger 4 months ago and still nothing is reporting. Each balance purchased was between $45-$100. I paid each one in full approximately 1 week after delivery of items. Is it normal for it to take over 4 months to show up on DNB? Is there a minimum that must be ordered in order for them to report? I am getting so frustrated! Any input you have would be greatly appreciated. I thank you all in advance for any information or feedback!

I am in the same boat, and made multiple orders, one order at Grainger was $1100 and didn't report yet and that was in November.. I am also getting frustrated. I hope Wex, and Amazon report I put over $2500 on both of those!

I had the same experience with Quill and called them to see why it was taking so long. The credit department told me that they wait for 90 days before reporting to make sure that you are actively using the report. She also told me that I should see my first reporting on the 15th of this month. I was told they report to DnB and Experian.

Good Luck!

@gr8white

Quill waits 90days before reporting your first payment to make sure you still actively charging and using your credit line. I guess they know that people use them to get a DnB "first impression", then never use them again.

If true it's just a Quill thing other vendors don't do that. Quill was going though a phase of feeling used a while back so that wouldn't surprise me if they do that.

I can see that because about 5 years ago I opened up a Quill account and bought some BS expecting it to report to an old Corp of mine (I had no clue what I was doing then). But about 2 years ago I went to open a Quill account again and they told me it had to be a cash account for at least 3 payment experiences before they can make it a net 30.. I said screw that crap! B)

Thank you for all the responses. Seems that whether you use Quill once or weekly they should report accurately regardless. That being said what about line and grainger? Same story or do you think it is DNB playing games? Years ago I ordered from all 3 and they were reported within 1 month? Anyone else have any recent experience re this or any insight? Thanks for you responses!

Seems the "starter accounts" are not working anymore :(. Has anyone recently started building credit and had success with companies reporting? If so what "starter accounts" are reporting because 4 months plus uline, grainger and quill show nothing. Frustrated!

DNB is backed up. So it takes time for certain things to post.

But like you said "years ago" you ordered from all 3 and they reported in a month. Times have changed.

Just Like Stroke said keep plug in along and most important do not pay right away they might consider COD.....Just wait to the end of 30 Days....close enough to the Due Date to pay so it can be really consider Net-30 or Net-15 whatever the case it might be

They do report but the DNB has been the issue lately. Especially for new companies. There is nothing anyone can do. Stick with the program and you will be all set.

DNB has been very very slow lately, don't expect it quickly.. DNB updates weekly during the weekends in general but some info doesn't get posted as soon as they receive it.

I think the best would be to get a secured business card. That would probably be the quickest way for business credit to post don't you think BR?

If you want to play the business credit building game. I would assume You really do in fact have a real live breathing business aka C-Corp < best for business credit> Or S-Corp, LLC etc,etc,etc...Well in order to run said business you'll have on going monthly needs for office supply, = Quill which btw they have good monthly specials... Grainger has 1,000's upon 1,000's of things any business could use.

My point is 3 months in the big picture is not bad at all for the big picture. Yes things have changed from back in the day, You just have to change with the times and work the game we call business credit. In the long run it is well worth it. It sucks they take forever now days to report Playing both sides here DND, EX got burned a lot back in the day can't really fault them. We play this game in the sandbox they created... Happy credit building and have a blessd weekend