Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

Worked for me....., it was the only box that made sense to me , if you are disputing online you must check a box and if it's too old to be reporting then no longer liable seemed right to me I wasn't going to check not mine.

I just disputed as obsolete online with Equifax using the same method... It's only been a couple days... Will find out soon enough.... Crossing fingers...

What were the results of your dispute?

It's been over a month and I have been checking the Equifax Results online and it still says "PENDING" Not sure what to make of it..... I have not received anything via email as I check send results via email option. Going to check again today... I started the dispute 1/29 and it said the completion should be by 2/28 (estimated). Nothing yet!!

Did you use a free annual credit report number when you disputed?

EQ is the worst with obsolete disputes. They seem to hang on to everything until the last minute.

I was able to get EX to delete 3 months early with a phone call.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Worked for me....., it was the only box that made sense to me , if you are disputing online you must check a box and if it's too old to be reporting then no longer liable seemed right to me I wasn't going to check not mine.

I just disputed as obsolete online with Equifax using the same method... It's only been a couple days... Will find out soon enough.... Crossing fingers...

It's been over a month and I have been checking the Equifax Results online and it still says "PENDING" Not sure what to make of it..... I have not received anything via email as I check send results via email option. Going to check again today... I started the dispute 1/29 and it said the completion should be by 2/28 (estimated). Nothing yet!!

Geez. At this point, that would qualify for removal since 30 days has passed. If this was a mailed in dispute, I believe they give an extra 15 days for transit time.

I was able to get EX to delete 3 months early with a phone call.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's EX and is expected. EQ is an entirely different animal.

Geez. At this point, that would qualify for removal since 30 days has passed. If this was a mailed in dispute, I believe they give an extra 15 days for transit time.

Not necessarily. If it was based on a free annual credit report number, they have 45 days.

Not necessarily. If it was based on a free annual credit report number, they have 45 days.

Good to know, definitely. Thanks.

Yep.. That didn't work!!! :angry:

Disputed my old 120 late mortgage which had a DoFD of 5/2010 because I was so eager to get it removed. eq did not budge when asked to remove early. I knew not to dispute based on my own judgement but ignored that and did it anys. It was disputed as "not liable" and in the comments section "Too old to be reporting. Obsolete".

Yeah....it came bask as verifed and tanked me by 60 points. Now, I have to hope this thing falls off in April. Any suggestions?? Thanks to who suggested that :blush2:

Your FICO dropped by 60 points or are you looking at FAKO on CK? EQ in my experience has always been one month prior to dropping off. I'd try again April 1st or the following business day.

Definitely my FICO dropped 60 points. Went from a 704 to a 654. Will it drop off on its own in April or do I have to initiate that? So far, when I've called they have always stated it will drop off in May -- no mention of April. I'm hoping that my current creditors don't SP me see this drop and take AA on me. That would suck since I worked hard to rebuild and established the credit and lines that I have.

What did they do that cause the score to drop??? It doesn't make any sense to me if the late was already there. But technically it should April 1st if you call them and get your points back (not sure if all 60 points will come back).

Disputed my old 120 late mortgage which had a DoFD of 5/2010 because I was so eager to get it removed. eq did not budge when asked to remove early. I knew not to dispute based on my own judgement but ignored that and did it anys. It was disputed as "not liable" and in the comments section "Too old to be reporting. Obsolete".

Yeah....it came bask as verifed and tanked me by 60 points. Now, I have to hope this thing falls off in April. Any suggestions?? Thanks to who suggested that :blush2:

Your FICO dropped by 60 points or are you looking at FAKO on CK? EQ in my experience has always been one month prior to dropping off. I'd try again April 1st or the following business day.

Definitely my FICO dropped 60 points. Went from a 704 to a 654. Will it drop off on its own in April or do I have to initiate that? So far, when I've called they have always stated it will drop off in May -- no mention of April. I'm hoping that my current creditors don't SP me see this drop and take AA on me. That would suck since I worked hard to rebuild and established the credit and lines that I have.

What did they do that cause the score to drop??? It doesn't make any sense to me if the late was already there. But technically it should April 1st if you call them and get your points back (not sure if all 60 points will come back).

May have been my fault. I disputed it but then realized the dispute comments would hinder any mortgage lender to pull my report so I called in to have the dispute comments removed. I asked over and over again if this would update the status date. The eq agent said no. Should have known better but I went ahead with it anyways. The removal of the comments updated the status date.

AA is highly unlikely in the absence of new derogatory accounts. They review what going on with your accounts not just scores. They know the flu season can cause credit scores to drop.

I found out something info while researching so I'll start another thread -- hoping to get some insight. Turns out the old mortgage on my report was transferred to green tree. Since this is being disputed and the account was transferred from the OC, and the now current holder of it is not reporting, the OC line item should get removed, correct?

I found out something info while researching so I'll start another thread -- hoping to get some insight. Turns out the old mortgage on my report was transferred to green tree. Since this is being disputed and the account was transferred from the OC, and the now current holder of it is not reporting, the OC line item should get removed, correct?

No.

I also thought No

I think it would come back verified because if the OC can locate and also know that it was transferred, I'd imagine that is all that is required to make it "verified".

Just because something was transferred doesn't mean that the account should be deleted.

You need to deal with these individually.

EQ is the worst with obsolete disputes. They seem to hang on to everything until the last minute.

No , I did it online just to see if I could get it removed via early exclusion , using too old to report........ It's coming off anyways in Sept...

No , I did it online just to see if I could get it removed via early exclusion , using too old to report........ It's coming off anyways in Sept...

Then the clock for disputes doesn't matter much. Either they will or will not remove it early.

You are a few months early for EQ IMO.

Wife has a collection on her TU that is falling off on 5/17. What is the best way to try and get an early delete on this? EX doesn't list the "on record until" date for the same collection. And I'm not sure what EQ has listed.

Links for doing this online (backdoor) or wording when calling in and talking to a rep would be very helpful. Thank you everyone!

I see that the online option for deleting a CA TL that is 7yrs past DOFD isn't an option so was going to send the request via snail mail, can I request in the letter that they also mail me a hard copy of my credit report?

Well I finally got my results back from EQ... No early exclusion... No score drop either so that's good. I will have to wait it out a few more months....

I see that the online option for deleting a CA TL that is 7yrs past DOFD isn't an option so was going to send the request via snail mail, can I request in the letter that they also mail me a hard copy of my credit report?

TU shows I have the following estimated removals.

3/2017 - 2 TL's

4/2017 - 6 TL's

5/2017 - 1 TL's

Would you suggest calling or sending a letter to request all? I'm hesitant to send a letter for any other than the two in 3/2017 since I don't want them to verify.

3/2017 - 2 TL's

4/2017 - 6 TL's

5/2017 - 1 TL's

Would you suggest calling or sending a letter to request all? I'm hesitant to send a letter for any other than the two in 3/2017 since I don't want them to verify.

Call right now, all of them should be removed.

3/2017 - 2 TL's

4/2017 - 6 TL's

5/2017 - 1 TL's

Call right now, all of them should be removed.

Great, I'll call TU on Monday. Thanks!

Backdoor still shows JH Portfolio on my wife's TU/EX reports. Has a fall off date of 5/17. EX is still pending, TU doesn't show its pending or anything. Should we continue to wait on them, or could she call again to have it removed early? Thanks.

Edited by Jasso20

Backdoor still shows JH Portfolio on my wife's TU/EX reports. Has a fall off date of 5/17. EX is still pending, TU doesn't show its pending or anything. Should we continue to wait on them, or could she call again to have it removed early? Thanks.

I'd call.