Does anyone know anything about ITAC Sentinel?

The last post in this topic was posted 2855 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I got an email from Chase regarding a debit card that I get child support deposited to. Here is the email.

Dear SuperGurl,

The security of your information is very important to us and we strive to handle it with care and discretion.

We are writing to alert you that some of your personal information may have been viewed improperly on databases that support our website for your XXXXXXXXX card(s). When we detected this, we quickly secured our systems to safeguard your information. The information could include: your User ID, address, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number and password.

Keep using your card

We apologize and encourage you to keep using your card. We have found no evidence that your information was used improperly, and we will continue to monitor your account. We ask that you monitor your accounts as well. If you see any purchases that you don't recognize, please call the number on the back of your card.

Two years of credit monitoring

As a precaution, we are offering you two years of credit monitoring service free of charge. Please visit =XXXXXXXX for important information describing the benefits of ITAC Sentinel Plus and how to enroll.

To enroll directly, you may also visit the ITAC Sentinel Plus website XXXXXXXXXXX You will need to enter your Redemption Code:
XXXXXXXXX to begin the enrollment process.

How to protect yourself

Please visit XXXXXXXXfor information on additional steps you can take to monitor your credit bureau information.

We recommend you change your password now and periodically in the future.

Contact us

If you have any questions, please call us at (866) 849-5255.

Again, we apologize. We continuously review our security measures, seeking additional ways to safeguard your information.

Sincerely,

Patricia O. Baker
Senior Vice President
Chase Executive Office

I have never heard of it and want to make sure it is legit.

Sorry, never heard of them.

You are 100% sure the email is legit?

My Chase debit was compromised about a year ago and they sent me a letter in the mail informing me and insisting I come get a new card. I am signed up for electronic communications so it was weird to get a letter. They did not offer me any credit monitoring.

They didn't provide any details so I never knew what happened. Thank goodness I didn't have any fraudulent activity.

It's legit. I got the same thing, from a Chase debit card my husband's paychecks are deposited to. Must be the same card as yours. I want to switch the direct deposit now, which is a hassle, because his employer takes two pay periods to change a direct deposit account.

I signed up for that Itac Sentinel free offer, and got a membership package in the mail, about a week later.

Sorry, never heard of them.

You are 100% sure the email is legit?

My Chase debit was compromised about a year ago and they sent me a letter in the mail informing me and insisting I come get a new card. I am signed up for electronic communications so it was weird to get a letter. They did not offer me any credit monitoring.

They didn't provide any details so I never knew what happened. Thank goodness I didn't have any fraudulent activity.

The card Super Gurl is talking about is a Chase prepaid card, not linked to an actual Chase checking account, so that's why the difference in how it's handled.

My son goes to cyber school and his school sends us chase prepaid cards to help offset our internet costs. One of our cards was somehow possibly hacked so we have had a Sentinel membership for a while now. They alert me to things constantly and update my score every 3 months. Not bad for free :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The last post in this topic was posted 2855 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.