Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

I just got the last 6 of my IIB accounts (they were all 6 months or less from falling off organically) EE'd from TU this morning. Instant 36 point bump, to put my TU8 at 730! WOO-HOO! My first 700 score since before 2011!

Now to work on EX.

I just got the last 6 of my IIB accounts (they were all 6 months or less from falling off organically) EE'd from TU this morning. Instant 36 point bump, to put my TU8 at 730! WOO-HOO! My first 700 score since before 2011!

Now to work on EX

Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

Now to work on EX

Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

Thanks, Kat!

Truth be told, I never bothered to check my credit (let alone the scores) before the BK (in 2011), so this could be the first time I've ever had a score above 700.

Just got the last 2 baddies off of TU this morning. Checked this morning and CCT has my FICO for TU at 694 now!

I just noticed that EQ and EX each removed 7 baddies early without me doing anything. They all ranged from 3-5 months of being obsolete.

I'm hoping they'll do the same next month -- then I'll just be left with the BK PR across the three :rofl:

I've had tons of luck with TU for disputing obsolete online.. I do have one negative with EX that is 3 months away. What has everyone been successful with? Are you calling EX or doing the online dispute?

TU and EX have been deleting items a year early for me, I am not disputing either.

Accounts are just disappearing.

No split file either.

EQ is just a mess and I am leaving them frozen forever.

3 CO's deleted from TU. Due 4/18, disputed as obsolete on 11/1/17, deleted 11/3/17.

Edited by ladylunis

Just took a chance also.

Account is supposed to be gone 6/18 tried the obsolete dispute online last night.

If it doesn't work no biggie, I will try again in 30 days.

Just lost another 5 accounts this week.

I'm so mad! I finally got my dispute results back from EX. All three CO's remain! They are due to fall off in March. That's only 4 months away! I'll be trying again in December. :aggressive:

I'm so mad! I finally got my dispute results back from EX. All three CO's remain! They are due to fall off in March. That's only 4 months away! I'll be trying again in December. :aggressive:

What reasons did you give for the disputes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

account is obsolete... or something to that effect. I don't recall exactly.

I’m surprised TU didn’t delete. TU and EX should delete 3 months out. EQ is ymmv.

I’m surprised TU didn’t delete. TU and EX should delete 3 months out. EQ is ymmv.

TU did delete. EX did not. Just pulled my 3B from CCT and EQ didn't either. Trying again this month.

Have another account obsolete as of 6/18, its paid.

Should I try and get it deleted this month or next month.

Any ideas.

Im surprised TU didnt delete. TU and EX should delete 3 months out. EQ is ymmv.

TU did delete. EX did not. Just pulled my 3B from CCT and EQ didn't either. Trying again this month.
This is somewhat expected. Exp is 3 months early. EQ you have to fight them tooth and nail. For EQ you need to know and have proof of last payment and use that day for the 7th anniversary of account retention/removal. If DOFD is substantially different from DOLP/DOLA and if the latter happens to occur earlie, push them to use DOLA in lieu of DOFD. This is what I did when EQ rejected my request for obsolete delete.i removed early November instead of January. DOLA AKA DOLP is rarely on the reports but it can save you when push comes to shove with EQ. Edited by tobettercredit

I have one unpaid CO and a bunch of student loan lates that were not removed when I rehabbed my loans around late 2013. These represent the last of my baddies. The CO is from March 2011 (DOLP/DOLA was March 21, DOFD listed more or less as May across the bureaus). EX listed a 'due to drop off' date of March 2018. I did the online dispute (thank you for that tip, CB!) with TU in Oct and had it removed with no problem. My TU score skyrocketed from 675-780 range to 745-750 range! The only baddies left were the older(ish) student loan lates from the rehab. That made me giddy for the boosts I'd see to my EQ and (most important as a California resident at least, given who pulls out here) EX scores.

EQ I haven't bothered to try EE, both because they are sticks in the mud but also because the OC on the CO inexplicably stopped reporting to EQ only in January 2017 (it's still reporting/updating monthly to EX/TU. This is Capital One, btw) - didn't want to rock the boat. I also plan to freeze this bureau until it ages off once the other two are cleared of the CO reporting.

EX I decided to roll the dice and try for EE in mid-November (a little over four months from the DOLP/DOLA). Called the number floating around on here or other similar boards. Escalated to their special team who said no dice - the 'due to drop off by March 2018' represented the 'three months early' mark and the best I could do was February 19, 2018 - one month earlier than that. He said he left a note on my file to this effect so that I would be assured of removal at this time. I was a little dejected, as I have slightly sub-optimal mortgage rate and am looking to refi before rates go up too much (fed rate hikes are expected the next 6 months to a year), but what can you do....

Against my impulses I decided to try again today. Different CSR... and very different result. She said the CO would be removed within 24-72 hours! I'm ecstatic. If my FICO with EX similarly jumps 70 points, it would make my day - especially because most of my rebuilder 'mid-tier' accounts with Discover and Cap One are all aging off as 5/24 over the course of November-December! The savings off a mortgage refi alone could change my entire financial outlook. Chase rewards cards would be icing on the cake! (Though I am aware that perhaps the timing of CC apps would need to be thought through relative to mortgage refi)

Anyhow, big big thank you once again to everyone here for providing lots of data points. I will update if the deletion ends up not happening (I'll be so pissed if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't forget to update, haha. If it does happen I probably will forget to update the post).

Big lesson for the day: NEVER GIVE UP. Time is our friend but it can be helped along a little with some persistence. Good luck to everyone in their efforts!

EDIT: Just checked now, and it's showing as 'in dispute.' Hopefully I'm just jumping the gun and it will be gone in a day or two.

Edited by britneysneers

Chap 7 BK from June 2008, due to fall off Jun 2018. TU was showing expected fall of of May 2018.

I disputed online with TU yesterday using the "Incorrect date" option, and it was deleted by the morning.

After submitting the dispute, I logged out and back in and saw it was already "1 of 1 Completed". For it to happen that fast (45 seconds tops). they must of auto-approved the delete without user intervention.

I have one unpaid CO and a bunch of student loan lates that were not removed when I rehabbed my loans around late 2013. These represent the last of my baddies. The CO is from March 2011 (DOLP/DOLA was March 21, DOFD listed more or less as May across the bureaus). EX listed a 'due to drop off' date of March 2018. I did the online dispute (thank you for that tip, CB!) with TU in Oct and had it removed with no problem. My TU score skyrocketed from 675-780 range to 745-750 range! The only baddies left were the older(ish) student loan lates from the rehab. That made me giddy for the boosts I'd see to my EQ and (most important as a California resident at least, given who pulls out here) EX scores.

EQ I haven't bothered to try EE, both because they are sticks in the mud but also because the OC on the CO inexplicably stopped reporting to EQ only in January 2017 (it's still reporting/updating monthly to EX/TU. This is Capital One, btw) - didn't want to rock the boat. I also plan to freeze this bureau until it ages off once the other two are cleared of the CO reporting.

EX I decided to roll the dice and try for EE in mid-November (a little over four months from the DOLP/DOLA). Called the number floating around on here or other similar boards. Escalated to their special team who said no dice - the 'due to drop off by March 2018' represented the 'three months early' mark and the best I could do was February 19, 2018 - one month earlier than that. He said he left a note on my file to this effect so that I would be assured of removal at this time. I was a little dejected, as I have slightly sub-optimal mortgage rate and am looking to refi before rates go up too much (fed rate hikes are expected the next 6 months to a year), but what can you do....

Against my impulses I decided to try again today. Different CSR... and very different result. She said the CO would be removed within 24-72 hours! I'm ecstatic. If my FICO with EX similarly jumps 70 points, it would make my day - especially because most of my rebuilder 'mid-tier' accounts with Discover and Cap One are all aging off as 5/24 over the course of November-December! The savings off a mortgage refi alone could change my entire financial outlook. Chase rewards cards would be icing on the cake! (Though I am aware that perhaps the timing of CC apps would need to be thought through relative to mortgage refi)

Anyhow, big big thank you once again to everyone here for providing lots of data points. I will update if the deletion ends up not happening (I'll be so pissed if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't forget to update, haha. If it does happen I probably will forget to update the post).

Big lesson for the day: NEVER GIVE UP. Time is our friend but it can be helped along a little with some persistence. Good luck to everyone in their efforts!

EDIT: Just checked now, and it's showing as 'in dispute.' Hopefully I'm just jumping the gun and it will be gone in a day or two.

Good DP. It pays to be persistent when dealing with CRAs

I recently learned what a lot lizard is.

Now I need to know what DP is, because what I know DP to mean doesn't work at all in this context.

I recently learned what a lot lizard is.

Now I need to know what DP is, because what I know DP to mean doesn't work at all in this context.

Lot lizard is mostly known to those involved in OTR trucking. Data point about relying on DOLA/DOLP in lieu of the more popular DOFD when necessary.

Does anybody have any strategies on how to remove hard inquiries within 1-2 weeks? Can live accounts also be removed without closing the accounts down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have any strategies on how to remove hard inquiries within 1-2 weeks? Can live accounts also be removed without closing the accounts down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible idea

My last two baddies are with EX and so far, they've been refusing to delete. DOFD shows 2/2011 for both when you look under the record of payments and one TL shows 3/2011 under the actual date listing. So there are two different dates listed. Is this within the three month window and shall I call instead of writing? If so, what phone number? Found a bunch on CB, but wondering if they are obsolete.

My last dispute letter went out 10/25 and I've been on a trip since then so don't know if they had sent me the results of my dispute in the mail, but in checking the EX site and CCT, there have been no changes so I'm assuming they still haven't deleted. Returning home later this week, so I'll know for sure. In the meantime, trying to plot my next move if they haven't deleted.