Sign in to follow this  
funkiehouse

Reporting Question Repo High Balance

I was nosing through my reports and taking a look at my repo. The high balance on one reports the original amount of the car loan. I was thinking since the original contract was voided by the repo the high balance should be no more than the CO amount? I'm just looking for crap to dispute since I have nothing going on now.

Thoughts?

My husband and I had a repo in December 2012, which we included in our recent bankruptcy. I believe before the bankruptcy it was reporting with the high balance as the amount we owed just before it was repoed. I'll have to look at my copies of our pre bk reports and see. I'll check later today, and post what I find.

Edited by RedHairedLady

Thanks a bunch. I just double checked and two CRAs are reporting the high balance as the original amount and one is reporting it as the CO amount.

Mine reported the CO amount right up until the day it was delete after I disputed it for being re-aged several times.

OK, I took a look at the old credit reports I had for my husband and I, pre bankruptcy (pulled in February 2013), from Experian and Transunion. Can't find copies of any of our old Equifax reports. Both show the loan as charged off. Here's what they said:

Experian:

ALLY FINANCIAL

Address: PO BOX 380901 BLOOMINGTON, MNÂ 55438 (888) 925-2559

Type: Auto Loan Terms: 72 Months Monthly Payment: $0 Responsibility: Joint with ________

Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2019.

Credit Limit/Original Amount: $17,136 High Balance: NA Recent Balance: $0 as of 02/2013 Recent Payment: $16,991

Date Opened: 02/2011 Reported Since: 02/2011 Date of Status: 02/2013 Last Reported: 02/2013

Transunion:

ALLY FINANCIAL

P.O. BOX 380901 BLOOMINGTON, MN 55438 (888) 925-2559

02/24/2011 Joint Account Installment Account

Loan Type: AUTOMOBILE

Date Closed: 12/03/2012

Date Updated: 12/03/2012

Payment Received: $16,991

Last Payment Made: 1/16/2013

Original Charge Off: $6,187

Pay Status: Charged Off

Terms: $344 per month, paid Monthly for 72 months 12/03/2012

High Balance: High balance of $17,136 from 04/2011 to 11/2011; $17,136 from 01/2012 to 01/2012; $17,136 from 04/2012 to 07/2012; $17,136 from 09/2012 to 12/2012

Remarks: >UNPAID BALANCE CHARGED OFF<

Since we filed for bankruptcy this past October, they both now show the loan with a zero balance, but with all the bad payment history still listed.

Hope this helps!

Edited by RedHairedLady

Thanks a bunch Ms. Red!!

You're welcome! :wave:

I figured they probably could report the original amount. I could live with my 0 bal COs if I could just get rid of this repo. Thinking my only option left is a CFPB for improper reporting (re-aging) with a $11 false payment 1.5 years after the CO.