Strange response from Experian after initial letter to CRA

The last post in this topic was posted 3675 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Have been following the WhyChat hipaa process for a couple of medical collections which showed up on my reports.

#1 - $216 which showed on Experian only

#2 - $40 which showed on Experian and Equifax

These are my ONLY medical collections.

In December, I opted out, deleted old addresses (Successfully) and drafted the initial letter to the CRA's regarding these 2 account. I copied the sample letter (verbatim, changing only my specifics) in handwritten cursive and sent them certified, no return receipt.

They were received on Jan 3, with near immediate deletion of the $216 collection from Experian, as well as the $40 deletion from Equifax.

This leaves only one account visible on one CRA (Only the $40 collection on Experian, which shows "Pending")

I'm obviously hoping that the $40 account deletes as well before the 30 days has expired...

Here's my question, I received the following response from experian the other day, not really sure what to make of it. (See below, I've redacted the personal info).

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t632/bmh75/ExperianResponsetoWhyChatletter1_Redacted_zpsae384173.jpg~original

th_ExperianResponsetoWhyChatletter1_Reda

On one hand, it states neither intent nor refusal to delete - and as of this morning the sole remaining $40 account still displays as pending. I'm taking it as "you asked for too much and this is us saying we aren't interested in supplying the info you requested". That being said, both the remaining account and the one experian deleted were included on the same initial letter.

Anything to be concerned about or address in any way before the initial 30 day period has elapsed? If not, I'm going to wait it out and proceed with step 2 of the WhyChat method.

Thanks for the input! (and thanks for the help, WhyChat the single deletion which has already occurred has had a major impact on my credit score!!! :yes2: )

Edited by b75

Have been following the WhyChat hipaa process for a couple of medical collections which showed up on my reports.

#1 - $216 which showed on Experian only

#2 - $40 which showed on Experian and Equifax

These are my ONLY medical collections.

In December, I opted out, deleted old addresses (Successfully) and drafted the initial letter to the CRA's regarding these 2 account. I copied the sample letter (verbatim, changing only my specifics) in handwritten cursive and sent them certified, no return receipt.

They were received on Jan 3, with near immediate deletion of the $216 collection from Experian, as well as the $40 deletion from Equifax.

This leaves only one account visible on one CRA (Only the $40 collection on Experian, which shows "Pending")

I'm obviously hoping that the $40 account deletes as well before the 30 days has expired...

Here's my question, I received the following response from experian the other day, not really sure what to make of it. (See below, I've redacted the personal info).

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t632/bmh75/ExperianResponsetoWhyChatletter1_Redacted_zpsae384173.jpg~original

th_ExperianResponsetoWhyChatletter1_Reda

On one hand, it states neither intent nor refusal to delete - and as of this morning the sole remaining $40 account still displays as pending. I'm taking it as "you asked for too much and this is us saying we aren't interested in supplying the info you requested". That being said, both the remaining account and the one experian deleted were included on the same initial letter.

Anything to be concerned about or address in any way before the initial 30 day period has elapsed? If not, I'm going to wait it out and proceed with step 2 of the WhyChat method.

Thanks for the input! (and thanks for the help, WhyChat the single deletion which has already occurred has had a major impact on my credit score!!! :yes2: )

That was a standard automated letter so that they show they complied with the requirements to respond within 30 days.

Step 2 the medical DV to the reporting CA and the follow up dispute to the CRA should get good results.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED : Late last night received an email from Experian stating that they had updated my dispute - logged in to see that the second "pending" collection was DELETED!!!

That's all 3 collections from 2 CRAs deleted - THANKS WHYCHAT!!!!

Edited by b75

The last post in this topic was posted 3675 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.