Law firm hard pull

The last post in this topic was posted 2586 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have 2 hard pulls on my credit report from goodman and poezat. The first one is from 2012 and the other one is from nov 2013. They are not on my credit report as a collection and I have no idea what they are attempting to collect. I just added a couple of secured cards this month and I'm sure they are going to notice soon and I don't know if this is going to affect anything. What should I do about this?

It says collection attorney on my monitoring site. Idk exactly what it says on report as I'm not home right now. I'll look when I get home. They have been pulling for about three years. One just fell off.

Check the county court records online to see if litigation is pending or a judgment has been rendered

Just looked at my report and it says reason for the pull is unspecified. I've never been served and there is no judgment on my report. The first time they have pulled is march 20, 2012. They could have pulled before that but that's the earliest report I have which is from 02/2013 when I started my credit repair journey. It just seems if they were going to serve me they would have already over the last 2 years. I do get phone calls from their number but I don't answer.

Edited by draymond1975

Be sure you actually want to do this and what could come of it if you do. I would do what Sandscrit mentioned before you open the can of worms by contacting them. It's better to know what your getting yourself into before you jump in. Look for judgements in any county's you have lived in over the past 7 years. The judgements only show up on your credit report if they report them. Just because none are reporting doesn't mean they aren't out there. Also if there is one, and you contact them, they may end up reporting it, BUT contacting them and paying it with an agreement to not report it is the other side of the coin.

Edited by funkiehouse

Personally, I would dispute the inqs with the CRA as no PP since they haven't posted anything on your reports and that you have never done business with them and didn't request their services. You could argue that a soft pull would have provided the info they needed for whatever purpose they claimed. I would not tolerate multiple pulls with no other action on my reports. They may not delete them and usually deleting inqs is not recommended, except in cases like this or it was truly a mistake. You can also claim that you think they are pulling the wrong credit file.

I wouldn't contact them.

You checked court records for all the cities you lived in the past several years, including other counties? A lot of the Michigan district courts dont have online records search yet for judgements, If I were you I would want to be absolutely sure there is nothing outstanding.

The last post in this topic was posted 2586 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.