Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

I would check no longer liable for this account and in the box type in the other wording.

Recipe for disaster as that would certainly require them to reach out and update the status date.

I had a negative on my report with TU a few weeks ago that was scheduled to come off exactly 6 months from now. I disputed online as too old and it fell off the next day. Got me 1 point increase lol. I'll take what I can get !

I would check no longer liable for this account and in the box type in the other wording.

Recipe for disaster as that would certainly require them to reach out and update the status date.

My experience with this is it always came back as "We verified this account belongs to you."

Worked for me....., it was the only box that made sense to me , if you are disputing online you must check a box and if it's too old to be reporting then no longer liable seemed right to me I wasn't going to check not mine.

Worked for me....., it was the only box that made sense to me , if you are disputing online you must check a box and if it's too old to be reporting then no longer liable seemed right to me I wasn't going to check not mine.

I just disputed as obsolete online with Equifax using the same method... It's only been a couple days... Will find out soon enough.... Crossing fingers...

Have account set to be removed 8/17. Disputed online yesterday with TU, EQ (ehh?), and EX. If none work I'll try calling into EX on the 15th. If still no luck. I'll be back at it again on March 1st!

Have account set to be removed 8/17. Disputed online yesterday with TU, EQ (ehh?), and EX. If none work I'll try calling into EX on the 15th. If still no luck. I'll be back at it again on March 1st!

TU will most likely remove it. EQ may wait until the month before 7 years after DoFD. Good luck.

The other factor is if the item had a balance or not. I've heard this play a role in whether or not EQ removes the TL early.

I just wanted to pop in with a question for everyone getting EE's with EX.

A charge off that is listed on DH reports has a DOFD on 6/2010. On EX report it says it will stay on until 3/2017.

I have called 7 darn times and keep getting told the earliest they can remove is the date listed, 3/2017. They say that this date is considered an early exclusion.

DH is going to be financing a car this month and this is his only baddie. I think it would boost him significantly with it being deleted. Should I keep calling or ask for a supervisor(respectfully?) I am distraught that I am not getting a positive result!

Thanks!!

I just wanted to pop in with a question for everyone getting EE's with EX.

A charge off that is listed on DH reports has a DOFD on 6/2010. On EX report it says it will stay on until 3/2017.

I have called 7 darn times and keep getting told the earliest they can remove is the date listed, 3/2017. They say that this date is considered an early exclusion.

DH is going to be financing a car this month and this is his only baddie. I think it would boost him significantly with it being deleted. Should I keep calling or ask for a supervisor(respectfully?) I am distraught that I am not getting a positive result!

Thanks!!

Keep calling u just need to get the right Rep i had a address on EX tied to my last baddie i just kept calling until i got a Rep who removed it. Never give up. And to add if they don't remove it i would wait March is not far away.

Edited by bigpoppa09

I just got notification that my online dispute with TU resulted in 3 deletions and one negative account flipping to be positive. The baddies deleted were BK13, due to drop 7/17, and two IIB revolving accounts also scheduled to report to 7/2017. The account that went positive was a Line of Credit that was also IIB and scheduled to report to 10/17 but now has dropped the IIB and CH13 notes and now shows closed, current, paid or paying as agreed.

And now for the first time in memory, i have a CLEAN TU report!

And now for the first time in memory, i have a CLEAN TU report!

Looks like i got a +43 to my TU FICO score. I'll take that =)

TU: I did 7 online disputes for COs with the "too old" option. All had a DOFD from June to August 2010 and were deleted within hours (4 to 6 months early).

Since there is no "too old" option for collections, I disputed the TLs via regular mail. All three were gone two weeks later (3 to 6 months early).

TU: I did 7 online disputes for COs with the "too old" option. All had a DOFD from June to August 2010 and were deleted within hours (4 to 6 months early).

Since there is no "too old" option for collections, I disputed the TLs via regular mail. All three were gone two weeks later (3 to 6 months early).

What did snail mail dispute say?

Just gave my name, date of birth social security number

I recently reviewed my credit file number ******** and noticed that the following accounts are beyond the legal reporting period.

I recently reviewed my credit file number ******** and noticed that the following accounts are beyond the legal reporting period.

Thanks for the reply

Heres a question you (or anyone else) may be able to answer...

I paid OC (Comcast) sent letter to Stellar treating to sue if they didnt remove it and also disputed with Trans, EQ, and EX.. Two came off and it stuck on TU. Did I reset date of first delinquency by paying OC? Was scheduled to drop off in September.. In march would be with TU's 6 week window.. dropping off 2 reports is great but really am shooting from the trifecta

Thanks for the reply

Heres a question you (or anyone else) may be able to answer...

I paid OC (Comcast) sent letter to Stellar treating to sue if they didnt remove it and also disputed with Trans, EQ, and EX.. Two came off and it stuck on TU. Did I reset date of first delinquency by paying OC? Was scheduled to drop off in September.. In march would be with TU's 6 week window.. dropping off 2 reports is great but really am shooting from the trifecta

If the item was charged off already and went to collections.... No your DOFD should not have been reset....

I hit up TU last week to test the Obsolete Delete waters a bit:

- BOA mortgage, IIB, 8 months out of falling off. Removed almost immediately

- Sync/Lowes, IIB, 9 months from falling off. Was pending, changed to "needing additional manual processing" this morning.

I'd never disputed the mortgage, but I had disputed the Lowes account about a year ago.

Well, that wasn't what I'd expected for the Lowes account. They deleted the entire payment history, but nothing else has changed...

Since I had luck with TU on the IIB mortgage at 8 months EE, I decided to take another swing at a group of 5 that are 8 months out (I left the Lowes account alone since I'd just disputed it a a month and a half ago).

5 minutes after kicking off the EED, 3 of the 5 items already showed completed. Now I've got to wait a month for the other 2 to process before I get the results. Hopefully the 3 that have already been completed are gone :fingerscrossed:

The 5 accounts include 2 store cards, 1 unsecured medical loan, and 2 car loans. It'll be interesting to see if there's any rhyme or reason to what they remove (if any at all).

ETA: I just noticed that 3 of the 5 hadn't reported since 2011, but the other two updated last month. Hmm.... I'm wondering if there's a pattern here.

Edited by clc222

I just disputed as obsolete online with Equifax using the same method... It's only been a couple days... Will find out soon enough.... Crossing fingers...

What were the results of your dispute?

I hit up TU last week to test the Obsolete Delete waters a bit:

- BOA mortgage, IIB, 8 months out of falling off. Removed almost immediately

- Sync/Lowes, IIB, 9 months from falling off. Was pending, changed to "needing additional manual processing" this morning.

I'd never disputed the mortgage, but I had disputed the Lowes account about a year ago.

Well, that wasn't what I'd expected for the Lowes account. They deleted the entire payment history, but nothing else has changed...

Since I had luck with TU on the IIB mortgage at 8 months EE, I decided to take another swing at a group of 5 that are 8 months out (I left the Lowes account alone since I'd just disputed it a a month and a half ago).

5 minutes after kicking off the EED, 3 of the 5 items already showed completed. Now I've got to wait a month for the other 2 to process before I get the results. Hopefully the 3 that have already been completed are gone :fingerscrossed:

The 5 accounts include 2 store cards, 1 unsecured medical loan, and 2 car loans. It'll be interesting to see if there's any rhyme or reason to what they remove (if any at all).

ETA: I just noticed that 3 of the 5 hadn't reported since 2011, but the other two updated last month. Hmm.... I'm wondering if there's a pattern here.

Grrrr -- WH shows that a single closed account has been removed. It said I had 34 closed accounts yesterday, and it shows 33 closed accounts today. Unfortunately, I'm still counting 34 closed accounts in the list, so it's not telling me which one got dropped.

....and my fako dropped by one point :lol:

I get my 3b CCT pull on Saturday. We'll see what it has to say.

Yep.. That didn't work!!! :angry:

Disputed my old 120 late mortgage which had a DoFD of 5/2010 because I was so eager to get it removed. eq did not budge when asked to remove early. I knew not to dispute based on my own judgement but ignored that and did it anys. It was disputed as "not liable" and in the comments section "Too old to be reporting. Obsolete".

Yeah....it came bask as verifed and tanked me by 60 points. Now, I have to hope this thing falls off in April. Any suggestions?? Thanks to who suggested that :blush2:

Edited by Ybme

Disputed my old 120 late mortgage which had a DoFD of 5/2010 because I was so eager to get it removed. eq did not budge when asked to remove early. I knew not to dispute based on my own judgement but ignored that and did it anys. It was disputed as "not liable" and in the comments section "Too old to be reporting. Obsolete".

Yeah....it came bask as verifed and tanked me by 60 points. Now, I have to hope this thing falls off in April. Any suggestions?? Thanks to who suggested that :blush2:

Your FICO dropped by 60 points or are you looking at FAKO on CK? EQ in my experience has always been one month prior to dropping off. I'd try again April 1st or the following business day.

Edited by whipped

Your FICO dropped by 60 points or are you looking at FAKO on CK? EQ in my experience has always been one month prior to dropping off. I'd try again April 1st or the following business day.

Definitely my FICO dropped 60 points. Went from a 704 to a 654. Will it drop off on its own in April or do I have to initiate that? So far, when I've called they have always stated it will drop off in May -- no mention of April. I'm hoping that my current creditors don't SP me see this drop and take AA on me. That would suck since I worked hard to rebuild and established the credit and lines that I have.

Edited by Ybme

What were the results of your dispute?

It's been over a month and I have been checking the Equifax Results online and it still says "PENDING" Not sure what to make of it..... I have not received anything via email as I check send results via email option. Going to check again today... I started the dispute 1/29 and it said the completion should be by 2/28 (estimated). Nothing yet!!