Recieved letter from Credit Agency regarding PFD I sent

draymond1975

The last post in this topic was posted 2257 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

They state "request" because they can't do the deletion themselves; that's up to experian/equifax/transunion to do. They're covering their tush a bit, yes, but only against the CRAs inaction, not yours. Once you pay, wait a couple days and then submit a dispute to each of the CRAs. If your CA doesn't submit anything it's one thing, but there's no wiggle room for them if they renew a disputed account. There's also a time limit on that (30 days) so you're covered even for a non-response.

You offered payment in full!!!??

Paying your debts is not something to be shocked at nor ashamed of.

how do you know he or she owes the debt?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They state "request" because they can't do the deletion themselves; that's up to experian/equifax/transunion to do. They're covering their tush a bit, yes, but only against the CRAs inaction, not yours. Once you pay, wait a couple days and then submit a dispute to each of the CRAs. If your CA doesn't submit anything it's one thing, but there's no wiggle room for them if they renew a disputed account. There's also a time limit on that (30 days) so you're covered even for a non-response.

You offered payment in full!!!??

how do you know he or she owes the debt?

I contacted the apartment complex to try and bypass the creditor and they told me I would have to pay IQ Data and said they sent it to collections and gave me their number and name which matches what is on my credit report. I tried to DV IQ Data twice and had no response until I offered the PFD. I also disputed with CRA's and it was verified.

Edited by draymond1975

I was wrong. I didn't dispute. I just checked my records and I thought for sure I disputed this. Should I dispute this? How should I approach this? Any suggestions? I never received a dunning letter from them and they have failed to respond to two of my DV letters.

Edited by draymond1975

I'm assuming the only reason this salamander(claims to be the compliance manager) who is contacting me wants payment secured over the phone is so they can get their commission. Screw that, if I have something in writing stating that payment must be received(doesn't say over the phone) by Jan 30 then they should follow their agreement no matter how the funds are received.

Yes it is, if you understand what money is...

If you have the money and can afford to pay your debt then of course you should; if they delete it from your credit report. Many would say that is even unethical as you should just pay your debts, but there is no way in heck I'm having a debt jump to current just because I paid it.

1) Goodluck draymond. How did you pay this item? Over the phone or via snail mail? I hope it was via CMRRR.

2) Please don't make any topic on CB about morals and/or standards and whether you should pay a debt or even feel bad about any debt a person may have. This is about finding out whether you owe what an entity says they owe. They must be the ones to provide proof of said debt. It is up to the person at that point to decide what actions to take. If someone wants to fight to get it removed or wait until it falls off naturally, the debtor risks many other courses of action against them, as well as having this blemish on their credit reports. The person is already "paying" for the debt at that point, having increased interest rates and being denied lines of credit. That is huge.

3) When dealing with CA's, it is strongly recommended on these forums to NOT deal with them over the phone. And that is for ANY reason. If you had success at getting something expedited, you have to remember that just because you were successful at your dealings DOES NOT mean that everyone else will be. It has been proven time and time again, here on CB, that letters sent via CMRRR is the best way. Not only does it give you tangible evidence for your records, but it is much easier to get actions done in your favor when an issue with the CA needs to be dealt with in a more legal matter.

OP, I wish you luck and let us know how it goes.

Edited by Gudziel

2) Please don't make any topic on CB about morals and/or standards and whether you should pay a debt or even feel bad about any debt a person may have. This is about finding out whether you owe what an entity says they owe. They must be the ones to provide proof of said debt. It is up to the person at that point to decide what actions to take. If someone wants to fight to get it removed or wait until it falls off naturally, the debtor risks many other courses of action against them, as well as having this blemish on their credit reports. The person is already "paying" for the debt at that point, having increased interest rates and being denied lines of credit. That is huge.

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just noticed on usaa that they updated my account as paid and didn't delete. I expected that from these people. I just made a complaint with the BBB and I'm sure that will not resolve the issue. I'm wondering if my next step should be a breech of contract letter or just file in small claims court. Any suggestions?

Well I just noticed on usaa that they updated my account as paid and didn't delete. I expected that from these people. I just made a complaint with the BBB and I'm sure that will not resolve the issue. I'm wondering if my next step should be a breech of contract letter or just file in small claims court. Any suggestions?

This is why I gave you the advice that I did. CAs are not to be trusted. Do you have their original agreement in writing?

Yes I have the original letter. Everything I've had deleted so far stated they are requesting negative info to be deleted. Isn't a paid collection account negative? They also stated they accept my offer and I have a copy of my offer too.

Technically, they did that. They lived up to their end of the bargain. That's why I suggested amending it to "any information."

To do this, you have to think like a lawyer.

The last post in this topic was posted 2257 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.