Nissan CO - need advice

The last post in this topic was posted 2643 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My auto loan from NMAC was up in early 2013. I was laid off in 2011, and did not work for 2 years but, including late pays and everything, I managed to continue to get the loan down to the last $1100. A month before the contract was scheduled to be up, I informed NMAC that I was trying to pay the balance off, but may not be able to before the contract end date. They told me that this would not be an issue, just continue to pay that balance off. If I had anyone to borrow the $$ from to just take care of it, I would have.

I made one payment the month the note was ending. Soon after that payment, I received a notice of acceleration demanding the balance. I almost immediately received a call from a CA regarding the balance (voicemail). Its been almost a year later, I have not responded to either, but I want to get this taken care of as well as receive the title (yes, they still have the title).

Is there ANY way that I could pay this balance off and get the CO removed? The CA is not reporting.

all I can say is my experience is NMAC is the worst when it comes to this stuff. I had an auto loan with them and sold the car and the payoff showed up more than 30 days late for when my payment was due. they continued to report that 30DL on my credit until the absolute 7 year mark. no GW, no dispute resolution, nothing. they refused to budge for the entire 7 years. it was actually the last derog I got removed just last year. I would never do business with them again in 1000 years.

Wow... and to think I wanted to make my next purchase (when I'm able) a Nissan SUV. Don't plan on financing through them, though...

Well I just want the title at this point. I'm not giving a dime to anyone but them, and then they can release the title. As far as the CO, I guess I'll ask them to remove it in my letter to them.

Nothing beats a failure but a try, eh? :dntknw:

The last post in this topic was posted 2643 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By peterwimm
      Hi there,

I am looking for help on what to do for a Bank of America credit card account that was charged off in December 2012. If I remember correctly, I actually paid this account off in full, but I don't remember for sure as I had a number of credit cards in bad states at that time, so one may have actually been charged off.

The status is "Closed. $1,992 written off." The comment says, "Purchased by another lender." I do not recall ever being contacted by a JDB for this account, but it may have been them that I eventually paid off in full. Though I would have thought that would have been much earlier than late 2012 or early 2013. The first month reported for this TL on my credit report is Septemeber 2009, and it is clean until January 2011. The following negative items appear from that date:

1/11 - 30
      7/11 - 30
      12/11 - 30
      3/12 - CLS
      4/12 - CLS
      5/12 - CLS
      6/12 - 30
      7/12 - 60
      8/12 - 90
      9/12 - 120
      10/12 - 150
      11/12 - CO
      12/12 - CO

I do not recall getting any notices in 2012 or thereafter. Anyway, I am guessing I need to send a validation letter. Let me know if that is incorrect. But, if it is correct, can someone point me in the right direction? I would be grateful for a sample letter. I will of course not use said letter, but it would be nice as a starting point to get my bearings and craft a letter to my specific situation. Also, how do I need to send that? Certified mail return service requested?

Any help in getting started with this negative TL is most appreciated. Really, I could use step by step instructions or a link to where to find them.

Thanks!
    • By Headwaters44
      Hi CB'ers. For a brief back story, my credit journey started 4 months ago when I joined this site and I've enjoyed about 40 point increases on average for all three FICO scores since then. I'm shopping for a house in the spring (fha loan) and I need some advice to maximize my credit scores and clean up CRs in preperation. My 3 ficos were inthe 590-605s when I joined here now they're in the 640-650 range. I removed approx 9 lates/derogs, paid off 3 cc's to reduce my util to about 45% of 12.5k (still plugging away and plan to be below 20% by home loan app time), paid off 13k car loan, and got a big 15k private student loan CO settled in full to avoid being served. I have a goal to be between 660-680 (due to my ongoing credit repair laboring) by mid october and I'm fairly confident I can get there.

What I have remaining is 2 small collections ($75 and $300) I'm in the processes of PFD'ing, have about 2-3 more lates I have evidence to dispute, and here's the kicker......3 more private loan COs all around +/- 2.25k/ea totalling 7k. Based on a settlement I already did with the same OC on the other CO, and letter correspondence with them over the last 6 months, I'm fairly confident I can settle on these last 3 loans for 55-70%. Any FHA borrowing homeowner knows getting an FHA loan with COs over $2k is going to be next to impossible. That said, I'm hoping to take out a personal loan to settle these COs and clean up my reports. I intend to pay off the installment loan over the next 3-4 years (it was a student loan I intended to pay anyway, so I don't mind and it's well within my budget)

I have poked around the boards and read some threads on personal loan lenders. Places like Lending Club and Prosper seem appealing, but I would also be open to debt consolidation or settlement lenders If need be. Would anyone recommend Prosper or LC for my situation?
    • By DCPenal
      For anyone still wondering if this card/program still exists, it does.
      Long story short, I hit the skids about two years ago, sort of the perfect storm in life, job change, more babies, and less income.
      Burned AMEX for about $14K. I have since paid back ~$12K.

Got the letter from AMEX today to regain card membership as long as I pay the remaining balance.
      I called to verify and all is well, the gentlemen asked what went bad after so many years of good.
      I explained, apologized, and he verified the offer and that the account is still in house.
      I will pay the remainder next month and get back in the boat with AMEX and pray for the magic "bad-to-positive" tradeline.

I just wish most credit companies operated this way, to me its win-win for all parties.
      Just wanted to share for those mystified by the Optima/Oasis program.
    • By JonCarrera
      ok Verizon... sent out letters as per BRBiZ advice... and now i have a BOfA charge off with small 98 dollar balance... (secured card)... dont ask me how lol..

any approach with BOfA i should route too ?? HELP ME CB!!!! 2 away !!!
    • By sroyale
      I apologize in advance but I need clarity. I feel like I read the same statements over and over, searched threads over and over and I want to make sure I have this right because this always confuses me. I've accomplished a lot since joining this site, but this is one thing I can't understand. Maybe I'm simply making this harder than what it really is.

I'm trying to figure out when my Capital One CO will fall off my credit report.

Date Opened: 03/2007

Charge off as of Jan 2008
      150 days past due as of Dec 2007
      120 days past due as of Nov 2007
      90 days past due as of Oct 2007
      60 days past due as of Sep 2007
      30 days past due as of Aug 2007

So, if the clock starts ticking 180 days after DofFD then it started Jan 2008, is this correct? Another thing that confuses me is do I add 7.5 years as stated in the FCRA or do I go by the Statute of Limitations for the state of GA (which is different)?

Thank for your help guys...try not to chew me out too bad

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tradebuiltupletters

Important Information

Guidelines