The last post in this topic was posted 3332 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi there.

I plan on buying a car within the next 6-9 months and need to get my credit cleaned up. I have plans to send a few goodwill letters, as well as 1-2 pay for delete letters.

I'm having trouble debating on how to handle the 3 medical bills I have on my report (from one ER visit). They aren't due to fall off until 2016 & 2017. The amounts owed are $133, $233, and $489. I was applying for their uninsured discount plans (or covered 100% due to being unemployed) and trying to get the visit covered. I faxed all of my tax info, etc, didn't hear any "denial" back & figured it was okay. Then I had like a 20 point drop in my credit report several months later. GREAT.

The CA is "ARS". I have heard people getting them to agree with the PFD method. However, I wonder if I should try the HIPAA method first? I *kind of* understand the process, but it's a little difficult for me to follow (I've been reading about credit all day, my brain is fried lol)

The hospital where I had the treatment done is the "sister" hospital of the hospital I currently work at. Would it be worth trying to go over there and talk to them? Should I ask for a verification with the CA first?

Also, has anyone had success with PFD and having a settlement amount? I would be able to pay the $133 and $233 in full...but I'd try to offer 50% of the $489. I'm pretty certain for the HIPAA I'd have to pay the full amounts, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to follow through with that ;\.

Thank you for any help!

EDIT: Whoa. Now I am SUPER confused. I was skimming over my Transunion report and noticed some wrong info regarding these accounts.

Well, the 3 medical bills (from same ER visit) say:

$133 Placed for collection 2/04/2010 - item will be removed 04/16

$213 Placed for collection 02/03/2010 - item will be removed 04/16

$489 Placed for collection 02/23/2011 - item will be removed 05/17

That's more than the 4-5 years... Any idea what's going on?

Also...to make this even worse..... how on earth would those dates be the reported dates when I went to the ER in Feb 2011? Actually, part of me thinks I didn't go to March 2011.

I had no medical bills prior to that. So saying it went INTO COLLECTIONS in 2010 makes no sense to me... What do I do now? I don't want to try PFD when nothing makes sense anymore!

Edited by seetadeetz

Sounds like you should be following the WhyChat method. Especially if you are not sure if these debts are valid or even yours. First get any old addresses deleted and call and opt out. Not sure of the number, but you can google it. Then follow the WhyChat method step by step. Good luck to you!

Hi there.

I plan on buying a car within the next 6-9 months and need to get my credit cleaned up. I have plans to send a few goodwill letters, as well as 1-2 pay for delete letters.

I'm having trouble debating on how to handle the 3 medical bills I have on my report (from one ER visit). They aren't due to fall off until 2016 & 2017. The amounts owed are $133, $233, and $489. I was applying for their uninsured discount plans (or covered 100% due to being unemployed) and trying to get the visit covered. I faxed all of my tax info, etc, didn't hear any "denial" back & figured it was okay. Then I had like a 20 point drop in my credit report several months later. GREAT.

The CA is "ARS". I have heard people getting them to agree with the PFD method. However, I wonder if I should try the HIPAA method first? I *kind of* understand the process, but it's a little difficult for me to follow (I've been reading about credit all day, my brain is fried lol)

The hospital where I had the treatment done is the "sister" hospital of the hospital I currently work at. Would it be worth trying to go over there and talk to them? Should I ask for a verification with the CA first?

Also, has anyone had success with PFD and having a settlement amount? I would be able to pay the $133 and $233 in full...but I'd try to offer 50% of the $489. I'm pretty certain for the HIPAA I'd have to pay the full amounts, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to follow through with that ;\.

Thank you for any help!

EDIT: Whoa. Now I am SUPER confused. I was skimming over my Transunion report and noticed some wrong info regarding these accounts.

Also...to make this even worse..... how on earth would those dates be the reported dates when I went to the ER in Feb 2011? Actually, part of me thinks I didn't go to March 2011.

I had no medical bills prior to that. So saying it went INTO COLLECTIONS in 2010 makes no sense to me... What do I do now? I don't want to try PFD when nothing makes sense anymore!

Follow all these steps:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

You will be using the HIPAA letter program:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

It is more than likely that your initial dispute letter to the CRAs ( provided you have opted out and deleted old addresses) will get you a deletion. If it doesn't then follow the next steps in the program.

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

Deleted even without payment?

Thank you!

Hi there.

Thank you for any help!

Follow all these steps:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

You will be using the HIPAA letter program:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

It is more than likely that your initial dispute letter to the CRAs ( provided you have opted out and deleted old addresses) will get you a deletion. If it doesn't then follow the next steps in the program.

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

Yes deleted without payment.

It is more than likely that the CAs reporting on your credit reports did NOT acquire the accounts directly from the OC ( original creditor health care provider) but rather obtained them from another CA or a data miner.

They do not have a current business relationship with the OC and therefore are prohibited from reporting private medical data as they are not in a current business relationship with the OC and the HIPAA privacy rules prohibit the dissemination of medical data without proper authorization.

Fantastic. Thanks for your reply. Would they willingly delete, or would I have to take action ? (assuming they can never verify)

Yes deleted without payment.

It is more than likely that the CAs reporting on your credit reports did NOT acquire the accounts directly from the OC ( original creditor health care provider) but rather obtained them from another CA or a data miner.

They do not have a current business relationship with the OC and therefore are prohibited from reporting private medical data as they are not in a current business relationship with the OC and the HIPAA privacy rules prohibit the dissemination of medical data without proper authorization.

I don't understand your question!!

If you send the CRAs the initial dispute letter and the accounts are deleted it means that the reporting CAs were unable to verify their right to report.

Thanks! Sorry for being confusing. I wasn't sure if the CA would willingly delete if they couldn't verify, or if they would just ignore me to the point where i'd have to take action myself. If that makes sense. Clearly you can tell I'm new haha.

I'd like to do this asap, but considering it's still within SOL (as far as I know) i'd hate to be served.

The legal SOL for being sued on a medical collection is 4 years (3 years in some States) starting from the date of medical service. You wan't get sued by a CA because of a dispute to the CRAs, and certainly not for anything under a $1,000.

whychat, i realized that although I did opt-out a while ago, I was never able to successfully delete all old addresses. I think only Transunion deleted some. Will this interfere much with the DV? Should I hold off on sending until they're all deleted? :\

The deletion of old addresses helps with the initial dispute process to the CRAs, if you have not yet sent your initial disputes, try to get the old addresses off from Ex and Eq before sending the dispute to them.

Will this interfere much with the DV?

You are NOT ready to send the DVs to the reporting CAs, you must FIRST send the initial dispute letters to the CRAs. I suggest you opt out again as you may have inadvertantly opted back in if you did anything on line at any CRA site.

http://whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

Edited by Why Chat

The deletion of old addresses helps with the initial dispute process to the CRAs, if you have not yet sent your initial disputes, try to get the old addresses off from Ex and Eq before sending the dispute to them.

You are NOT ready to send the DVs to the reporting CAs, you must FIRST send the initial dispute letters to the CRAs. I suggest you opt out again as you may have inadvertantly opted back in if you did anything on line at any CRA site.

Edited by seetadeetz

Thanks again.

I think I confused DV with dispute. I've decided to hold off on sending until I can get the addresses removed.

I'm terribly sorry for being so confused/confusing!!

I wish we could just swap brains for a day ;)
Edited by seetadeetz

Thanks again.

I think I confused DV with dispute. I've decided to hold off on sending until I can get the addresses removed.

I'm terribly sorry for being so confused/confusing!!

I wish we could just swap brains for a day ;) I don't think you would want mine with 80+ years of senior moments piling up

• 3 weeks later...

Hi whychat, I have already opted out (2x) and deleted all addresses with TU and EQ. I have not heard back from EXP yet. I have the pre hippa letter all written out for TU and EQ. Can I send them out now? Or should I wait for Exp to delete before I proceed? As far as I know, CRA's don't communicate with each other, but I want to stay on the safe side. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi whychat and other viewers. Wanted to update!

Transunion- deleted old addresses, then deleted 3 medical collections (yay!)

Equifax- deleted old addresses, currently waiting to hear back from them any day now if the medical collections were deleted

Experian- did NOT delete old addresses, going to mail out dispute tomorrow anyway (these people are the worst)

thanks again, whychat.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Transunion: deleted addresses & 3 collections

Equifax: deleted addresses AND then later VERIFIED the 3 collections :(

Experian: waiting to hear back

Whychat, what do I send now? Should I wait to see if experian replies before contacting CA

Will do, thanks!

also, equifax stated one collection verified through the original source. so when the CA and OC have contact, it is safe to contact for a PFD or? (The debt is 3 years old and $640) Trying to look into your site now for answers!

Unless the reporting CA contacted you as a result of your dispute with accurate account data the "verification" by the CRA is meaningless, when they say the "original source" they are referring to the reporting CA as a health care provider is not permitted to report directly.

• 5 months later...

Its been months and I wanted to update.

With Whychats method, Transunion deleted on the first try. EQ and EX verified debt as mine.

I waited a few months then sent DV to the "ARS" collection agency holding the 2 medical debts. I sent two letters for each collection agency in one envelope CM. Not only did I not receive a valid reponse, I received NO REPLY. They never wrote me back. I waited about 40 days, then I sent EQ and EX with the letter per Whychats instructions, saying I received no valid response, gave them proof of delivery, etc. Equifax STILL verified the debt as mine. I'm hoping Experian will delete. =\

If they don't, do I even have any more options?

Why did you wait 40 days to send the follow up disputes to the CRAs?? The instructions CLEARLY say to send as soon as you have proof of receipt!!

Were you waiting for a response from the CAs?? Do you still believe in Santa??

I don't think you are going to get any deletion from Ex.

You say Eq verified the debt ( singular) as yours, I thought you had 3 collections on Eq and Ex.

The last post in this topic was posted 3332 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.