Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

GECRB! - Ebates® Cash Back Visa® Credit Card - 3% Cash Back on Ebates Purchases

Is anyone who has this card having positive experiences getting the cash-back credit that you're due, or is this just #$ Discover cash-back ineptitude revisited?

It took an email and phone call to get my rewards, I haven't used it since. I'm waiting for the billing cycle to close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is anyone who has this card having positive experiences getting the cash-back credit that you're due, or is this just #$ Discover cash-back ineptitude revisited?

It took an email and phone call to get my rewards, I haven't used it since. I'm waiting for the billing cycle to close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You've described the Discover model:

Step 1) Have a sloppy, ineffective system for ensuring that consumers get the credit that they earn;

Step 2) Be contrite and swift in providing retroactive credit for the few educated consumers who actually make sure they receive what they were promised, and who ALSO have/take the time to catch you when you fail;

Step 3) Don't worry about fixing the underlying problem, because that will cost more than losing a few customers in Step 2.

My cash back is posting just fine. I haven't had any problems.

No problems here either. I just can't get them to move off the crappy $1500 CL (I have two other GE cards at $25k...) - oh well. Use for ebates, PIF immediately so reports $0, rinse, repeat.

I app'd and got approved about 2 weeks ago. It gave me a temp $750 limit but it is actually posting $4.5k. Card arrived as a Visa Signature. Can't believe im saying this but I don't think I will bother Credit Solutions for the time being.

I app'd and got approved about 2 weeks ago. It gave me a temp $750 limit but it is actually posting $4.5k. Card arrived as a Visa Signature. Can't believe im saying this but I don't think I will bother Credit Solutions for the time being.

Heresy.

OK, thanks.

I'm weakening again. MUST. NOT. APP.

:lol:

not worth it.

Easy for you to say, you're not an ebates wh*re.

OK, thanks.

I'm weakening again. MUST. NOT. APP.

:lol:

not worth it.

Easy for you to say, you're not an ebates wh*re.

I just got back $15 on a coat.

Well, after GE let me back in, and reading this thread, I could not resist the temptation and applied yesterday. Got the 7-10 days. Did my USAA daily pull this morning, and there were no pull on TU, nor EQ.This means they tried to pull EX which is on ice.

GE pulled TU on me yesterday I live in MA

I also live in Mass. and applied for walmart and amazon and they were both TU pulls. So I don't get it why they would pull Experian. Of course I wouldn't know for sure until I get the letter.

As I previously thought, ebates tried to pull Experian. Got an electronic letter stating: "The request was judgmentally reviewed and denied for the following reason(s): CREDIT BUREAU REPORT IS NOT ACCESSIBLE".

Well, after GE let me back in, and reading this thread, I could not resist the temptation and applied yesterday. Got the 7-10 days. Did my USAA daily pull this morning, and there were no pull on TU, nor EQ.This means they tried to pull EX which is on ice.

GE pulled TU on me yesterday I live in MA

I also live in Mass. and applied for walmart and amazon and they were both TU pulls. So I don't get it why they would pull Experian. Of course I wouldn't know for sure until I get the letter.

As I previously thought, ebates tried to pull Experian. Got an electronic letter stating: "The request was judgmentally reviewed and denied for the following reason(s): CREDIT BUREAU REPORT IS NOT ACCESSIBLE".

Judgmentally? There's an honest response.

Spent $5k on this card over the weekend and I still having to contact Ebates to have them add the extra 3% for using the Ebates Visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent $5k on this card over the weekend and I still having to contact Ebates to have them add the extra 3% for using the Ebates Visa.

That's surprising. When I make a purchase through ebates lately the cash back credit posts in a couple of hours, rather than days as it did before. They're also now pretty swift with clawing back the cash back on a return.

I still don't have this CC though. That sucks.

Edited by cv91915

I also had to contact them for only crediting $64 of a $105 order at 3%. Order placed on 5/14/14. I went through the same crap with shop Discover.

That's surprising. When I make a purchase through ebates lately the cash back credit posts in a couple of hours, rather than days as it did before. They're also now pretty swift with clawing back the cash back on a return.

It's the credit card rewards that don't post timely. It Ebates rewards process almost immediately.

It's the credit card rewards that don't post timely. It Ebates rewards process almost immediately.

Yep, I caught what you meant and I was feeling your pain.

Geez, ebates is a pretty good deal in a ton of ways.

For instance, with this card an IHG hotel booking would net 7.5% cash back. Not to mention the points you'd be earning. Unless I'm reading the T&C's wrong.

Card approved, annoyed at having an $800 limit.

Geez, ebates is a pretty good deal in a ton of ways.

For instance, with this card an IHG hotel booking would net 7.5% cash back. Not to mention the points you'd be earning. Unless I'm reading the T&C's wrong.

Card approved, annoyed at having an $800 limit.

When I applied it said "Approved! for $750" but it was a temporary limit. It reported within 2 days $4500 limit so I'm sure yours will be higher than $800. Back in March I said I was fine, but caved and called Credit Solutions in April. Asked for $25k, got $10k.

Oh god, I want this card now. Except: I JUST got back in with Barclays after a CO and I swore I wouldn't app for anything else until my TU was clean at the end of the year.

Someone talk me down from the ledge.

Oh god, I want this card now. Except: I JUST got back in with Barclays after a CO and I swore I wouldn't app for anything else until my TU was clean at the end of the year.

I ended up apping for it yesterday. Approved temporarily for $1k, $2.5k showing on my EX report this morning.

I ended up apping for it yesterday. Approved temporarily for $1k, $2.5k showing on my EX report this morning.

I'm going to force myself to wait until fall and add it to my app spree when my TU is clean.

I'm going to force myself to wait until fall and add it to my app spree when my TU is clean.

I have two "situational" 3% cards on my list... This and the JCB Marukai Premium, my white whale.

Good move to perhaps optimize app outcome, they <3 clean TU.

I have two "situational" 3% cards on my list... This and the JCB Marukai Premium, my white whale.

Don't you have to keep a second home in Maui or something to qualify for it...JCB...so elusive! :angel:

Edited by virtualtreasure