Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

Does anybody have any strategies on how to remove hard inquiries within 1-2 weeks? Can live accounts also be removed without closing the accounts down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible idea

How do you remove inquiries?

Does anybody have any strategies on how to remove hard inquiries within 1-2 weeks? Can live accounts also be removed without closing the accounts down?

Terrible idea

How do you remove inquiries?

You don't. You don't need to. Take care of negatives preventing you to achieve your financial goals. Inquiries don't.

My last two baddies are with EX and so far, they've been refusing to delete. DOFD shows 2/2011 for both when you look under the record of payments and one TL shows 3/2011 under the actual date listing. So there are two different dates listed. Is this within the three month window and shall I call instead of writing? If so, what phone number? Found a bunch on CB, but wondering if they are obsolete.

My last dispute letter went out 10/25 and I've been on a trip since then so don't know if they had sent me the results of my dispute in the mail, but in checking the EX site and CCT, there have been no changes so I'm assuming they still haven't deleted. Returning home later this week, so I'll know for sure. In the meantime, trying to plot my next move if they haven't deleted.

You disputed too early. With EX you need to strike when you are inside of 3 months from removal. Usually Removal date is inferred from DOFD which might or might not be accurate. That's why you need to look for DOLA and ask for removal based on DOLA AKA DOLP. Are they from OC or CA? Do you have the last billing info from last time you paid? Look for DOLA. DOFD might not be accurate when compared with your own rewards of accounts. Does EX report gives a specific date when the accounts will fall? Edited by tobettercredit

My last two baddies are with EX and so far, they've been refusing to delete. DOFD shows 2/2011 for both when you look under the record of payments and one TL shows 3/2011 under the actual date listing. So there are two different dates listed. Is this within the three month window and shall I call instead of writing? If so, what phone number? Found a bunch on CB, but wondering if they are obsolete.

My last dispute letter went out 10/25 and I've been on a trip since then so don't know if they had sent me the results of my dispute in the mail, but in checking the EX site and CCT, there have been no changes so I'm assuming they still haven't deleted. Returning home later this week, so I'll know for sure. In the meantime, trying to plot my next move if they haven't deleted.

You disputed too early. With EX you need to strike when you are inside of 3 months from removal. Usually Removal date is inferred from DOFD which might or might not be accurate. That's why you need to look for DOLA and ask for removal based on DOLA AKA DOLP. Are they from OC or CA? Do you have the last billing info from last time you paid? Look for DOLA. DOFD might not be accurate when compared with your own rewards of accounts. Does EX report gives a specific date when the accounts will fall?

When you say dispute within the 3 months of the removal date do you mean their estimated removal date, which is already 3 months early, or the actual removal date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrible idea

Reason I ask because this broker shopped my credit to 6 different banks, of which, I told him to pull it one time. Now I got denied because I have too many recent inquiries.

You disputed too early. With EX you need to strike when you are inside of 3 months from removal. Usually Removal date is inferred from DOFD which might or might not be accurate. That's why you need to look for DOLA and ask for removal based on DOLA AKA DOLP. Are they from OC or CA? Do you have the last billing info from last time you paid? Look for DOLA. DOFD might not be accurate when compared with your own rewards of accounts. Does EX report gives a specific date when the accounts will fall?
When you say dispute within the 3 months of the removal date do you mean their estimated removal date, which is already 3 months early, or the actual removal date.

Either DOFD or DOLA/DOLP. Use the one that is to your advantage in case there is a significant discrepancy between the two. When DOFD was further than DOLA by a couple of months I requested that the account be deleted based on DOLA

Sorry for the late response. I just returned from a trip and wanted to check my CR before answering. One TL shows it's die to fall off Nov 2017 despite the fact that my last dispute with them was October. But it's the other TL that I'm concerned about. There are no DOFD OR DOLA dates on the CR and this is from the last CR I just received from them due to this last dispute.

Payment history shows actual CO in Sep 2012 with 30 days lates listed for 8/2012, 6/2012, 11/2011, 4/2011 and 2/2011. Am I to assume from the payment history, that DOFD IS 2/2011? In the status line, it says "This account is scheduled to continue on record until May 2019". There are no other dates listed.

What shall I do?

Sorry for the late response. I just returned from a trip and wanted to check my CR before answering. One TL shows it's die to fall off Nov 2017 despite the fact that my last dispute with them was October. But it's the other TL that I'm concerned about. There are no DOFD OR DOLA dates on the CR and this is from the last CR I just received from them due to this last dispute.

Payment history shows actual CO in Sep 2012 with 30 days lates listed for 8/2012, 6/2012, 11/2011, 4/2011 and 2/2011. Am I to assume from the payment history, that DOFD IS 2/2011? In the status line, it says "This account is scheduled to continue on record until May 2019". There are no other dates listed.

What shall I do?

2/2017 is not DOFD or DOLP/DOLA. DOFD/DOLA is when you stopped paying and never made another payment on the account.

You have to look for errors or discrepancies in reporting and try to delete based on that. This account is not ready for obsolete dispute.

What shall I do?

2/2017 is not DOFD or DOLP/DOLA. DOFD/DOLA is when you stopped paying and never made another payment on the account.

You have to look for errors or discrepancies in reporting and try to delete based on that. This account is not ready for obsolete dispute.

Frankly, I don't recall the series of paymets and non payments as the history suggests. And I don't believe I have any of that info anymore. Don't know what else I can dispute about.

What has everyone’s timeline looked like for EX? I have 3 TLs. 1 has a drop off date of 1/18, the other 2 had dates of 3/18. I disputed all online as “other” and out too old to be on account in the comments on 12/1. Still haven’t got a response, and CCT still has them on the report.

What has everyones timeline looked like for EX? I have 3 TLs. 1 has a drop off date of 1/18, the other 2 had dates of 3/18. I disputed all online as other and out too old to be on account in the comments on 12/1. Still havent got a response, and CCT still has them on the report.

CCT info doesn't update in real time. You can call EX Monday for the status of your request. Sometime the CSR would try to remove account on the spot or tell you when it will come off. For obsolete delete it's ok to HUCA. Nothing to lose.

What has everyones timeline looked like for EX? I have 3 TLs. 1 has a drop off date of 1/18, the other 2 had dates of 3/18. I disputed all online as other and out too old to be on account in the comments on 12/1. Still havent got a response, and CCT still has them on the report.

CCT info doesn't update in real time. You can call EX Monday for the status of your request. Sometime the CSR would try to remove account on the spot or tell you when it will come off. For obsolete delete it's ok to HUCA. Nothing to lose.
Cool, thanks. I was just wondering, as TU was within 2 days after the dispute. Those dates on EX should work for obsolete correct?

Cool, thanks. I was just wondering, as TU was within 2 days after the dispute. Those dates on EX should work for obsolete correct?

Yes. The January one for sure. The other two might or might not. For the ones falling in March a better striking distance is inside January 2018 but you never know. As I said for obsolete delete you can call all day everyday until you get a sympathetic CSR

As I said for obsolete delete you can call all day everyday until you get a sympathetic CSR

What phone number is best to use?

I have this question as well. All of the numbers that I searched for and found only give me the option for order my score, or order my report. Tried pushing 0 and saying operator, but no go.

As I said for obsolete delete you can call all day everyday until you get a sympathetic CSR

What phone number is best to use?

I have this question as well. All of the numbers that I searched for and found only give me the option for order my score, or order my report. Tried pushing 0 and saying operator, but no go.

Were the suggestions from this site useful?

https://gethuman.com

I must be doing something funky because I would so much rather call Equifax than TU. I called EQ and the person I got went out of her way to review my report and suggest to me things that I could delete early. She sat there with me and we tried to delete everything we could. I got rid of a ton of late payments and collections that day and then she started deleting inquiries which I thought was impossible. My EQ score is about 40 pts higher than my Exp.

I'm trying to get a CO from CapOne and a CO from 5/3 off my report - Experian shows CapOne reporting Ok in between months of being CO.

TU: 1/12

Eq: 30 day late in 8/2011.

Exp: 10/11

I'm thinking 9/11 would have been around the time i stopped paying on both cards. So sometime in March?

I must be doing something funky because I would so much rather call Equifax than TU. I called EQ and the person I got went out of her way to review my report and suggest to me things that I could delete early. She sat there with me and we tried to delete everything we could. I got rid of a ton of late payments and collections that day and then she started deleting inquiries which I thought was impossible. My EQ score is about 40 pts higher than my Exp.

I'm trying to get a CO from CapOne and a CO from 5/3 off my report - Experian shows CapOne reporting Ok in between months of being CO.

TU: 1/12

Eq: 30 day late in 8/2011.

Exp: 10/11

I'm thinking 9/11 would have been around the time i stopped paying on both cards. So sometime in March?

How early did EQ delete?

Just called and finally spoke to someone with EX. I have 2 TL's scheduled to drop off in March, and 1 that was scheduled to drop off the 14th of this month. The rep stated that he could go ahead and delete the one scheduled for this month, but he absolutely couldn't do anything about the 2 scheduled to fall off in March. Guess I'll call back and wait another 40 minutes to get someone, lol.

I have a few baddies that are rolling off this year that I may try to delete earlier as obsolete:

EQ - 1 CO reporting until 9/18

TU - 2 COs reporting until 8/18;

1 CA reporting until 12/18 (PRA - I'm might just let this one roll off)

EX - 2 COs reporting until 6/18

1 CA reporting until 12/18

1 CA reporting until 10/18 (this is the same PRA one reporting on TU)

Do you find it more effective to call and request a deletion (or send a letter) than disputing online, or is it pretty much YMMV?

Why is Transunion being a PIMA?! They should be the easiest one to delete. I have 3 accounts across all 3 bureaus that I need deleted.

7 year marks are:

TD Bank /Target : 06/2018

Cavalry Portfolio: 09/2018 (not on Equifax)

Kay Jewelers: 10/2018

Just called Experian and he quickly, and I mean quickly, removed TD Bank and Cavalry. Mind you, they're still more than 3 months from the fall off date. Transunion on the other hand, wouldn't delete just dispute as too old. I thought they would just delete it. I already know not to try with Equifax. I hope Transunion ends up deleting but seems odd they wouldn't just delete.