Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

We've called TU about 5 times today and each time they say they can't delete it. It has an on record until 5/17 date. Used the "I called last month..." line.

Please help.

U can easily do a obsolete dispute online for TU.

We've called TU about 5 times today and each time they say they can't delete it. It has an on record until 5/17 date. Used the "I called last month..." line.

Please help.

Have you tried asking for a Supervisor instead of talking to the pawns?

Submitted online dispute to TU and got 7 deleted!! Made my day! :)

Same here. Got that advice for 2 of my TLs, disputed online and 6 days later got the email that they were deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disputed yesterday for TU 2 TL's due to fall off in May and June. Received my results today! REMOVED!

I used the "no longer liable" option and both were removed.

Submitted online dispute to TU and got 7 deleted!! Made my day! :)

Same here. Got that advice for 2 of my TLs, disputed online and 6 days later got the email that they were deleted.

Where online are you disputing?

On TU Online Dispute Process:

Any Advice for disputing/removing Late Payments on FedLoan Student Loans that were deferred for a few years after I was out of school?

After deferral period, I began paying each of them but it was Navient who had taken over the loan by that time. So all 4 Loans were transferred to Navient end of 2014/ beginning of 2015

Navient has been reporting as all 4 Loans "Paid As Agreed" from the beginning up until present day [2015-Present]

and Fed Loan also shows as reporting on all 4 Loans [during the 2010-2014 time period]

[FedLoan shows ownership from 2010 - 2014 & Navient Shows Ownership of them from 2015 - Present Day] All of that is accurate.

The major exception/negative is the last 9 months in 2014 for each of the 4 while under FedLoan. I was under deferral the entire time that FedLoan had the Loans and I was told at the time that I began making payments that this was an error on their part and that they would correct it.

So this is an extremely long-winded way of asking the following question:

I am hesitant to dispute citing the "No Longer Liable" reason for each of the 4 total FedLoan Student Loan Accts on TU because they do have 3 ½ years of "Paid As Agreed"

and if the Lates were to just be corrected to show accurately as Deferrement like the rest of the time leading up to that point, it would actually reflect 4 years of "Paying As Agreed" for each of the 4 FedLoan student loans.

Here are My Dispute Options/ Reasons as laid out by the TU Online Dispute Process: ( I just went to the web address that turbobuick listed in his post above ^ )

NOTE: I have tried to upload the image/screenshot to show what I am referencing and for the life of me i have not been able to figure out how to attach an image on one of these damn posts

Edited by bankitbandit

Advice needed for best practices with this particular TU Online Dispute:

Any Advice for disputing/removing Late Payments on FedLoan Student Loans that were deferred for a few years after I was out of school?

After deferral period, I began paying each of them but it was Navient who had taken over the loan by that time. So all 4 Loans were transferred to Navient end of 2014/ beginning of 2015

Navient has been reporting as all 4 Loans "Paid As Agreed" from the beginning up until present day [2015-Present]

and Fed Loan also shows as reporting on all 4 Loans [during the 2010-2014 time period]

[FedLoan shows ownership from 2010 - 2014 & Navient Shows Ownership of them from 2015 - Present Day] All of that is accurate.

The major exception/negative is the last 9 months in 2014 for each of the 4 while under FedLoan. I was under deferral the entire time that FedLoan had the Loans and I was told at the time that I began making payments that this was an error on their part and that they would correct it.

I am hesitant to dispute citing the "No Longer Liable" reason for each of the 4 total FedLoan Student Loan Accts on TU because they do have 3 ½ years of "Paid As Agreed"

and if the Lates were to just be corrected to show accurately as Deferrement like the rest of the time leading up to that point, it would actually reflect 4 years of "Paying As Agreed" for each of the 4 FedLoan student loans.

Here are My Dispute Options/ Reasons as laid out by the TU Online Dispute Process: ( I just went to the web address that turbobuick listed in his post above ^ )

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/ashford5/media/TU%20%20FedLoan%20Dispute%203.18.17%201%20%20copy_zpstm11huiz.jpeg.html

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/ashford5/media/TU%2022%20FedLoan%20Dispute%20Reasons%203.18.17%2022%20%20copy_zpszdomh3a1.jpeg.html

NOTE: I have tried to upload the image/screenshot to show what I am referencing and for the life of me i have not been able to figure out how to attach an image on one of these damn posts

After much trial & more error, I thought finally had the screenshot(s) show up! They are visible in editor but they are not able to be seen when i submit post <_<

Edited by bankitbandit

Hey all.

Just got off the phone with Experian for a CA that states it is on record until 5/2017, I was trying to get it removed early. The rep would not budge and stated it is already slated to fall off early. He gave me a date of 5/23/2017. The account is also being reported by the OC , DOFD is 9/2010. The amounts reported owed are different, but he would not budge on either.

Should I try back or just wait it out?

Thanks!

Since I had luck with TU on the IIB mortgage at 8 months EE, I decided to take another swing at a group of 5 that are 8 months out (I left the Lowes account alone since I'd just disputed it a a month and a half ago).

5 minutes after kicking off the EED, 3 of the 5 items already showed completed. Now I've got to wait a month for the other 2 to process before I get the results. Hopefully the 3 that have already been completed are gone :fingerscrossed:

The 5 accounts include 2 store cards, 1 unsecured medical loan, and 2 car loans. It'll be interesting to see if there's any rhyme or reason to what they remove (if any at all).

ETA: I just noticed that 3 of the 5 hadn't reported since 2011, but the other two updated last month. Hmm.... I'm wondering if there's a pattern here.

I finally got my results. 3 deleted, 2 updated to remove payment history. 10 more baddies to go on TU (all of which should be gone by the end of this year)!

Couple of data points (in case anyone is keeping track of things like this for TU):

- All 5 had the same fall off date

- 1 of the 3 that were removed had been updating monthly since the BK

- 1 of the 2 that were not removed had also been updated monthly

Hey all.

Just got off the phone with Experian for a CA that states it is on record until 5/2017, I was trying to get it removed early. The rep would not budge and stated it is already slated to fall off early. He gave me a date of 5/23/2017. The account is also being reported by the OC , DOFD is 9/2010. The amounts reported owed are different, but he would not budge on either.

Thanks!

Try again, but ask to talk to a SUPERVISOR

Advice needed for best practices with this particular TU Online Dispute:

I can EITHER :

Check 1 Ownership Reason in "Investigate Ownership" Column:

[ ] I have No Knowledge of this Account

[ ] This is Not My Account, it belongs to a relative

[ ] I am no longer liable for this account

[ ] No longer liable per divorce decree

[ ] Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account

[ ] This account was fraudulently opened by someone who stole my identity.

OR

Select Up to 2 of the Accuracy Reasons in the "Investigate Accuracy" Column:

[ ] Balance is incorrect

[ ] Insurance paid this account, Remove Late Payments

[ ] Statements not recieved after address change, remove late Payments

[ ] This account was included in my bankruptcy

[ ] This account is not closed

[ ] Too old to be on file, please remove

[ ] Terms are incorrect

[ ] Creditor Agreed to Remove Charges and/or or Fees

[ ] Creditor agreed to remove this account from my file

[ ] Fraudulent Charges were made n my account

[ ] This account is settled

[ ] This account has been transferred to another lender

[ ] This account was closed by consumer

[ ] Account contains multiple inaccuracies and errors. Please verify all data for accuracy

[ ] I have Active Duty Military Status

[ ] Account is deffered

[ ] Credit Limit/ High Balance is incorrect

[ ] Contract has been cancelled

[ ] Account is involved int litigation

Then the final part:

(1) Have you disputed this account with TransUnion in the last 120 days? [ ] Yes [ ] No

(2) If yes, please provide any additional comments documentation or attachments.

-------------------------------

So any thoughts on which of the reasons I should select or anyones experience regarding the success or failure timeline on the negative being removed based on the investigation reason that someone selected etc. I definitely have my thoughts on just selecting the exact reasons because of how accurate that would be but I dont want to shoot myself in the foot if selecting certain dispute reasons are more difficult than others.

Thanks again and sorry for the long repeat post!!

bb

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/ashford5/media/TU%20%20FedLoan%20Dispute%203.18.17%201%20%20copy_zpstm11huiz.jpeg.html

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/ashford5/media/TU%2022%20FedLoan%20Dispute%20Reasons%203.18.17%2022%20%20copy_zpszdomh3a1.jpeg.html

After much trial & more error, I thought finally had the screenshot(s) show up! They are visible in editor but they are not able to be seen when i submit post <_<

I can EITHER :

Check 1 Ownership Reason in "Investigate Ownership" Column:

[ ] I have No Knowledge of this Account

[ ] This is Not My Account, it belongs to a relative

[ ] I am no longer liable for this account

[ ] No longer liable per divorce decree

[ ] Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account

[ ] This account was fraudulently opened by someone who stole my identity.

OR

Select Up to 2 of the Accuracy Reasons in the "Investigate Accuracy" Column:

[ ] Balance is incorrect

[ ] Insurance paid this account, Remove Late Payments

[ ] Statements not recieved after address change, remove late Payments

[ ] This account was included in my bankruptcy

[ ] This account is not closed

[ ] Too old to be on file, please remove

[ ] Terms are incorrect

[ ] Creditor Agreed to Remove Charges and/or or Fees

[ ] Creditor agreed to remove this account from my file

[ ] Fraudulent Charges were made n my account

[ ] This account is settled

[ ] This account has been transferred to another lender

[ ] This account was closed by consumer

[ ] Account contains multiple inaccuracies and errors. Please verify all data for accuracy

[ ] I have Active Duty Military Status

[ ] Account is deffered

[ ] Credit Limit/ High Balance is incorrect

[ ] Contract has been cancelled

[ ] Account is involved int litigation

Then the final part:

(1) Have you disputed this account with TransUnion in the last 120 days? [ ] Yes [ ] No

(2) If yes, please provide any additional comments documentation or attachments.

-------------------------------

So any thoughts on which of the reasons I should select or anyones experience regarding the success or failure timeline on the negative being removed based on the investigation reason that someone selected etc. I definitely have my thoughts on just selecting the exact reasons because of how accurate that would be but I dont want to shoot myself in the foot if selecting certain dispute reasons are more difficult than others.

Thanks again and sorry for the long repeat post!!

bb

Yep.. That didn't work!!! :angry:

Disputed my old 120 late mortgage which had a DoFD of 5/2010 because I was so eager to get it removed. eq did not budge when asked to remove early. I knew not to dispute based on my own judgement but ignored that and did it anys. It was disputed as "not liable" and in the comments section "Too old to be reporting. Obsolete".

Yeah....it came bask as verifed and tanked me by 60 points. Now, I have to hope this thing falls off in April. Any suggestions?? Thanks to who suggested that :blush2:

Your FICO dropped by 60 points or are you looking at FAKO on CK? EQ in my experience has always been one month prior to dropping off. I'd try again April 1st or the following business day.

Definitely my FICO dropped 60 points. Went from a 704 to a 654. Will it drop off on its own in April or do I have to initiate that? So far, when I've called they have always stated it will drop off in May -- no mention of April. I'm hoping that my current creditors don't SP me see this drop and take AA on me. That would suck since I worked hard to rebuild and established the credit and lines that I have.

What did they do that cause the score to drop??? It doesn't make any sense to me if the late was already there. But technically it should April 1st if you call them and get your points back (not sure if all 60 points will come back).

Finally, that baddie item fell off this morning. I received all of my points back, plus 1. (EQ is 705). :yahoo:

So TU has an account that says should be deleted 6/2018.

So can I do the obsolete dispute on 12/2017.

Also I have an account with removal date 11/2018.

DOFD 1/2012.

MA has a SOL of 6 years so this is out of SOL.

So I can ask for deletion on 5/2018.

Am I correct.

Hey all.

Thanks!

Early deletions are at the discretion of the CSR, so don't get into an argument with them. If you get an uncooperative CSR, just say "thank you", hang up, and call again.

So TU has an account that says should be deleted 6/2018.

So can I do the obsolete dispute on 12/2017.

Also I have an account with removal date 11/2018.

DOFD 1/2012.

MA has a SOL of 6 years so this is out of SOL.

So I can ask for deletion on 5/2018.

Am I correct.

Negatory, ghost rider.

On the first one, 5/2017 is seven years from what TU thinks the DoFD is - but they're often wrong (and not in your favor). Find out the actual DoFD, and work from that date.

On the second item - 2012 plus 6 years = 2018. You're not in the clear for another 10 months - keep your head down till 2/2018. You can start asking for an early deletion in 9/2018

Edited by JeffeVerde

I submitted online for 3 items to be deleted from TU due to age 5/2/17. Low and behold I logged in yesterday 5/5/17 on Wallethub and they are all gone. I’m so happy, these 3 were deleted from TU.

1. BAC Home Loans – date to be removed 11/17
  2. GM Financial – date to be removed 11/17
  3. WellsFargoDealerSvcs – date to be removed – 10/17

How long will it take for my score to reflect these 3 obsolete items?

I submitted online for 3 items to be deleted from TU due to age 5/2/17. Low and behold I logged in yesterday 5/5/17 on Wallethub and they are all gone. I’m so happy, these 3 were deleted from TU.

• BAC Home Loans – date to be removed 11/17
  • GM Financial – date to be removed 11/17
  • WellsFargoDealerSvcs – date to be removed – 10/17
fd727130cb5c1be1626337cdf48ccffa.jpg

Edited by purplegurl1920

Nice PG.

I'm not sure how long... do you have access to your FICO scores?

1. BAC Home Loans – date to be removed 11/17
  2. GM Financial – date to be removed 11/17
  3. WellsFargoDealerSvcs – date to be removed – 10/17

FICO scores update immediately with any change.

Depending on your file, you may actually see your TU score go down due to these removals, or stay the same. They were so old their impact was low. If you have a newer, thin file, you may have taken a big hit to AAOA. Still a huge positive, and any step back will result in larger gains going forward.