Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

No one here calls it that. That's why we were confused.

I count among my friends several electrical engineers who may also take issue.

understood.. I saw that in a previous post.. Either way was able to get a few things removed from TU yesterday.. Not sure i did it correctly though.. Am I just disputing it over the phone or am I looking to have CSR remove it immediately? It seemed like he just put in a dispute.. I thought they'd go in and handle it in the moment.. Just curious..

Also will other CRA follow TU's lead or will I have to contact them individually?

understood.. I saw that in a previous post.. Either way was able to get a few things removed from TU yesterday.. Not sure i did it correctly though.. Am I just disputing it over the phone or am I looking to have CSR remove it immediately? It seemed like he just put in a dispute.. I thought they'd go in and handle it in the moment.. Just curious..

Also will other CRA follow TU's lead or will I have to contact them individually?

I did all of my early obsolete disputes online (this is one of the few types of disputes that we do not strongly suggest be done in writing).

The thread you are posing in is a compendium of all of the information that you need to be successful. Set aside 10 minutes and read the whole thing.

Edited by cv91915

IME they always put in a dispute, but if it's eligible for early delete, it'll be gone anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days later.

IME they always put in a dispute, but if it's eligible for early delete, it'll be gone anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days later.

Thank you

i wanted to show pictures but can't seem to figure out how to attach them so ill do my best to describe situation..

have a Target Account that was opened in 2005... think it closed around 07.. was last updated in 2011 but i feel first delinquency was in 2006 or 2007.. How can I confirm? Its not listed on other reports so I have no reference other than whats on report.. Should I just call and ask them to remove it as obsolete or is there something else/ other info I need to increase my chances of success.. The report I am working on is Experian..

Just tried my only baddy on my reports. Last payment was 2/2010 on transunion called and lady said she can't delete until then becouse of it being a forcloser 0 ballace owed on the account. Should I just do a TU online obsolete?

EX 2/2010 1st call stated Nov.16 and stated that's what the fall off date is. called back and next call stated oct16.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Boooo. I asked EX for an early delete and they said the date on my report IS the early delete. Boo hoo hoo.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ask for a supervisor.

Boooo. I asked EX for an early delete and they said the date on my report IS the early delete. Boo hoo hoo.

Ask for a supervisor.

Called back today. They deleted it with no problem. No supervisor. Go figure.

Just tried my only baddy on my reports. Last payment was 2/2010 on transunion called and lady said she can't delete until then becouse of it being a forcloser 0 ballace owed on the account. Should I just do a TU online obsolete?

EX 2/2010 1st call stated Nov.16 and stated that's what the fall off date is. called back and next call stated oct16.

Went online and got my 1baddie off TU the doft is 2/10 deleted within 2 hours.

I keep trying EX by phone same baddie doft is 2/10 and my paper report says 2/10 but expect to drop off 11/16. I keep trying and they all state 11/16 and some say 10/16. What to do with this one? My only baddie

So I checked my Experian and it says that some JDB is due to fall off in December. I know I heard it was 3 months early for EX. I tried to dispute it as obsolete on experians website but it wouldnt let me since I put a dispute on it previously. Am I able to do it over the phone?

So I checked my Experian and it says that some JDB is due to fall off in December. I know I heard it was 3 months early for EX. I tried to dispute it as obsolete on experians website but it wouldnt let me since I put a dispute on it previously. Am I able to do it over the phone?

I can't remember if Experian let me do it, but I had an easier time with disputes over the phone.

Worth a shot.

Call and ask. If it's not an open dispute they can remove the remark.

Then ask for early delete.

Hey,

I have a Omni closed sept 2010 TU only can't remember DOFD because there is no payment history, I would assume I need a hard copy to see that but it is currently a CO and due to fall off next year I'm trying to get a house now. Should I let it fall off naturally or is there anything that I can do to immediately handle this account?

Thanks in advance

Have had no luck with phone calls trying to get 2 chases off that my paper report says are coming off EX in october. when i pressed the CSR for when in october she said the 19th is the date that most things come off. Not sure of the accuracy of her info. Will try again Oct 1 for kicks.

I have a baddy mortgage on my TU file with comments of "in partial payment agreement" that's due to fall off in April 2017. Should I chance a EE with TU or wait til October?

Have had no luck with phone calls trying to get 2 chases off that my paper report says are coming off EX in october. when i pressed the CSR for when in october she said the 19th is the date that most things come off. Not sure of the accuracy of her info. Will try again Oct 1 for kicks.

I only have 1 baddie left on EX. My paper report says November to fall off. I've been calling since the end of August to get it deleted and each time the rep. says I have to wait until November and then half of them say to call in October and they will remove it. Just keep calling

Just got my last baddie off my EX report doft 2/10 . Paper report said November 2016 fall off date. I have been calling since August and 80% said November is the earliest and 20% said try in October and maybe we can. I called 1 to 2 times a week. So happy that was a very bad baddie finally clean. Thanks CB

Just got my last baddie off my EX report doft 2/10 . Paper report said November 2016 fall off date. I have been calling since August and 80% said November is the earliest and 20% said try in October and maybe we can. I called 1 to 2 times a week. So happy that was a very bad baddie finally clean. Thanks CB

Persistence pays off!

Persistence pays off!
Yes it does!!

Also just thought I would share this with everyone, I don't know if it luck or just a better chance of getting something removed off EX.

When calling call at the end of the day 4:50

And it seems as guy reps. are more willing to remove stuff or help you more. Also my 2 times I've had EX remove stuff for me has been late Thursday and Friday.

1st. Time Fri. 5/20/16 Called at 4:45 - 4:55

Was a PR and a collection I disputed 3 months prior. Called and said I disputed both in Feb. 16

and the PR is still on my report and was never verified and told the Rep. that the collection was removed but put back on report 3 weeks ago. Rep. Stated hang on and in 1 min says ok it will be removed in the next 24-48 hours. Checked my report that next morning removed.

2nd. Time Thur. 9/22/16 Called at 4:50

A foreclosure 27,000 org. bal. Owed $0 with 30, 60 and 120 lates with a doft of 2/10. The worst thing ever on my report. Started calling mid August and would tell the Rep. The same story of " I called back in June to have a item on my credit report removed because I'm no longer liable for it and the Rep. told me to call in August and it would be eligible to be removed" I would call 1 to 4 times a week and on Thursday's and Friday's sometimes 3 times in 1 day back to back. Repeating the same thing each time and was always polite and courteous when they said no they couldn't remove it. I never asked for a supervisor because I just thought it would waste my time and just call and get a different Rep. that would hopefully do it. They would ask if I wanted to dispute it and I always sain NO.

Well that's my history with EX and what I've done and I don't know if it's a better shot with a guy Rep. or about calling when I did. But it worked for me and now I'm 100% clean. But I thought I would share my experience and hope it will help others. Good luck

I have a baddy mortgage on my TU file with comments of "in partial payment agreement" that's due to fall off in April 2017. Should I chance a EE with TU or wait til October?

Wait and call them at the beginning of October. If you do it now and it's not deleted by the next day you'll have to wait until the end of October to dispute it again.

Wait and call them at the beginning of October. If you do it now and it's not deleted by the next day you'll have to wait until the end of October to dispute it again.

Good deal. Thanks. I'll give them a shout Oct. 1 :good: