Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

GECRB! - Ebates® Cash Back Visa® Credit Card - 3% Cash Back on Ebates Purchases

Has anyone had more than one of ANY GECRB credit card? I see some MS opportunity with this card and I'm wondering if I can get two of them.

I have a closed GECRB Ashley furniture store card that still reports and I also have a current active AF card that reports. So that's kind of like 2 of the same isn't it? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This setup would be awesome if I needed to flip some sofas for quick cash.

Only problem is that Ashley furniture tends to fall apart when you even look at it funny, so you may not have much left to flip once it leaves the store, unless you have prospects for kindling for fireplaces and fabric scraps for quilting bees.

By any chance do you live near Amish country?

Has anyone had more than one of ANY GECRB credit card? I see some MS opportunity with this card and I'm wondering if I can get two of them.

I have a closed GECRB Ashley furniture store card that still reports and I also have a current active AF card that reports. So that's kind of like 2 of the same isn't it? Lol

Only problem is that Ashley furniture tends to fall apart when you even look at it funny, so you may not have much left to flip once it leaves the store, unless you have prospects for kindling for fireplaces and fabric scraps for quilting bees.

Funny you should ask-I do live about 2 hours from Amishland. I also have purchased my last 2 sofas from Ashley since our pets like to destroy our furniture. I love the dog to death but I can't wait to have a couch made out of something other than balsa wood and nylon and that is worth more than pocket lint.

Edited by rjb75

Funny you should ask-I do live about 2 hours from Amishland. I also have purchased my last 2 sofas from Ashley since our pets like to destroy our furniture. I love the dog to death but I can't wait to have a couch made out of something other than balsa wood and nylon and that is worth more than pocket lint.

:lol:

Perfect on all levels!!

Found out this morning via secure site that you can't have more than one of these. Boooooooo.

What is the allure of having two of these? Is there a cap on the 3%?

No cap, more chances for cash back MS with another one. Was trying to be greedy but I'll work with what I have for now and ask for another CLI at the 4 month mark.

Edited by rjb75

No cap, more chances for cash back MS with another one. Was trying to be greedy but I'll work with what I have for now and ask for another CLI at the 4 month mark.

Oh, so it's more of a CL issue?

Right now yes. I was initially approved for $4000. I called the backdoor, asked for $7500 and was approved. I was a little gun shy since this would have been my highest limit at the time. My new high CL is $13k so I could ask for a match to that but I want to have a couple of statements under my belt before I ask for more. I thought getting a second card would be a quicker way around the CL limitation.

Right now yes. I was initially approved for $4000. I called the backdoor, asked for $7500 and was approved. I was a little gun shy since this would have been my highest limit at the time. My new high CL is $13k so I could ask for a match to that but I want to have a couple of statements under my belt before I ask for more. I thought getting a second card would be a quicker way around the CL limitation.

Gotcha.

Bit the bullet and applied. Funny think, I applied and was approved for $4k also. Backdoored it, and asked for $15k was approved!

Bit the bullet and applied. Funny think, I applied and was approved for $4k also. Backdoored it, and asked for $15k was approved!

Nice! Everyone's getting this card but me. :P

And me...

And me...

Yeah, well, I actually WANT one. :D

And me...

Do it! It's a TU pull plus the shopping Cashback sites on Ebates are pretty good!

And me...

Do it! It's a TU pull plus the shopping Cashback sites on Ebates are pretty good!

I'm at five new cards in less than a month.

My name isn't Ron. :P

And me...

I'm up 4 for the year. Barclay Arrival might make 5 :-)

And me...

:stop: You NEED to app for the Arrival first, so you can earn some rewards with value. :grin:

And me...

:stop: You NEED to app for the Arrival first, so you can earn some rewards with value. :grin:

I have never typed the word "turd" as many times in one week as this week. People gotta stop bringing up that card!

And me...

I have never typed the word "turd" as many times in one week as this week. People gotta stop bringing up that card!

Come on, it's better than whatever that Comenity card is that you have. :D

And me...

My Express store card has a higher limit than my Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa.

And me...

My Express store card has a higher limit than my Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa.

And exactly how many rewards have you earned with said Comenity? :grin:

I saved something like $6 on a shirt once, in the second year I had the Express card.

If I had put that same shirt on the Arrival, and that was also my only purchase on the Arrival in year two of having the card, I'd be $83 in rewards behind with that awful Arrival card.

Now I've shown that the Arrival is suckier than a Comenity store card.

Edited by cv91915

I saved something like $6 on a shirt once, in the second year I had the Express card.

If I had put that same shirt on the Arrival, and that was also my only purchase on the Arrival in year two of having the card, I'd be $83 in rewards behind with that awful Arrival card.

:rofl: Keep trying, that was LAME. :wave:

:rofl: Keep trying, that was LAME. :wave:

I look really good in the shirt.