Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

PNC Bank

The last post in this topic was posted 2549 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello all, has anyone recently signed up for checking with PNC (say last 6 mos to a year or so)? Just curious if they pulled Chex, EWS, and/or credit for new checking accounts or if there was any account closings weeks in. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ron. How long ago was it? Did you have any negatives on your Chex report, and if so how old were they?

It was last year. No, I don't have any negative on Chexsystem. Do you have any negative on EWS and Telecredit? Which state are you in? You might want to try BBVA Compass.

Ron.

Thanks, I have 1 NSF from Chase from 6/2010 that was verified through Chex when disputing using mca's methods. No EWS or Telecheck. See lots of info about PNC from a year or two ago being ok with a Chex mark, but nothing recent. I suppose I can give them a call to see if I can get any info out of them :) Thanks!

Hello all, has anyone recently signed up for checking with PNC (say last 6 mos to a year or so)? Just curious if they pulled Chex, EWS, and/or credit for new checking accounts or if there was any account closings weeks in. Thanks in advance.

PNC generally uses EWS now and it is ran after the account is opened.

PNC generally uses EWS now and it is ran after the account is opened.

Thanks mca!

The last post in this topic was posted 2549 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By OnMyOwnMom
      Hi, everyone. I have gone through the master secured cards thread here, and I am thinking that one or two of the three would be my best options.

SDFCU (I am a member) Wells Fargo US Bank  
      What I have questions about are:

In the thread, it seems like it states that SDFCU is chex sensitive, but I am missing if that is for membership only or for secured app too...it looks like they don't check credit for secured card, but do they run you through chex again? I think I got into chex after I became a member with SDFCU. Am I safe applying for SDFCU Secured Card if I am in Chex but already a SDFCU member? Well Fargo - pulls Experian, but I couldn't see anywhere if it is Chex sensitive or not? And it MAY graduate someday? US Bank - same as Wells Fargo question about Chex? Pro - this one actually should graduate after 12 months....I am leaning in this direction if I can get in ***Capital One doesn't like me right now because of judgement I was never served for and am trying to get vacated, so they are not an option...I know we would all tend to suggest them ;-)

Thanks in advance for your advice. I am trying to clean up my chex report, I just got it in the mail and it will take awhile. I would like to get a secured card on my reports asap in the meanwhile.

• By Art_Vandelay
      Well after trying to freeze my EX report online I finally broke down and called them. Only took a couple of minutes but I just despise talking on the phone to "credit people". Maybe not "credit people" but it just amps my blood pressure up, LOL.

Anyway, after I got my EXP frozen I applied online for a Bank of America credit limit increase.
      Had it over a year in June of 2013 and they started me off at $10,000. I left the amount I wanted out an applied, but it came back stating I had to put an amount in the CLI box so I put $25K.

Came back with it increased to $18,000. I'll take that.

Then called into USAA (they have always been super nice btw) and asked for an increase on my AMEX CASH card that they issued me at $13,000. I also had a Visa with them that was at $3,000 that I never use, but they said they would have to pull 2 reports seeing that one was AMEX and one was Visa. So I opted for the AMEX increase. Came back doubled to $26,000. HAPPY, I'll take that too.

Then went to my PNC which is my main bank besides NAVY. Started at $10,800 and they raised me to $25,000. I'm happy with that also.

Decided to try CHASE which was about 20 months old. Started at $12,000 and asked for $25,000. Had to call in for that one and the lady said that a underwriter had to look at it and I would be getting a letter in 7-10 days. BUMMER...............My CLI high was shot down

So I said WTH and applied online for a CLI on my USAA Visa at $3,000 and it came back approved for $9,000

So I can go to bed HAPPY and content that I'm still in Garden mode with CLI's of $41,200.

• By Dan1004
      Hello. I saw a post a few weeks ago about BBVA Compass regarding EWS I was just curious if anyone has any info on this. I just opened up a checking and savings account and was curious if this account will be closed? Other banks told me no before the account was even opened so I was just curious how this may play out? any help, advice, or comments would be awesome...

Thanks
    • By cmv1994
      Hi all, im a newbie here but let me explain my story. About 2 1/2 years ago i got an overdraft of $500 dollars at my credit union that i was in (San Mateo Credit Union to be exact). Around the same time i lost my job and was unable to pay my bank back, after a certain time they sent me a letter saying that they reported me to the collections agency, and a few weeks later i got a letter from the collection agency asking to pay up but to my luck i was still un employed and had no job or money whatsoever. I recently got employed again and wanted somewhere i could deposit my money, so today i opened and account at BBVA compass bank. To my suprise it went fairly well, i was able to open a checking and savings account. But now im reading online that theres a possibility i could be shut down by somethimg called the EWS? If i was reported to a collection agency is there a possibility i was also reported to them? I deposited a fair amount of money, so im kind of worried something will go wrong, had anyone had similar problems? How can i know if i was reported to the ews?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CreditGuy804
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines