Convergent Outsourcing - What to do?

The last post in this topic was posted 2591 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the boards and was hoping I could get some help. I've been researching what steps to take but I wanted to make sure I was on point.

Today I received this letter from Convergent Outsourcing:

Dear XXX,

​This notice is being sent to you by a collection agency The records of Paypal Inc. show that your account has a past due balance of XXX.

Our client has advised us that they are willing to accept a payment for 35% of the balance due. If you accept this offer, our client will cease further collection efforts on this account but will not consider the account paid in full or reinstate your account. Your account may be reinstated only if you pay the entire amount of the outstanding debt and if the restriction on your account was solely the result of non payment of the amount due. The payment must be received within 60 days of the date on this letter.

If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer please call our office or mail us your payment. Even if you are able to take advantage of this offer please contact our office to see what terms can be worked out on your account. We are not required to make this offer to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.

The only thing I can think this might be in reference to was a mess I had with an Ebay transaction (someone tried to scam me and paid with funny-money) but that was probably 10+ years ago and I never received any collection attempts from Paypal so I figured the matter was closed. Aside from that (and that's just a guess) I've had no other problems with Paypal or Ebay, still use them, and have accounts in good standing.

So my question is, should I start with a DV letter since I'm not sure what this might be referencing? Also, if they validate the debt after that, what should my next move be? Any possible debt would have to be really old since I haven't missed a payment on anything in over 10 years and the SOL in my state (PA) is 4 years from what I understand.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I want to make sure I'm approaching this correctly.

Thanks!

The last post in this topic was posted 2591 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.