Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

So let's talk about the Discover card blacklist...

You can see your CL * 0.9 on the alerts setup screen.

But... Discover... why? :D

They keep sending me 10.99% APR + 0% for 15 month offers. That's pretty nice of them, but I don't see the point. Is there a point?

Edited by pbarnes

I am going to call for CL recon but let me just say the limit I was assigned meets my definition of subprime above...

I am going to call for CL recon but let me just say the limit I was assigned meets my definition of subprime above...

I knew it, lol! I put the over/under at 2500 and some people were saying 15k. I knew no way 15k.

I got 15k out of the gate. It was my highest limit at the time.

I had very few other accounts, though.

Just a guess but I think if they see that you have lots of accounts and lots of available credit that you probably aren't going to redirect much of your household spending to their teal and orange turd.

No matter what Hege got, chances are my pants would become soiled if I had received whatever Hege was offered!!! :D

Just a guess but I think if they see that you have lots of accounts and lots of available credit that you probably aren't going to redirect much of your household spending to their teal and orange turd.

That was a once-in-a-blue-moon event for Discover. I'm wondering if the extra zero might have been a typo. :lol:

That was a once-in-a-blue-moon event for Discover. I'm wondering if the extra zero might have been a typo. :lol:

I know that I encountered a unicorn the same week. It was something else.

True to form for Discover, though, I now have other lines as high as $35,000, but when I just did a CLI request they pulled a hard and offered me +$500. And I actually used them all three months in 4Q13. Whatever.

no CLI at activation

discover claims I have a 845 EQ FICO yet did not get the best APR (middle tier)

11 minute wait to activate the card

card feels and looks like loyalty card for 7-11 (which is unfair to 7-11)

subprime all the way down

no CLI at activation

discover claims I have a 845 EQ FICO yet did not get the best APR (middle tier)

11 minute wait to activate the card

card feels and looks like loyalty card for 7-11 (which is unfair to 7-11)

subprime all the way down

Good lord.

So I wonder what they want for the lowest rate if that's not good enough.

the "analyst" I was transferred too seemed confused when I asked if I needed a 846 for the lowest APR.

APR really is not very important to me; just the lack of disclosure for less than best terms seems to violate the spirit of FACTA as it is a form of AA so to speak.

in discover's defense I can say that reps were all VERY nice, syrupy, and treated me like their newest bestest pal.

let me add too that this is my own fault. I knew what I was getting into with discover re: limits and chasing rewards. :wave:

Do you think that your total available credit had anything to do with your CL? They obviously don't care about matching other limits.

I don't feel quite so bad now for what my wife got .... at least I know it's SOP for them.

Wow, I have a higher Discover line than Hege? Must be opposite worlds day.

I assume you can tell when you're being fed a line, but are you sure you actually spoke with an analyst? They do have a second level "account manager" tier they often transfer you to when you express displeasure with the front line response. This level says they are an analyst, but they seem to have no more power than the front line except they can adjust APRs without requiring the little post card thing to be signed first.

Both times I've spoken with the third tier, they seemed to be the real deal and very willing to either give me what I wanted or offer a sound explanation for what they needed before they could.

Do you think that your total available credit had anything to do with your CL? They obviously don't care about matching other limits.

the "analyst" did not have access to my report or in fact anything about the application so she was unable to provide me specific guidance.

I assume you can tell when you're being fed a line, but are you sure you actually spoke with an analyst? They do have a second level "account manager" tier they often transfer you to when you express displeasure with the front line response. This level says they are an analyst, but they seem to have no more power than the front line except they can adjust APRs without requiring the little post card thing to be signed first.

Both times I've spoken with the third tier, they seemed to be the real deal and very willing to either give me what I wanted or offer a sound explanation for what they needed before they could.

my sense is I'll need to burn through some $$ the next few months and then call back and insist I talk to someone with authority to do something. I just wished the card did not look like crap. I'll probably only use it in dark restaurants.

just got the card in the mail. it sure comes in a fancy box. my wife's EQ FICO on that day with their model was 754. considerably lower than the 806 EQ FICO from DCU a week prior.

still evidently 754 gets you a 22.9% APR and 1k CL .... has anybody mentioned that Discover is conservative????

Edited by shifter

my sense is I'll need to burn through some $$ the next few months and then call back and insist I talk to someone with authority to do something. I just wished the card did not look like crap. I'll probably only use it in dark restaurants.

Well, I guess you need to break it in. Maybe at an out-of town restaurant you never plan to go back to? Or a dark movie theater?

After that you could limit it to pay-at-the-pump in Q3 and GCs from the privacy of home in Q4. :lol:

just got the card in the mail. it sure comes in a fancy box. my wife's EQ FICO on that day with their model was 754. considerably lower than the 806 EQ FICO from DCU a week prior.still evidently 754 gets you a 22.9% APR and 1k CL .... has anybody mentioned that Discover is conservative????

Wow, that is crazy. I got Discover in October 2013. My FICO was 728 and they gave me a starting line of $3000. A tad less than three months and a nervous phone call to UW later, I'm up to $11,500. http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=519122&p=4956498 At six months, I'm gonna try for $15k or $18k.

wow...

I just got my card last night in it's nifty box. Reading what my score was reported as: EQ 656.

$1500 CL

22.9%

.......?