Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

United Nations Federal Credit Union Thread

Maybe they are getting more conservative? Shifter didnt you say they told your wife no one gets the Elite as a new customer?

I wanted to wait on the azure due to my recent credit spree but I went ahead and did it. The message I got was that the application was submitted. Nothing since last night from UNFCU. I asked for a 30k limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they ask you to provide two references?

2 references is just standard for every application at UNFCU.

I don't know why that's so surprising, interesting or otherwise unacceptable.

One thing to note: My account was opened in the last couple days of January. I haven't logged onto online banking since late last month and today when I logged in it told me my password expired and I had to change it. If our passwords expire once a month, that will be a PITA. I have a hard enough time as it is noting/remembering my passwords.

Edited by Burgerwars

One thing to note: My account was opened in the last couple days of January. I haven't logged onto online banking since late last month and today when I logged in it told me my password expired and I had to change it. If our passwords expire once a month, that will be a PITA. I have a hard enough time as it is noting/remembering my passwords.

I just had to change mine too after about a month ago creating it. I called in and the CSR stated this is not normal and perhaps it is due to the account being new and should not recur. Also, she stated support for mint.com is in progress but not working yet.

I got an email that elections to the UNFCU board of directors will be soon. I don't know the nominees. Their website says a member can run if they get 500 signatures from existing members. Maybe if 500 people join from Creditboards, I might have a chance.

Elect Burgerwars, and I'll push for all those $100,000 Visa credit lines that everybody here wants. ;)

Edited by Burgerwars

Finally, after sending in my pay stubs the other day. I got a counter offer of 20k which I gladly accepted. My initial request was 25k.

Finally, after sending in my pay stubs the other day. I got a counter offer of 20k which I gladly accepted. My initial request was 25k.

Could you give us a few more details if you don't mind? Other credit limits in that range? Your credit score? Any debt? Any recent account openings? Inquiries?

My highest CL is 30k. Total CL across cards is close to $145k with a total of 15k in debt. I have 7 new inquiries at the time of ap. mainly due to CLI requests. Two new recent CCs. Income is around $110k with two auto loans. No mortgage. Oldest CC is AMEX close to 15 years.

Forgot to add FICO 784

Edited by dclxvi85

Sent in membership application almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else have this kind of delay when they applied?

So I called today to ask about the status of my membership app and after a couple of minutes I was told that my application had been returned to me, but the rep couldn't see why. After searching for a few minutes she told me that she would have to call me back tomorrow after she talks to someone else? She said there was really no explanation noted. So now I wait...

My personal experience. I froze EX and they still opened a checking/savings/membership for me. Received visa debit card in the mail. I turned down LOC! Sent my $50.00 to savings to keep account open. Pretty easy process!

First credit union that didn't do a HP on me!

My personal experience. I froze EX and they still opened a checking/savings/membership for me. Received visa debit card in the mail. I turned down LOC! Sent my $50.00 to savings to keep account open. Pretty easy process!

Logix is another one that didnt do a HP on me. Got Savings/Checkings and CC with soft pulls.

Logix is another one that didnt do a HP on me. Got Savings/Checkings and CC with soft pulls.

Logix would not do that for me! They told me to un-freeze and denied membership.

Logix would not do that for me! They told me to un-freeze and denied membership.

Well I did it in a different way. Applied for Savings first, once the account is set up, applied for CC and then checking a few days later. All of them softs.

Well I did it in a different way. Applied for Savings first, once the account is set up, applied for CC and then checking a few days later. All of them softs.

+1

Membership app online 12/17 -- CC app on 12/21 by phone, approved on 12/23 and added vehicle refi to my Wish List while I spoke to the LO. All softs. YMMV.