Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

I'm still waiting on EQ to finish my obsolete dispute that I discussed a few posts ago. I'm bummed because I didn't think they would take long than EX, who deleted within a day!

I'm in the same boat. Ex deleted within 6 hours. Eq is taking over a week with the dispute results. One didn't make obsolete and was verified.

For EX, was that the one from April via chat? Did you have any luck with the one from May?

Both gone. One left at feb 2015 on ex. April gone through chat. May one, disputed, came back verified then chat deleted.

Edited by Jlpaca

question;

I have a student loan late that was simply reported as 120 days late on my 3 reports in sept 2007.

I am not sure if that means I can start disputing now as obsolete or do I have to wait until March? That is, is it based on the day it first went late (i.e. 120 days before sept) or is it based on sept since it is reported as simply 120 days late?

question;

I have a student loan late that was simply reported as 120 days late on my 3 reports in sept 2007.

I am not sure if that means I can start disputing now as obsolete or do I have to wait until March? That is, is it based on the day it first went late (i.e. 120 days before sept) or is it based on sept since it is reported as simply 120 days late?

What is the status of the loan? Are you still paying on it or is it closed?

There are unintended consequences for disputing something like this. They will not remove the lates but there is a chance that they would remove the entire trade line. My recommendation is just let it be. 7 year old lates are not effecting your FICO very much. It will still list as a negative and if may prevent you from getting a prime card in some cases but I would just leave it. Once it hits the fall off date, the history will disappear and you will be left with a positive trade line.

thanks for the feedback futurehomeowner

it is an open loan that i continue to pay on- and probably will for the next 20 years. unfortunately this is my only baddie on all 3 reports. i currently have roughly 7 open credit cards, a new open home loan, and a pretty new open car loan. if they were to wipe this entire tl away, i wouldnt be too sad although there is a lot of history to go with it.(note i have some old closed TLs as well still reporting that are older). experian's website says that it will 'remain on my report until march 2014' - so i assumed they would just take away the late?

Also I have been reading about the experian chat and attempted this, but never got the chat window to load. would firefox work? maybe im not on the right screen for that chat to pop up?

Also I have been reading about the experian chat and attempted this, but never got the chat window to load. would firefox work? maybe im not on the right screen for that chat to pop up?

yes, the chat screen works on firefox.

Click on the tradeline you want to dispute to display the details. Then just let it sit there. Eventually, a chat window will show up.

Thank you so much for this thread!!! So much helpful information!! After reading through and seeing everyone else's success I did and online dispute with TU. This morning I received an email from them and 7 items have been deleted!!!! I've listed the types of debt and fall off dates below for you

• CH 13 BK- 07/14
  • CO (BOA) 09/14
  • CO (Cap1) 07/14
  • Auto loan 04/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • JBD 06/14

There's one more that I thought I had disputed but I guess I overlooked that one, I guess I will be calling them to get that one deleted too. I'm so excited. I did not get a chance to dispute EQ and EX yet. I had trouble accessing the online dispute center with EX yesterday so I will try again today.

When you call and have the dispute removed from the trade line, is that still knowledge to the rep that you attempt to dispute with in the future? Seems like once they see it has been disputed before, they won't help.

I just jumped on this bandwagon for a few that will fall off within 6 months.

3 on EQ and TU.

Experian must have me blacklisted online or something, they wouldn't even allow me to purchase a credit report to get a #.

AND I'm a member of their reporting services, they are exponentially purple I swear it.

Called EX tonight because I couldn't get into the dispute center to try chat. Nice girl, deleted one right on the phone. However she wouldn't delete Citi... Here's a strange thing though. I have the EX report that says due to fall pdf MAR 2014. She said May. I told her the report I had dated Feb. 6th says March. She tells me Citi changed it just recently? What? How is that possible??

Update: Received an email with the "results of my dispute", a.k.a. phone call.

Citi. 3/14 - deleted

Merrick 3/14 - deleted

They are off TU and EX now and currently in dispute with EQ.

Thank you so much for this thread!!! So much helpful information!! After reading through and seeing everyone else's success I did and online dispute with TU. This morning I received an email from them and 7 items have been deleted!!!! I've listed the types of debt and fall off dates below for you

• CH 13 BK- 07/14
  • CO (BOA) 09/14
  • CO (Cap1) 07/14
  • Auto loan 04/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • JBD 06/14

There's one more that I thought I had disputed but I guess I overlooked that one, I guess I will be calling them to get that one deleted too. I'm so excited. I did not get a chance to dispute EQ and EX yet. I had trouble accessing the online dispute center with EX yesterday so I will try again today.

Were these paid or not? I have a Cap 1 unpaid that reports every month, but past SOL.

• CH 13 BK- 07/14
  • CO (BOA) 09/14
  • CO (Cap1) 07/14
  • Auto loan 04/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • JBD 06/14

Were these paid or not? I have a Cap 1 unpaid that reports every month, but past SOL.

SOL doesn't make a difference here, these are close to the 7 year DofD mark and TU has been deleting about 6 months out from that mark.

just to confirm as well. some people are saying "mines fell off after a dispute within 6 months from time" to clarify how that 6 months is calculated.

In my case, there is no dofd on the report, but i have a 120 day late mark listed in sept 2014. experian has a mark that says "due to fall off march 2014"

would my dispute fall in a reasonable time to dispute? or are most of you waiting until after the march date given (in my case)

• CH 13 BK- 07/14
  • CO (BOA) 09/14
  • CO (Cap1) 07/14
  • Auto loan 04/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • JBD 06/14

SOL doesn't make a difference here, these are close to the 7 year DofD mark and TU has been deleting about 6 months out from that mark.

I'm trying to figure out if they are more likely to delete if they are paid.

Anyone know how long eq disputes usually take? I disputed with them about 2 weeks ago for obsoletes and they are still pending.

Anyone know how long eq disputes usually take? I disputed with them about 2 weeks ago for obsoletes and they are still pending.

Mine as well - I disputed on Feb 13. :(

I can't believe they would be slower than EX. What b*tches. :angry:

• CH 13 BK- 07/14
  • CO (BOA) 09/14
  • CO (Cap1) 07/14
  • Auto loan 04/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • CO (cc) 07/14
  • JBD 06/14

I'm trying to figure out if they are more likely to delete if they are paid.

No they weren't paid.

just to confirm as well. some people are saying "mines fell off after a dispute within 6 months from time" to clarify how that 6 months is calculated.

In my case, there is no dofd on the report, but i have a 120 day late mark listed in sept 2014. experian has a mark that says "due to fall off march 2014"

would my dispute fall in a reasonable time to dispute? or are most of you waiting until after the march date given (in my case)

EQ is the only report of mine that shows DOFD, the other two have a line like you mentioned "due to fall off..." So for your example, yours is due to fall off next month so I'm not sure you would even want to go through the trouble but for those that have the dates that are approaching in within the next six months which would be through September is you're counting from March I say go for it.

^^ thanks for the clarification

by the way, i finally got the experian chat to work. however they wouldnt even look at my request because I"m already with "special handling".. what ever that means.

Just so you all know, EX's online dispute system is coded such that the option to dispute as obsolete only appears if they are willing to delete it, if you choose it. At least it used to be.. what I mean is, the code specifies that if the TL is within a certain amoutn of time of the expected deletion date, then that option appears on your dispute screen. If it's not, it won't appear.

In my experience, if it appears, then that means you should use it no matter WHAT your real 'issue' is with the TL, because EX *WILL* delete it. (Usually within a day or two).

Otherwise the option won't appear at all.

This was true as of a couple of years ago at least, and I've never had anyone tell me that it didn't work yet.

Edited by GonnaGetEm