Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

Althe, what exactly did you say? Are there special words I should mention? For both my DH (his are falling off as soon as March) and myself I said I wanted these accounts removed because according to my records, they were too old to report. Not sure what I did wrong but I don't think they're coming off because I disputed my DH's on Wednesday and all accounts are still showing.

Edited by droman04

Trying for the 5th time right now to get the last 2 negitives removed from EX, scheduled to fall off 3/18 (1.5 months away). With those who have had luck, what talk track did you have luck with? I've been stone walled every time I've called EX, and I see people getting things removed 3 months out with them. BTW.. the number I've had success with getting in touch with a live person is 800-493-1058.

Thanks!

Well, after call #5, and #6 right after. I was told absolutely not, they cannot delete these items, and they will remain until 3/18. Looks like EX is not going to budge on any early obsoletes now.

On 1/4, I disputed (online) 12 TLs as obsolete on TU and 11 of them were removed on 1/6.

They were:

3 Chase COs scheduled to fall off (1) Feb and (2) March 2018

1 Midland CA that was the same as one of the above but was reporting a more recent date

1 PenFed CO scheduled to fall off 3/2018

1 Chevron CO scheduled to fall off 9/2018 (!!)

1 PNC Bank CO scheduled to fall off 1/2018

1 CapOne CO scheduled to fall off 1/2018

1 Caine Weber CA scheduled to fall off 3/2018

1 JH Portfolio CA (CIti CO) scheduled to fall off 1/2018

1 Portfolio Recovery - a judgement from 2014 for a HSBC CO (DOLP = 12/2010) reporting as a CA not a PR. Disputed because I didn't realize they had a judgement against me for this account until later. I imagine this one will come back.

They only one that was verified and remained was a Medical CA from 2014 that I accidentally included in my disputes because I thought it was from an earlier CC CO.

Althe, what exactly did you say? Are there special words I should mention? For both my DH (his are falling off as soon as March) and myself I said I wanted these accounts removed because according to my records, they were too old to report. Not sure what I did wrong but I don't think they're coming off because I disputed my DH's on Wednesday and all accounts are still showing.

I just said I wanted some help in deleting some old items.

Walked him through it and they were gone.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to dispute online all of my accounts I included in BK7 (DOFD spring 2011 - filed 2/12 discharged 6/12) on all 3 CRAs. The ones I disputed on TU were due to drop in April. I got results back in under 5 hours. All deleted. Thinking I might do the balance of them that are due to drop in May. I have one that won't drop until January 2019...so I will have to wait for that one I think.

I hope Experian and Equifax are just as nice. B)

Yesterday afternoon I decided to dispute online all of my accounts I included in BK7 (DOFD spring 2011 - filed 2/12 discharged 6/12) on all 3 CRAs. The ones I disputed on TU were due to drop in April. I got results back in under 5 hours. All deleted. Thinking I might do the balance of them that are due to drop in May. I have one that won't drop until January 2019...so I will have to wait for that one I think.

I hope Experian and Equifax are just as nice. B)

Congrats on your deletions and welcome to CB! The general timeframes for each of the bureaus to acquiesce are discussed thoroughly in this thread. It might take a little digging but it will be well worth your time.

Congrats on your deletions and welcome to CB! The general timeframes for each of the bureaus to acquiesce are discussed thoroughly in this thread. It might take a little digging but it will be well worth your time.

Thanks! I disputed the ones due to drop off in May and they have been deleted. Not sure what if any change will happen to me FICO score, but now I am down to the one TL due to drop off in Jan 19 and the BK itself that has another 3 years.... Eagerly awaiting the results from Experian and Equifax.

Just an updated: The accounts I disputed with Transunion that weren't immediately deleted were deleted about 5 days later. My DH took a lot longer (like 2 or 3 weeks) but they were also all deleted. Saw an increase of 114 points (FAKO)! Getting there, getting there. Now, I just disputed his same accounts no Experian (over the phone) and the guy said he would dispute them to be removed. I don't know exactly what that means, but here's to hoping they also get deleted.

My Mom’s last account with JH Portfolio was due to fall off 5/18. Called today and asked if it could be removed CSR said no you have to wait 7 years. I said it’s close enough isn’t there anything that could be done (I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying early exclusion) she said well the earliest it could be removed is... today. Would you like it to be deleted? Yes please. She said give it 24 to 72 hours.

Hello all, new here. I've read every entry on this thread, as I have a few baddies getting ready to drop in the next year or so.

The first of these is terrible. It is easily the worst thing on my reports ever in my life. It was a HELOC that was CO. DOFD was 10/2010. It was sold a few times, first to Greentree which then became Ditech. It is almost 40K. I think once this is gone, my credit will improve tremendously.

I pulled TU the other day, and it shows estimated removal on 9/2018, so that should be one month early. They do not report DOFD, but Ditech diligently sends me a bill every single month, and one to DH too just in case I don't see mine, and they clearly have the date listed. I've never paid anything to Greentree or Ditech. It is past SOL in my state, thank goodness. I wasn't going to touch it with 10 foot pole until that was the case.

I was planning on disputing online as obsolete with TU for both self and DH in March. But since they show a September fall off date, and no actual DOFD, would there be any point in disputing in February? Or do you think I need to wait even longer, until April?

Thanks for suggestions!

My Mom’s last account with JH Portfolio was due to fall off 5/18. Called today and asked if it could be removed CSR said no you have to wait 7 years. I said it’s close enough isn’t there anything that could be done (I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying early exclusion) she said well the earliest it could be removed is... today. Would you like it to be deleted? Yes please. She said give it 24 to 72 hours.

It was taken off in 24 hours and look at that jump,107 points!

PwDNPUP.png

SO called TU for early deletions for 8 accounts with DOFD between June and August 2018. The CSR told him they had to file a dispute which would "trigger" the "back office" to review those accounts to see if they are eligible for early deletion. 7 of the 8 were deleted by the next day. The only one left was one of the accounts with a DOFD of August 2018. Score jumped 49 points. He should get another boost when the last one gets deleted.

Experian is giving conflicting information. They were suppose to delete a few accounts with a DOFD of June 2018 as of February 1st. He called on February 1st and got conflicting information. Calling back today.

Equifax is a no go. Two CSR both say they will be deleted on the first day of the month of the 7th year. I have been told, by others, that they could fall off 3 months early. It depends on the individual creditors, etc.

Hello all, new here. I've read every entry on this thread, as I have a few baddies getting ready to drop in the next year or so.

The first of these is terrible. It is easily the worst thing on my reports ever in my life. It was a HELOC that was CO. DOFD was 10/2010. It was sold a few times, first to Greentree which then became Ditech. It is almost 40K. I think once this is gone, my credit will improve tremendously.

I pulled TU the other day, and it shows estimated removal on 9/2018, so that should be one month early. They do not report DOFD, but Ditech diligently sends me a bill every single month, and one to DH too just in case I don't see mine, and they clearly have the date listed. I've never paid anything to Greentree or Ditech. It is past SOL in my state, thank goodness. I wasn't going to touch it with 10 foot pole until that was the case.

I was planning on disputing online as obsolete with TU for both self and DH in March. But since they show a September fall off date, and no actual DOFD, would there be any point in disputing in February? Or do you think I need to wait even longer, until April?

Thanks for suggestions!

Bump

Thanks for suggestions!

Bump

Was the DOFD date of 10/2010 lead to a charge off? Is that date listed on all your credit reports? If the that is the correct date, then TU is reporting the wrong DOFD date and I would dispute that. It should be deleted no later then 7 years from 10/10.

Edited by dvd

Thanks for suggestions!

Bump

Was the DOFD date of 10/2010 lead to a charge off? Is that date listed on all your credit reports? If the that is the correct date, then TU is reporting the wrong DOFD date and I would dispute that. It should be deleted no later then 7 years from 10/10.

Gah! I got all excited for a minute. Sorry - the DOFD is actually 10/10/2011, I put the wrong date down on my post. I had to go look at one of the bills to double check! I don't see any estimated dates of removal on the other two CRAs, just on the Transunion one. I'm betting they have them correct. Ditech is a diligent monthly reporter.

Thanks for suggestions!

Bump

Gah! I got all excited for a minute. Sorry - the DOFD is actually 10/10/2011, I put the wrong date down on my post. I had to go look at one of the bills to double check! I don't see any estimated dates of removal on the other two CRAs, just on the Transunion one. I'm betting they have them correct. Ditech is a diligent monthly reporter.

For Trans Union, they usually delete up to 6 month early. So you can call them around April 10th for an early exclusion. Experian is up to 4 months. Equifax is YMMV.

I just tried the 7th and 8th time to get 2 items deleted from Experian that are scheduled to fall off in March.... less than 30 days away. No dice. The last guy told me to call back the last week of February. So it looks like EX is as stubborn as Equifax now. I've had NO luck with them on deleting any earlier. TU was great, 6 months out, deleted within days of dispute

I just tried the 7th and 8th time to get 2 items deleted from Experian that are scheduled to fall off in March.... less than 30 days away. No dice. The last guy told me to call back the last week of February. So it looks like EX is as stubborn as Equifax now. I've had NO luck with them on deleting any earlier. TU was great, 6 months out, deleted within days of dispute

What were those items? It could be the way the creditor reported it to Experian.

What were those items? It could be the way the creditor reported it to Experian.

One is a CO from Capital One, the other is an old Macy’s store card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One is a CO from Capital One, the other is an old Macy’s store card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the DOFD for those accounts? Experian should delete 3-4 prior to the DOFD.

SO called TU for early deletions for 8 accounts with DOFD between June and August 2018. The CSR told him they had to file a dispute which would "trigger" the "back office" to review those accounts to see if they are eligible for early deletion. 7 of the 8 were deleted by the next day. The only one left was one of the accounts with a DOFD of August 2018. Score jumped 49 points. He should get another boost when the last one gets deleted.

Experian is giving conflicting information. They were suppose to delete a few accounts with a DOFD of June 2018 as of February 1st. He called on February 1st and got conflicting information. Calling back today.

Equifax is a no go. Two CSR both say they will be deleted on the first day of the month of the 7th year. I have been told, by others, that they could fall off 3 months early. It depends on the individual creditors, etc.

SO got in contact with TU regarding the remaining item that was not deleted in the first round. The CSR said it was not disputed so they disputed it and it should be deleted within 24 hours. TU is now clean.

There is an issue with how Amex is reporting on Experian. The DOFD should be 6/11. The payment history show either a "OK" or "ND" status for months 6/11 through 6/15 and CO for 7/15, which was the month he paid the CO. When Amex updated to reflect payment they changed the prior history to how its currently reported. No indication that 6/11 was the DOFD. SO disputed and it came back with 2/18 as the date of the CO, making things worse. #Ugh. Disputed again and also contacted Amex. Hoping this will get resolved ASAP.

Hi everyone!

I was nervous about disputing old accounts online but Tuesday (2/20) I requested my first round of early deletions online for TU and my results are:

Chase-deleted

Synch (Havertys)-deleted

Synch (CareCredit)-deleted

CACH (Havertys)-deleted

CACH (First Equity)-deleted

All of these had an estimated date of removal listed as 8/2018.

TU's site was slow as molasses. I thought I also disputed the CACH CareCredit account but must have missed it because there's nothing indicating an updated status for it. I have another round for next month and will include it then.

Only 2 collections and 4 charge-offs left on this CRA --YAY!

Congrats, I also got 2 more deleted that were due to drop 8/2018.

Have some dropping 9/18 so next month will call again.