The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

futurehomeowner?

When EX does not show you love, they are HARSH.

Mail the request in with a copy of your report.

Honey vs vinegar...

I was just about to mail the request in to EX, but decided to hold off until after the 1st just to see if they'd delete on their own. Much to my surprise, I just logged in to CCT to run my three reports and the tradeline was deleted! Got a nice 20pt bump along with it.

Christmas miracles really do happen! :grin::angel:

On more than one occasion, I've had a CSR say "can't do it", only to find the item gone a few days later. With the CRA's, no doesn't always mean no -- sometimes it means "I'll do it, but I can't officially tell you that I'll do it"

I'm hoping that's what happened here...

Congrats. Thats great and a nice score jump to

I'm in the same boat as you, Liz, with my last DoFD's hitting 7 years in March and April. I had some luck with early deletes on EQ by disputing the last payment and DoFD on the accounts. I suspect EQ looked at the reported DoFD only 4 months away, and decided it wasn't worth the trouble of investigating.

ETA- TU 800 ? ! ? ! ? ! Did I miss the party? That's awesome, Liz! I bet you giggle every time you see that.

Edited by JeffeVerde

Yes, TU deleted early 6 mos so I am thinking of how to focus on those credit cards that use that. I believe that Citi will pull TU for some in NY if EX/EQ frozen so that is my next attempt.

I sent the info to EX as I am clearly right on Chase. They seem to have a hate on for me. I also applied for a chase card hoping that they might use TU but they insisted on EX...but they did not say blacklisted. I have a mortgage collection, current, on both EQ and EX so NO WAY I am using those CRAs but EX deletes 3/1, 3 mos early, stated by my rep and EQ may also delete if I am lucky. I already disputed it but I will try on line beg of March/ end of Feb along with my old mortgage. Does anyone know if EQ online early removals are the way to go??

I am getting down to the fine hairs and it is tough with all of these great sign on bonuses from Citi and Chase. However, given that my score was in the low 400's two years ago, I have made a lot of progress. Plus I have a load of new cards from the end of 2014 and a ten year AAOA. So if I am not BL, I am golden. BTW, only four HI on EX, all over a year old. Other CRAs have no HI.

Getting there, slowly. If EX removes Chase, I will only have the mortgage collection til beg of March. Joy to the world.

I got another March item off both EX and EQ by disputing as "Inaccurate last payment date, Inaccurate DoFD". Both results came back in less than 24 hours, so I strongly suspect the CRA's are simply deleting these almost-dead items, rather than bothering with a "real" investigation (to the extent that they actually investigate).

My EX is now pristine, and thanks to a lot of rebuilding in the past year, I jumped from 690 to 805 with this final deletion!

Many thanks, I have an EX DoFD 4.2009 which is in error ,should be 11.2008, but I guess I can ask to have it removed in early January. I have disputed it endlessly but they are counting a bounced check as a payment.

The EQ 6.2009 mortgage stuff I will go in and dispute as "too late to be reported" as I have already disputed it and they verified it this month already. EX is already deleting it scheduled March.

Then I can really rebuild with Chase and Citi but I will be missing all of these great bonus sign ons. Sigh.

However, to be clean by the beginning of March, if EQ will delete, will be heavenly.

Jeff, for what it is worth, after a long involved dispute letter with EX re Chase, they deleted it three months early (plus a week or so) as obsolete.

However, my CA/mortgage lists 6/30/09 as DoFD for last payment of 5/08/09 due 5/1/09. It should be no later than 6/01 when the last payment was due and never paid. Do you think I should write DoFD incorrect as it will forestall removal by a month (three months removal before DoFD).. perhaps dispute in Feb and they will throw in the towel? it is still an active collection (house is in foreclosure proceeding due to some crazy stuff which is why it is aging off before it even goes into court).

Crazy times. Hoping EQ will join the bandwagon on three months. I am so close to getting clean I can taste it.

BTW, I remember reading here that EX removes on the first Friday of the month indicated for removal. Does anyone /can anyone opine on that or remember that post? it was about a year ago, back in the dark ages of credit repair when it was too far away to cut and paste..

I called TU 30 minutes ago to see if I'd have any luck getting two collections deleted with DOFDs 6/09. The first rep said they would be removed next June O_o. So I called and hung up a few times until I got a rep whose greeting sat well with me(idk why but I just did). Anyway, the rep I chose said "Ok, no problem. Anything else I can help you with?" I was kind of shocked but managed to keep my cool, told him that was all and have a wonderful evening. Checked my TU report and they are gone!!! :dance: Those were 2/3 of the last collections. The other will need to wait to pass SOL. Thanks CB!!!

... These two just came back and verified yersterday, but thought is was worth a shot.

I called TU 30 minutes ago to see if I'd have any luck getting two collections deleted with DOFDs 6/09. The first rep said they would be removed next June O_o. So I called and hung up a few times until I got a rep whose greeting sat well with me(idk why but I just did). Anyway, the rep I chose said "Ok, no problem. Anything else I can help you with?" I was kind of shocked but managed to keep my cool, told him that was all and have a wonderful evening. Checked my TU report and they are gone!!! :dance: Those were 2/3 of the last collections. The other will need to wait to pass SOL. Thanks CB!!!

... These two just came back and verified yersterday, but thought is was worth a shot.

Congrats on your success. Thats great

As per my thread here: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=556840

are any of these chargeoffs worth disputing as obsolete or is it too early for me?:

Barkclays:

Date of Last Payment: Jan 20th 2009

Date to be Deleted: Jan 20th, 2016

Bank of America

Date of Last Payment: Apr 01, 2009

Date to be Deleted: April 1st, 2016

Barkclays:

Date of Last Payment: June 15th 2009

Date to be Deleted: June 15th, 2016

Bank of America

Date of Last Payment: Aug 01, 2009

Date to be Deleted: August 1, 2016

Chase

Date of Last Payment: Aug 11, 2009

Date to be Deleted: August 11, 2016

Barkclays:

Date of Last Payment: Aug 17, 2009

Date to be Deleted: August 17, 2016

Capital One

Date of Last Payment :Jan 07, 2010

Date to be Deleted: Jan 07, 2017

Congrats on your success. Thats great

Thank you. Previously I thought it was a process they had to go through, but all it takes are a few clicks.

As per my thread here: https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=556840

are any of these chargeoffs worth disputing as obsolete or is it too early for me?:

Barkclays:

Date of Last Payment: Jan 20th 2009

Date to be Deleted: Jan 20th, 2016

Bank of America

Date of Last Payment: Apr 01, 2009

Date to be Deleted: April 1st, 2016

Barkclays:

Date of Last Payment: June 15th 2009

Date to be Deleted: June 15th, 2016

Bank of America

Date of Last Payment: Aug 01, 2009

Date to be Deleted: August 1, 2016

Chase

Date of Last Payment: Aug 11, 2009

Date to be Deleted: August 11, 2016

Barkclays:

Date of Last Payment: Aug 17, 2009

Date to be Deleted: August 17, 2016

Capital One

Date of Last Payment :Jan 07, 2010

Date to be Deleted: Jan 07, 2017

You need to know the DoFD (date of first delinquency -- the date of the first payment you missed, after which you never brought the account current again). the FCRA restricts how long derogatory items can be reported, based on the DoFD. "Date to be Deleted" is an general indicator of what the CRA thinks the DoFD is, but it's not the same thing.

You'll find the DoFD on hardcopy versions of your credit reports, mailed to you by the CRA's. Do a lot more reading, and you'll see that one of the first steps in cleaning up your credit is to request PRINTED copies of your credit reports to be MAILED to you by each of the credit reporting agencies. The mailed copies have details you won't find on any other version (like DoFD).

Read through this entire thread, and you'll learn that TU generally deletes at DoFD + 6yrs6mos; EX at DoFD + 6yrs9mos; and EQ at DoFD + 7yrs.

Assuming your last payments were on time, then your DoFD's are about 30 days after each of the last payments (but you need to get your hardcopy reports to know the exact dates). Based on that assumption, the first Barclays can be disputed on all three, now. The first BOA can be disputed on TU now, and EX next month. The second Barclays can be disputed on TU in Feb, and on EX in May.

Thanks! Reading up now

You need to know the DoFD (date of first delinquency -- the date of the first payment you missed, after which you never brought the account current again). the FCRA restricts how long derogatory items can be reported, based on the DoFD. "Date to be Deleted" is an general indicator of what the CRA thinks the DoFD is, but it's not the same thing.

You'll find the DoFD on hardcopy versions of your credit reports, mailed to you by the CRA's. Do a lot more reading, and you'll see that one of the first steps in cleaning up your credit is to request PRINTED copies of your credit reports to be MAILED to you by each of the credit reporting agencies. The mailed copies have details you won't find on any other version (like DoFD).

Read through this entire thread, and you'll learn that TU generally deletes at DoFD + 6yrs6mos; EX at DoFD + 6yrs9mos; and EQ at DoFD + 7yrs.

Assuming your last payments were on time, then your DoFD's are about 30 days after each of the last payments (but you need to get your hardcopy reports to know the exact dates). Based on that assumption, the first Barclays can be disputed on all three, now. The first BOA can be disputed on TU now, and EX next month. The second Barclays can be disputed on TU in Feb, and on EX in May.

Has anyone tried this route with Innovis? I'm wondering at how many months left they might delete as obsolete.

I haven't tried.

But Innovis reports the fall off date 3 months early (6 yrs, 9 mo after DoFD) -- just like EX does.

I disputed in December an Innovis report trade line scheduled to fall off 04/16 (four months early) and it worked. The CSA didn't want to do it since it reported the 04/16 date, but I told them that date was wrong, please check with the reporter, and it worked. I'll try earlier next time.

Edited by Menta33

Since I got lucky with my last EX deletion, I decided to try my luck at two others on EQ and TU:

On 12/11/15, I disputed a CC CO with EQ (DoFD was 3/2009). They came back 1/1/16 and said they would not delete. Yesterday, I got an alert that my score increased - pulled the report and the CO was GONE from EQ. AND got a nice 47pt bump with EQ08! This "somewhat" early deletion by EQ along with the score bump made me spit out my whiskey in slow motion.

On 1/6/16, I disputed another collection account with TU (DoFD 7/2009). They came back one day later on 1/7/16 and said it was deleted. Checked the report and it was gone. Got a 23pt bump with TU08 on that one.

So uh, what's the requirements to be in the 700+ Club now? :grin:

It is still amazing to me to see my scores increase 120-160 points over what they were less than 8 months ago. Makes me giddy.

Since I got lucky with my last EX deletion, I decided to try my luck at two others on EQ and TU:

On 12/11/15, I disputed a CC CO with EQ (DoFD was 3/2009). They came back 1/1/16 and said they would not delete. Yesterday, I got an alert that my score increased - pulled the report and the CO was GONE from EQ. AND got a nice 47pt bump with EQ08! This "somewhat" early deletion by EQ along with the score bump made me spit out my whiskey in slow motion.

On 1/6/16, I disputed another collection account with TU (DoFD 7/2009). They came back one day later on 1/7/16 and said it was deleted. Checked the report and it was gone. Got a 23pt bump with TU08 on that one.

It is still amazing to me to see my scores increase 120-160 points over what they were less than 8 months ago. Makes me giddy.

Wow, I didn't think a derog with a DOFD three months out would give that much of an increase. That's awesome!

Do COs have more of a negative impact than collections?

Congrats. Thats is awesome. Way to go my friend

The whiskey spit-take description had me spilling my coffee this morning! :rofl: Great job with the early deletions and congrats on the score bumps!

Wow, I didn't think a derog with a DOFD three months out would give that much of an increase. That's awesome!

Do COs have more of a negative impact than collections?

My EQ went from 646 to 693 with the deletion of that CO. I think that's been my biggest single-event score boost to date. It shocked me to be honest, as most of the others averaged around 20 points per deletion. I wonder if the amount of the CO had something to do with it? This particular one was just over $10k. Most of the other CO I've had in the past were amounts much, much lower. I wonder if EQ applies a heavier weight to the amounts. Such as, with all other things being equal, would a $10k CO weigh heavier than a $5k CO?

That collection was only $160. I would make sense to me that amounts matter and may carry different weights; but on the other hand, a debt is a debt, regardless of amount. Makes me wonder if the amounts matter ($100 vs $10000); does the type of debt matter (CC, Loan, CA)? If there is anyone around with knowledge or insight on this, I'd definitely love to hear it.

Congrats. Thats is awesome. Way to go my friend

Thanks!

The whiskey spit-take description had me spilling my coffee this morning! :rofl: Great job with the early deletions and congrats on the score bumps!

Thanks! Hope the coffee wasn't too hot. :rofl:

Experian finally deleted my last two baddies set to fall off in March! Just two weeks ago during our last call they told me to FOAD and wait until March.

I might give WhyChat's method a try to get them to remove a few judgments that won't go away for a few more years.