Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Post your 2014 Approvals Here!!!

BOA will not pull anything except Experian in MO. It's unfreeze or go away. YMMV

I recently was approved for BofA Alaska Airlines with 30K limit. EX was frozen. Called in and asked them to pull EQ or TU. They pulled TU. I have an existing mortgage with BofA.

BOA will not pull anything except Experian in MO. It's unfreeze or go away. YMMV

I recently was approved for BofA Alaska Airlines with 30K limit. EX was frozen. Called in and asked them to pull EQ or TU. They pulled TU. I have an existing mortgage with BofA.

As an Alaskan I can say I am super jealous. It is my #1 goal to get BOA Ak Air.

Are you in CA?

Are you in CA?

Yes, I live in the land of loonies.

Are you in CA?

Yeah, me too. Gives me hope that they'll pull TU for my Fidelity Amex app when I call on Tuesday.

1. Penfed gas card

2. Sallie Mae card for groceries

3. Logix card

4. Patelco card

5. Alliant card

These cards should last me for at least 6 months, I hope. Waiting on the Duck card, 50/50 chance at the moment.

Sallie Mae was instant approval. That came as a huge surprise due to it being the last card I applied for. Was expecting a declined to be honest.

Edited by L B

Chase mileage plus club card and an amex.

The $395 fee for the chase card was waived for a year and worth the number of miles I'll earn with it per year (~400k) and the lounge access.

The $395 fee for the chase card was waived for a year and worth the number of miles I'll earn with it per year (~400k) and the lounge access.

~400k miles is an awful lot of flying, mind sharing what you do?

~400k miles is an awful lot of flying, mind sharing what you do?

It's a mix of manufactured spend techniques. I split my energies between miles and 1-2k per month of cash back to feed my gun and technology hobbies.

One can spend much money per month buying vanilla reloads. There are plenty of other things out there, but vanilla reloads area great first step. Between these miles (I'd previously been earning 33% less with my sapphire preferred) and my wife's ink bold, it lets us fly first class to some interesting destinations.

I need to get this BOA AK Air card ASAP. Living in Alaska, two flights out to Florida and normal bill paying should earn me MVP and a free third flight. I can handle two trips to Florida a year, go in may it will cost me $1200 total and I have a free place to stay there. The card also includes a $118 companion fare.

Fidelity Amex 2% cash back - $5k - had 30 day message but called automated line the next day and was already approved. I was denied a couple years ago when I had my EX frozen and let them pull TU but had too many new accounts. This time around I had EX unfrozen and 9 inquires and was thrilled to get an approval with them.

Do you remember which number you called?

I've searched for FIA backdoor numbers, and FIA application status numbers, and so far I've tried three. Two were no longer in service and the third may have been a valid backdoor/analyst phone number, but the department is closed because it's Sunday. I would like to find the automated app status number.

866-598-4971 is the number that worked for me and they have an option to check on the status of an existing credit card application

Automated system can't match an application with my SSN. :(

Fidelity Amex 2% cash back - $5k - had 30 day message but called automated line the next day and was already approved. I was denied a couple years ago when I had my EX frozen and let them pull TU but had too many new accounts. This time around I had EX unfrozen and 9 inquires and was thrilled to get an approval with them.

I've searched for FIA backdoor numbers, and FIA application status numbers, and so far I've tried three. Two were no longer in service and the third may have been a valid backdoor/analyst phone number, but the department is closed because it's Sunday. I would like to find the automated app status number.

866-598-4971 is the number that worked for me and they have an option to check on the status of an existing credit card application

Called 866-865-7842 and talked to an analyst.

Experian was frozen, so she said they'd mail me a letter unless I wanted to unfreeze it.

I asked if she could pull a different one, and she said, "Sure, which one would you like me to pull?" Equifax, please!

Approved for $15,000. HUH?

I asked her to take another look at the limit and she put me on hold and approved me for the requested $35,000.

Experian was frozen, so she said they'd mail me a letter unless I wanted to unfreeze it.

I asked if she could pull a different one, and she said, "Sure, which one would you like me to pull?" Equifax, please!

I asked her to take another look at the limit and she put me on hold and approved me for the requested $35,000.

Wow, that is awesome to get to pick which credit report and to get a great credit line! Congrats on your success!

Wow, that is awesome to get to pick which credit report and to get a great credit line! Congrats on your success!

Thanks. Yeah, it was funny how she went from "No Experian pull, no card" to "Eh, you choose...". :D

Are you in CA?

Thanks for the info, chugs102. It made the difference between getting a letter telling me to unfreeze Experian and leading a conversation with an analyst and getting a great card. :good:

Are you in CA?

Thanks for the info, chugs102. It made the difference between getting a letter telling me to unfreeze Experian and leading a conversation with an analyst and getting a great card. :good:

Congrats! Your 35K limit is higher than my 30K. I'm gonna have to call in for recon. LOL I kid.

Are you in CA?

Congrats! Your 35K limit is higher than my 30K. I'm gonna have to call in for recon. LOL I kid.

Knew they'd come through for ya CV!

Because this is a heavy heaters thread, I dare not posting my lowly limits approvals here. Could someone open up a lowly heaters thread?

Post them here. Don't worry, everyone is in a different stage and no one will judge you.

Because this is a heavy heaters thread, I dare not posting my lowly limits approvals here. Could someone open up a lowly heaters thread?

This thread is about success. Post 'em!

This thread is about success. Post 'em!

At this time last year I had just gotten my PayPal MC to my highest limit, from 2,000 to 4,000, if you don't consider an AU card or my secured card (which I don't :P).

Are you in CA?

:D

What are the odds I'll get the same result when I apply for one of the Merrill Lynch cards?