Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

GECRB! - Ebates® Cash Back Visa® Credit Card - 3% Cash Back on Ebates Purchases

3% cash back for online shopping on top of the cash back you'd get just for making the purchase.

Plus, it's a GECRB card, so presumably the approvals shouldn't be ridiculously stringent and the CLIs via the backdoor number should be generous.

Of course, I'd skip the 1% back on other spending. Blech.

Terms at the bottom of the page here: http://www.ebates.com/credit-card.htm

ScreenShot2014-01-21at71021AM_zpsc1dcec6

3% cash back for online shopping on top of the cash back you'd get just for making the purchase.

Plus, it's a GECRB card, so presumably the approvals shouldn't be ridiculously stringent and the CLIs via the backdoor number should be generous.

"Earn xx% on qualifying purchases."

That weasel word always makes me nervous.

There isn't much weaseling. Mainly gift card purchases don't qualify, but that isn't exactly uncommon or unexpected.

Nice thing about ebates compared to other shopping portals is that you can almost always use coupon codes not found on their site and NOT invalidate the cash back.

There isn't much weaseling. Mainly gift card purchases don't qualify, but that isn't exactly uncommon or unexpected.

Nice thing about ebates compared to other shopping portals is that you can almost always use coupon codes not found on their site and NOT invalidate the cash back.

And I've been disappointed by many, including mypoints, TopCashBack and those REAL weasels at Shop Discover.

Edited by cv91915

I did not know about this one having a Visa Signature version until someone on the board mentioned it to me a few weeks ago. I am still waiting for my card in the mail to verify which one I received. I will be calling the backdoor number for the CLI just like all of the other GECRB cards.

I have always received my bonus cash back from this site. I have been ripped off from other sites that some mentioned in this thread. I even started having trouble with FatWallet but it was my updated browser settings.

I was just approved, temporary limit of $1,000.

I have a good number of other GE accounts, how harsh would they be if I call and ask for higher CL? I am usually wimpy when it comes to asking for more upon approval :( Also have the worst luck when I *do* try.

Edited by newearth

I have a good number of other GE accounts, how harsh would they be if I call and ask for higher CL? I am usually wimpy when it comes to asking for more upon approval :( Also have the worst luck when I *do* try.

Definitely call and ask for more - pronto! Don't call the CSR number, call the backdoor number and talk to an analyst. There is a lengthy thread discussing GECRB and their backdoor number. If you have any trouble locating it, say so and I'll try to dig it up for you.

You won't be sorry.

Nah, I won't waste the pull, GECRB is famous for nerfing their rewards programs.

So far they haven't touched the 0.25% cash back on my W****t D****r.

I applied several months ago. Received 7-10 day. Phoned the GE magic number and told declined, no recon possibility, and wouldn't tell me the reasons had to wait for the letter.

Never received any communication at all to this day.

Definitely call and ask for more - pronto! Don't call the CSR number, call the backdoor number and talk to an analyst. There is a lengthy thread discussing GECRB and their backdoor number. If you have any trouble locating it, say so and I'll try to dig it up for you.

You won't be sorry.

I did a search and there were tons of threads....which one is best? I found one that said 'for direct underwriter of most GE cards'....

You won't be sorry.

I did a search and there were tons of threads....which one is best? I found one that said 'for direct underwriter of most GE cards'....

I would start here http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=497534&page=1.

They denied my application in November because reached the internal exposure limit.

Ron.

told you...never works for me. they won't give me more than $1,000. At this point I vow to never bother again. Oh well, at least it was an instant approval.

That is what I got when I applied and it is the temporary limit until they review your account and set the credit limit. I called in the next day and they said it was only for shopping and told me my assigned limit. I still want to raise mine but the CSR's at the regular backdoor number could not pull mine up yet since it was still processing the real card number, they transferred me to the special team that handles the Ebates card. I think you can still get the CLI from the regular number once it updates in their system.

That is what I got when I applied and it is the temporary limit until they review your account and set the credit limit. I called in the next day and they said it was only for shopping and told me my assigned limit. I still want to raise mine but the CSR's at the regular backdoor number could not pull mine up yet since it was still processing the real card number, they transferred me to the special team that handles the Ebates card. I think you can still get the CLI from the regular number once it updates in their system.

This guy said that was it, my card will come with $1000 CL. :/

Who do they pull?

Who do they pull?

GE is typically TU, no?

TU approximately 98.3069477383% of the time.

I applied.

Received this message:

Thank you for applying online for an Ebates Cash Back Visa Credit Card. You will receive a decision on your application by mail in the next 7 - 10 days. Please write down or print this reference number:

Application Key Code: *********

cv91915 did you apply? I would, but minimum spend is killing me at the moment and GE would probably nerf the rewards by the time I'm ready.