Happy happy joy joy! EX deleted judgment!

The last post in this topic was posted 2632 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Yup, it’s true. About two weeks ago I disputed a paid civil judgment online with EX and TU (it wasn't reporting on EQ). The judgment was due to be removed late next year. TU came back a few days ago with a deletion, but I wasn’t holding out much hope for EX. I get an email from them last night and they, too, have deleted!! This is wonderful. The only other negative on my three CRs now is a paid federal tax lien from 2012. It’s really affecting my scores and I’ve asked the IRS to withdraw but it doesn’t look likely. Anyway, I’m happy about this victory.

I want to add that before I came to CB in November, I really didn't realize it was possible to fight the bureaus and CAs. I find that I quite enjoy it and I've gotten rid of medical collections and that judgement and now am hoping the IRS will be responsive regarding the lien. I have an unsecured credit card for the first time in about 10 years -- and it's got nice limit -- and a 2.49 percent auto loan, when my other car loan was at 17 percent! (Thanks DCU. I love you.)

It's all happened so fast. You guys should know how much your advice helps others. I don't go a day without reading this board. Thank you so very much.

Edited by seetheworld1

Awesome! Congrats!

My husband and I have several paid judgments sitting on our reports, that are supposed to fall off later this year. This gives me hope that I can get them off early.

Did you dispute them as obsolete?

Thanks! And I didn't dispute as obsolete. I did WhyChat's steps: http://whychat.5u.com/deletejudg.html

I did it online, though, and selected the reason corresponding with WhyChat's method. Good luck!

The last post in this topic was posted 2632 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Recovery77
      I was looking at my credit reports today, and I noticed something odd on my EQ report. My date of birth has the wrong month. I was born in October (10) and EQ has my birth month as January (01). It is clear what happened, whoever input my data simply transposed the digits, turning a 10 into a 01.

That being said, it might also not be that simple of an error. Perhaps there is a tradeline that has January (wrong month) in my DOB and EQ updated my information on that tradeline's reported DOB.

Either way, this seems like an opportunity. Correct me if I am wrong, but if tradelines are disputed based on a "not mine" approach, could a mismatch in DOB be significant?

• By AHGoodwin
      Just called to get paid copies mailed. The other two went fine, asked for payment and gave confirmation number. Trans Union just said it was "processed" and I'll get it in bla bla business days. I got free reports on 12/25, are they just sending me that? I tried to call to talk to a rep, but not open again till 8:30 monday.
    • By monti
      Hi all,

I have a traffic violation in TN (tags expired) from about 6 years ago. I just received a letter from a law office and the letter starts like this..... "A judgment for the above referenced amount has been taken against you for an unpaid citation. The judgment has been referred to this office for enforcement..... If we do not receive payment in full or an arrangement for payment, we are directed to follow the necessary and appropriate procedures to collect this judgment including garnishment or your wages and sale of your non exempt assets." Then the letter goes into your usual 30 day dispute the validity blah blah blah...

I'm not sure if they're using their own wording but there is no judgment for this ticket. I went downtown where they record judgments and there is nothing recorded. Can anyone give me insight on this?
    • By nikkih901
      A few weeks ago I started the initial dispute process for 3 medical collections that I discovered on my CBR from 2009 and 2013. Although I have not received an official response via mail from TU, I just logged in to my Credit Karma account and saw that one collection (reported by Central Financial Control) was updated on 12-26-14 as CLOSED. At this point, should I patiently wait for the mailed response to my dispute from TU or should I proceed with the next step and send the dispute letter to Central Financial Control now?

I know for a fact the account reported by CFC is invalid because a totally different CA is reporting the same account on both EQ and EX. Any advice will be appreciated!!
    • By Mister305
      Hello everyone. Happy Holidays. I received an invitation to apply for the Chase Slate card. Applied and received a decline. The decline is based on my TU, per the decline letter. I had no baddies, until Ocwen started reporting a mortgage that I lost in 2008, and stating that I was late in 2013, but now its current. I don't know if I should call chase and if i do, I don't know what to say. any advice?

One or more accounts are not paid as agreed
      Length of time since oldest credit card was opened is too short
      Length of time since newest account was opened is too short
      Too many accounts opened in the past 12 months.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Heyitsmeshanie

Important Information

Guidelines