Sign in to follow this  
shifter

Jan Amex Spree

so after the FR was completed on my wife's Amex account and everything was a go, I decided to push our luck and apply for 2 more for *D. I unfroze her EX so we wouldn't have to call with the PIN.

first, went for the Gold Card. got the 7-10 day message, but then got an email 30 seconds later that it was approved. so far so good. so I went for the BCP. got the same 7-10 day message, so waited for an email. an hour went by and no email, so I figured she'd have to call because of 2 apps in the same day. but I logged in to the app status page and what do you know? approved as well!

so 2 new *D Amexes on their way!

anybody else go for their yearly Amex spree?

she called up and the BCP line is 15k. :good: they only gave her 11k on the Delta Reserve a couple of weeks ago. so I actually think the FR ended up being a good thing.

My Amex Blue Cash is still pending but EX is froze. I'm waiting to see if a 100k MR points platinum offer opens up. Then I will unfreeze and see if I can do a 2 card for 1 Hard Pull special. lol

My Amex Blue Cash is still pending but EX is froze. I'm waiting to see if a 100k MR points platinum offer opens up. Then I will unfreeze and see if I can do a 2 card for 1 Hard Pull special. lol

I don't think you can get the 2 for 1 like that. I tried that last time but because you have to call to give them the PIN to process the app, they pull for each card. this time I unfroze EX before the apps and made them both online. since they were both approved without any phone intervention, I'm anxious to see tomorrow whether it incurred 1 pull or 2.

just checked the EX backdoor and they only pulled one hard for both apps! very sweet. just have to make sure you UNFREEZE before the app and apply for both online.

just checked the EX backdoor and they only pulled one hard for both apps! very sweet. just have to make sure you UNFREEZE before the app and apply for both online.

Congrats!

I got the 2 for 1 special in October with Experian frozen. I apped for both online, then called in with my PIN and they processed both apps during the same phone call. She entered my PIN twice, once for each app.

Looks like both approaches worked.

Congrats!

I got the 2 for 1 special in October with Experian frozen. I apped for both online, then called in with my PIN and they processed both apps during the same phone call. She entered my PIN twice, once for each app.

from what I was told, they stopped doing that. now if you call in with the PIN they won't process the second one until a few days later and then you have to call in with the PIN again and they pull a second time.

Congrats!

from what I was told, they stopped doing that. now if you call in with the PIN they won't process the second one until a few days later and then you have to call in with the PIN again and they pull a second time.

That's an odd policy.

I unfroze EX this evening. I called Amex earlier and asked about my recent card application and was told I needed to unfreeze and then call back.

What I find strange is that I had to pay to unfreeze for 30 days. If I had just given Amex my pin would they have unfrozen it or would I have to request a different type of pin from EX?

you can just give them the PIN EX sent you and don't have to pay anything. that's what my wife did for the first app last month.

Congrats!

YMMV, HUCBA

Congrats!

That's an odd policy.

Never heard of this policy.

Congrats on your approvals!!! My app for PRG is pending.

Same. Apparently an Amex "pre-approved" doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an instant approval. I'd also been up to some limit shenanigans over the last week so feel an FR coming.

Called in and gave PIN...APPROVED :dance:

Congrats!!!!

Called in and gave PIN...APPROVED :dance:

congrats! and thanks for the CP reminder. I added these.