The last post in this topic was posted 2645 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

OMG. I had a paid civil judgment that I was trying to get rid of. I disputed it on TU and EX (EQ wasn't reporting it), and had no response from GW attempts with the OC. I tried WhyChat's method. Bingo! TU wrote today to say it was *deleted.* Wow! I'm still waiting to hear back from EX (I'm not holding out much hope for that one, though). Now I have to work on a paid fed tax lien. I've asked the IRS to withdraw it but it seems unlikely. We'll see. Thanks so much for your help, CB!! :yahoo:

Oh, and I also had a medical collection on there that was due to be removed from the report in two months so I disputed that as obsolete. That was removed too!!! Yay.

Edited by seetheworld1

The last post in this topic was posted 2645 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AHGoodwin
      Just called to get paid copies mailed. The other two went fine, asked for payment and gave confirmation number. Trans Union just said it was "processed" and I'll get it in bla bla business days. I got free reports on 12/25, are they just sending me that? I tried to call to talk to a rep, but not open again till 8:30 monday.
    • By monti
      Hi all,

I have a traffic violation in TN (tags expired) from about 6 years ago. I just received a letter from a law office and the letter starts like this..... "A judgment for the above referenced amount has been taken against you for an unpaid citation. The judgment has been referred to this office for enforcement..... If we do not receive payment in full or an arrangement for payment, we are directed to follow the necessary and appropriate procedures to collect this judgment including garnishment or your wages and sale of your non exempt assets." Then the letter goes into your usual 30 day dispute the validity blah blah blah...

I'm not sure if they're using their own wording but there is no judgment for this ticket. I went downtown where they record judgments and there is nothing recorded. Can anyone give me insight on this?
    • By Menta33
      I was able to locate an archived version of the Metro 2® Credit Reporting Resource Guide from 2003 by the Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA) on the wayback machine that I thought I'd share for others. This explains to creditors how they should be reporting credit information to Equifax, Experian, TransUnion, and Innovis.
      https://web.archive.org/web/20050520070130/http://www.cdiaonline.org/pdf/Metro_2_Format_2003.pdf Background from http://www.cdiaonline.org/Metro2/content.cfm?ItemNumber=854

This can be helpful in disputing errors on your credit report. Enjoy reading!
    • By CameraSnaps
      After my app spree, I applied security freezes to my files on all 3 CRAs for the personal reason that I need to stop myself with this crazy app spree lol

As a newbie, I just wanted to know if having security freeze on my credit report will affect future auto- CLI from my credit card companies?
    • By alliswell
      I'm a newbie who seems to have slipped through the cracks. I had 2 credit cards with HSBC Nevada that were closed a number of years ago and reported accurately. I recently checked my credit reports (1st time in years) to find charge offs on two from HSBC and and additional 2 collection companies on all three reports. On the report that didn't have OC as HSBC, showed Cap 1.

I disputed all online before reading the boards to find out it was not the best decision. Also called Cap 1 because I have a CC with them and was confused. Cap 1 informed me that they now hold the other company's cards and could only find my current card. They told me to dispute. I then received a letter from them for each card stating:

"We have received your CB dispute regarding card services account. We have completed our investigation and the above-referenced account has been purged from our system. In addition, we have instructed all relevant major consumer reporting agencies to delete ANY reference of this account from your credit reports. Please allow up to 60 days for the info to be reflected on your reports. We apologize for any inconvenience."

My problem is that before I called them, 2 CRA's completed the investigation in 3 days and verified the collection accounts (Midland and Calvary). EXP noted the dispute as meeting requirements but never even acknowledged Calvary either way. I think they forgot to investigate it.

Also, one CA lists HSBC as the OC and the other doesn't list an OC at all. I don't know what I should do next. Any answers?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TheNovelist7905

Important Information

Guidelines