Sign in to follow this  
Tavares

Fico Utilization Test, +86 Points in 2 Months

BW has 15,000. If you ask nice you can also get BW to add you on as an AU.. :rofl::rofl:

Bob, are you there? Pretty please... :angel:

@funkiehouse, you're too funny lol

There are too many details missing,

and not enough control of variables.

My best advice is to stop spending money on FICOs.

Thanks, I think I'm done with spending too :). Although, I must say, I didn't mind it given the positive outcome.

Congrats!

What is the age of your youngest account?

Thanks. My newest account is 12 Months old.

if it's 12 months old now, a decent portion of your score increase has been the aging of that account from very new to slightly new.

I agree if your acct recently turned 1 then that added to the point increase. I'm on my phone and can't see the previous page without erasing this post but how many months until your AAOA turn 7? That should help with getting close to 800 I would think, as well as the util.

Eh I went back. You have a while. Maybe 6.6 will help? What's the second to oldest acct?

I have 5 other credit card accounts opened 7 years ago (app spree).

Any info on how to calculate AAOA? Which accounts are included? Are closed accounts taken into consideration?

You don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Pretty much everything you can think of,

that affects FICO,

has been investigated by one of the BIs. ;)

Thanks cv91915,

I agree with you Bob, but I'm yet to see a conclusive answer on this. CreditSecure for instance, appears to be using only me open revolving accounts to compute AAOA.

Time to make a spreadsheet :grin:

What's a spreadsheet?

:blush: excel spreadsheet to study my AAOA

The chances are good that Bob has a spreadsheet for whatever credit topic you want to study. ;)

Tavares - that was sarcasm at its finest lol. I'm pretty sure if you search here for the word "master" you'd be quite surprised at what you find.

Tavares - that was sarcasm at its finest lol. I'm pretty sure if you search here for the word "master" you'd be quite surprised at what you find.

lol

I'm following this with great interest. I don't have quite the details that you do, but I was in the 680'$ on all three agencies. My utilization was near 95% and I had 2 or 3 60 days late from 5 years back. In mid January I paid down to around 9% utilization. Barclay vice me a monthly fico and it was 725 a week ago. I don't know if all my payments have been reported yet, but I'm dying to do a triple report to see where I'm at. But, i don't want to do it until I'm sure all payments 're in. How much h longer do you think I should wait?

I'm following this with great interest. I don't have quite the details that you do, but I was in the 680'$ on all three agencies. My utilization was near 95% and I had 2 or 3 60 days late from 5 years back. In mid January I paid down to around 9% utilization. Barclay vice me a monthly fico and it was 725 a week ago. I don't know if all my payments have been reported yet, but I'm dying to do a triple report to see where I'm at. But, i don't want to do it until I'm sure all payments 're in. How much h longer do you think I should wait?

It depends on your credit card statement dates. If you pay off your credit card and the next statement date is 2/14, then the ZERO balance should be reported within 2-3 days (2/17) or a week at most.

It depends on your credit card statement dates. If you pay off your credit card and the next statement date is 2/14, then the ZERO balance should be reported within 2-3 days (2/17) or a week at most.

+1

So, I'm gathering from this thread, that even though my (meager, pitiful) CC accounts are currently paid off and resting quietly... It would more beneficial to my potential scores to maintain a constant balance on 1 or more cards, under 10% utilization per card?

not 1 or more, just 1. and a balance at <1% of that card is ideal, but 1-10% is fine.

Mmkay. I don't have much revolving credit currently. A Discover ($1000), Chase Amazon ($500), and a Credit One ($300...that I'll likely close within the year, unless they seriously up that balance, not worth the annual fee.)

I can put my stupid-cheap Republic Wireless bill(s) on the Discover. That should be right around 1-3% each month.