Sign in to follow this  
EternalDebtSlayer

9 old addresses and Experian won't remove ONE???

So I sent letters to EX and TU requesting to have old addresses removed. I provided my drivers license, SS card, a pay stub with my current address, and a utility bill with my current address.

TU removed everything, no questions asked. EX must have laughed at the letter as they did not removed anything. There are 9 OLD addresses and they won't remove a single one.

The thing is, most are duplicates like:

123 Street Name

Apt #123

City, State Zip

123 Street Name

City, State Zip

You can see, they are just missing an apartment number.

Their reason for not removing them is:

"We store address information as it is sent to us by your credit grantors or from information contained in public records. One or more sources of information reported the address you questioned and it is a part of your credit history" and blah blah blah... It goes on to tell me to "contact the source of the information", like I am supposed to know where the info came from.

so what's my next move? Do I have a chance at getting these removed?

Edited by bkleinkn

Its tougher to get them removed if they are tied to tradelines on your report. If you feel you have met a dead end by mail, try calling. There have been a few success stories on CB by people calling and getting a cooperative rep.

Its tougher to get them removed if they are tied to tradelines on your report. If you feel you have met a dead end by mail, try calling. There have been a few success stories on CB by people calling and getting a cooperative rep.

Most probably are in some way, shape, or form. However, one I think is just on there because I applied for a dell credit card, 3+ years ago, and used that address. I got denied and that address isn't tied to anything else on my CR.

Edited by bkleinkn

In my experience EX has always removed any address not tied to a tradeline. I have removed all of mine using there automated phone service, however any address tied to a tradeline forget it.

Just call. There's plenty of threads here about good success with calling and what to say.

I just called EX to remove old addresses. Got 5/6 removed no problem. The last one is the one attached to an old charge off. Once I get the confirmation e-mail that the others were removed, I will call back and tell them I updated my info with the OC and see is they will delete that way. I have read of other having success this way.

I just called EX to have addresses deleted. Got 10/14 addresses removed. 1 of the remaining 4 I overlooked on the report due to little nuances in it but I'll call back for that one.

I was very nice to the rep and she told me every TL that was reporting an address that she did not remove. Whether they were reporting it and are now considered closed/sold so they stopped, or if they are actively reporting it. Thought that was quite nice of her... :grin:

I just used their live chat support on the website. I'm not sure how I got to it because it just randomly popped-up on my screen asking if I needed help. I was able to access the chat room, on demand, later by going to my browser history.

I was able to get a couple removed, even one that was tied to a negative TL.

For one negative account he said "You have to contact Firelands (that's the name of creditor) and have them update their information."

I said "OK" and ended the chat.

10 minutes later I got back and tell the new chat person that the previous guy told me to contact Firelands to update my address. I told them that I JUST contact Firelands and they have my current information now. I then said, "However, Firelands said they stopped reporting the account in 2012 so they have no need to report the new address to Experian." The account really was last updated in 2012, so this part was not a lie. The part about me contacting Firelands was in fact a lie. Oh well, they removed the address!

The account really was last updated in 2012, so this part was not a lie. The part about me contacting Firelands was in fact a lie. Oh well, they removed the address!

:good:

If I have one address that is linked to 10 trade lines (2 are negative), is there even a slight chance I get it removed?

Are these all closed?

No. Some are my open student loans from Sallie Mae that are all in good standing. Some are my closed student loans that were in good standing when they were closed (They are now closed because Sallie Mae purchased them). The negatives are closed but still within SOL until October.

Edited by bkleinkn

I just called EX to remove old addresses. Got 5/6 removed no problem. The last one is the one attached to an old charge off. Once I get the confirmation e-mail that the others were removed, I will call back and tell them I updated my info with the OC and see is they will delete that way. I have read of other having success this way.

BINGO

I have gotten 7/9 removed!

I am currently sending emails to the other creditors with my updated information, trying to get them to report my current address instead of my old ones.

Hoping to get rid of all 9!

Thanks for the suggestions in the thread, they definitely helped!

If anyone is logged in to the dispute section of Experian and wants to talk to support via live chat, paste this in your URL bar:

https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/52055137/?&visitor=171340161635482&msessionkey=2839542556423156024&siteContainer=STANDALONE&cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=52055137&channel=web&d=1389911819669&LEAppKey=047b03d1a44846d08576eafe02643949&referrer=%28engage%29%20https%3A//www.experian.com/consumer/cac/ReportPersonalInformation.do&t=1

sometimes you have to refresh a few times before it works, but I have had it work every time.

I'm not sure who their live support is but they are EASY to work with.

For example:

Me: Can you remove name ID #xxxxx and #xxxxxx ?

Support: If they are accurate I can't remove them

Me: They are not accurate

Support: I have removed that item for you

Me: Both of them?

Support: Yes

Literally no questions asked lol! This is basically how easy it was when I was removing addresses yesterday too.

If you don't have luck via phone, definitely try the live chat!

Edit: The whole link doesn't show, but if you click it, it still works

Edited by bkleinkn

Used the link today... Started out with 14 addresses on my report and was down to 7 after phone call. Made a few other calls that has went no where. I had one phone rep start getting aggressive with me and acting like a cop and drilling me......so today I tried the chat. Was able to get a name removed right away and then said I have some address. I tried just 3 of them and was able to get one more removed so now i'm down to 6. I'm try the chat a few more times, then maybe some letters. I was able to clean up TU with one call and EQ with two calls, I wish EX was that easy...."that's what she said"

I called and had 5 removed, the call was great because I asked what name and addresses were associated with each tradeline. I found some name issues and immediately used it to contact Verizon landline and got a CO removed.

I called and had 5 removed, the call was great because I asked what name and addresses were associated with each tradeline. I found some name issues and immediately used it to contact Verizon landline and got a CO removed.

Sweet! I can't wait to get 4 of these 6 left. One is my current and the other is a card I'm a A/U on. Do you think they keep track of how often people use the online chat? Tempted to just start a chat and each time just try one address.

Sweet! I can't wait to get 4 of these 6 left. One is my current and the other is a card I'm a A/U on. Do you think they keep track of how often people use the online chat? Tempted to just start a chat and each time just try one address.

Update: Tried again using chat today....GOT ANOTHER ONE TIED TO A BAD TL REMOVED! BOOM! 3 left! Started the chat with some small talk and then ask if he could delete! No problem!. Going to try another one in a couple of days :)

How ya getting to the chat?

See post #16.... For me, I have a hard copy report so I login with that and view myreport and then past that link into the browser. Also, if you log-in sometimes the chat just pops up if you sit there for a while.