Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

Just lost 4 more OCs from TU. All were 6 months or less from scheduled fall off date. I used the online form since my previous disputes were too recent to get into my report.

I also got rid of 2 student loans that we're reporting incorrectly. They were dupes that never got updated after the loan was transferred to a new lender. I was scared to dispute them since they weren't on EX and only 1 is on EQ. I was afraid that they would get added on to the others. But they both showed a balance and a minimum monthly payment due of the full amount.

Smart Credit FAKO just shot up 51 points to 720. I know it's just FAKO but since I'm too cheap to buy my FICO right now, that's all I've got.

I still have 4 more Lines to dispute that are all between 1-6 months but I think I'll give it a rest for a bit. 1 of the negatives is Crap 1 and frankly, they scare me. I'd hate for them to add 6 months since right now they're schedule off at exactly 7 years.

How long did it take TU to get back to you using the form?

I did my TU dispute online Monday noonish and got an email saying it was resolved at apprx 6am Tuesday. Logged in and it had been removed!

Were you able to choose the obsolete option (only available for OCs)? Or did you use "other" or the form? 12 hour turn around would be awesome but I've never experienced it.

Other on the form, then wrote a line saying "Obsolete, outside of legal reporting window, please delete per FCRA"

It took 4 days the first time I submitted the form. It took 5 days this time. Both were 3 business days.

Sweet, looking forward to tomorrow then!

BINGO! Clean TU report!!! Can't wait to see my Barclays FICO when it updates!

761 USAA TU FAKO, FWIW. 1 inquiry and 14% util. I should be sitting pretty FICO wise.

Plan of attack... Barclays CLI, Discover CLI/PC, and then Amazon/GECAF CLI.

Maybe throw a BBVA Compass Clear Points card in if I'm feeling frisky!

AWESOME!!!!

Make sure that you know the limitations of the Clear Points card if you decide to have laser hair removal.

I read that, odd policy!

I have 3 CAs that ex wouldn't let me dispute as obsolete online or over the phone. 1 to fall off in April, 1 may, and one that says 2015. I filed a cfpb complaint that they wouldn't let me dispute. The investigation is now opened and awaiting to hear back. It says they have 60 days.

why not just send out a mail dispute. You don't have to use certified. You have a pretty good chance at getting rid of the may and april ones but the one from 2015 is not budging just yet.

I have 3 CAs that ex wouldn't let me dispute as obsolete online or over the phone. 1 to fall off in April, 1 may, and one that says 2015. I filed a cfpb complaint that they wouldn't let me dispute. The investigation is now opened and awaiting to hear back. It says they have 60 days.

why not just send out a mail dispute. You don't have to use certified. You have a pretty good chance at getting rid of the may and april ones but the one from 2015 is not budging just yet.

I tried multiple times on the phone and online and I decided to go that route. I couldn't dispute the 2015 one and to be honest I feel it should be in line with all the other accounts as to when it should fall off, I just don't have those records any more.

On eq everything there should fall off either 7/14 or 8/14, and is it too soon to dispute those again or wait until April and may respectively?

Well, all three cra's have responded to my dispute on LVNV and Credit One. All three updated info but would not delete. Even TU didn't delete. :cry2:

I'm sorry!

It seems EX and EQ were too far out. I disputed a couple of EX at 3 months and still had no luck.

I know you disputed online. That's what I've done too and been pretty lucky as far as TU goes. But my last dispute with TU for an O/C 4 months out was unsuccessful. I know 2 reports don't make a trend but I wonder if something has changed. (CB effect)

How exactly did you dispute on TU? I clicked "other" and wrote something about "past the legal reporting limit."

Thoughts please? We just disputed two accounts on DH's report to get the removed, two via telephone and one online. (He was an authorized user. We also called both cards directly and had him removed as an authorized user.) We've opted out so I won't get an email notification. I'd like to be as efficient as possible without behaving foolishly. There are two accounts I think would come off as obsolete - one had a DoFD as April 2007, the other had a DoFD of 8/2017. If I snail mail these on Friday, is that rushing too much?

Disputing the 8/2007 seems the most risky. What's the worst that could happen? It was a paid charge off but styled for less than the full balance on 2/2009. They last reported in 2011... seems a little ornery and unnecessary.

Now that First Premier is gone from TU, I tried calling Experian to get it removed. On Experian it's listed as a fall off date of April 2014. I got a guy on the phone and he wouldn't do it..and I was super nice to him. :(

I'll try again today.

Now that First Premier is gone from TU, I tried calling Experian to get it removed. On Experian it's listed as a fall off date of April 2014. I got a guy on the phone and he wouldn't do it..and I was super nice to him. :(

I'll try again today.

April? Types! Yes! Try again. And then maybe in writing if it fails again today?

I'll try again today.

Yep EX is definitely the toughest nut to crack with these disputes. Have you tried doing it via chat yet?

I'll try again today.

Yep EX is definitely the toughest nut to crack with these disputes. Have you tried doing it via chat yet?

OMG! No...that's so smart though! I will totally do that! How do I do that?

I'll try again today.

It seems to happen randomly ... but open the dispute window and click on accounts to dispute and let them sit there, or act like you're "confused" with the process (go to dispute and then cancel) and a chat window will pop up.

You will get to speak directly to a rep (often named Robin) and you can ask them to look at your report and remove stuff. It doesn't always work, but that is how I got all of my old addresses and one obsolete TL removed.

I'll try again today.

It seems to happen randomly ... but open the dispute window and click on accounts to dispute and let them sit there, or act like you're "confused" with the process (go to dispute and then cancel) and a chat window will pop up.

You will get to speak directly to a rep (often named Robin) and you can ask them to look at your report and remove stuff. It doesn't always work, but that is how I got all of my old addresses and one obsolete TL removed.

Is this by going in through the backdoor?

I'll try again today.

It is, yes.

I'll try again today.

It is, yes.

Doing this as I type. It's been sitting...and sitting...no pop up window yet.

It really is hit or miss .. sometimes it works and other times it never pops up.

Sorry for the horrible effort to minimize the quote size.

Edited by almostanonymous

It really is hit or miss .. sometimes it works and other times it never pops up.

I was to get the Chat window to pop up twice.

The first person was unwilling to help me with my dispute. He directed me to call in or mail in my disputes. Knowing that some people here

had success in getting obsoletes removed via chat, I tried again a few hours later and chatted with another person.

This person helped me with my dispute. He deleted 3 accounts that was 2-3 months out from being deleted. However, he wouldnt delete

my last negative account that is due to fall on in July. I guess it's still a few months away. I will try again in 2 months for that account.

Anyways, I was ecstatic that he deleted 3 out of 4 negative accounts. I am one account away from having a clean EX report.

:grin:

I was to get the Chat window to pop up twice.

The first person was unwilling to help me with my dispute. He directed me to call in or mail in my disputes. Knowing that some people here

had success in getting obsoletes removed via chat, I tried again a few hours later and chatted with another person.

This person helped me with my dispute. He deleted 3 accounts that was 2-3 months out from being deleted. However, he wouldnt delete

my last negative account that is due to fall on in July. I guess it's still a few months away. I will try again in 2 months for that account.

Anyways, I was ecstatic that he deleted 3 out of 4 negative accounts. I am one account away from having a clean EX report.

:grin:

LUCKY! I still can't get the chat window! How did you get it to pop up?

Edited by CreditDespair

Earlier today I succeeded in getting a midland trade line deleted 4 months early with EX via chat window popup along with all but my current address.

Results

How to read your results

Deleted - This item was removed from your credit report

Remains - This item was not changed as a result of our processing of your dispute.

Updated - A change was made to this item; review this report to view the change. If ownership of the item was disputed, then it was

verified as belonging to you.

Processed - This item was either updated or deleted; review this report to learn its outcome

Credit Items

MIDLAND FUNDING

Account Number: 8xxxxxx.... Outcome: Deleted

Personal Information

Residence Outcome: Updated

Edited by Remo

Is it an actual new popup window, or does it open as a new tab, or come up in the screen you are viewing?

I went through the steps like I was going to file an online dispute. Once I got access to my report online, I clicked on one

of my negative accounts to expand the information. I just let it sit there for about 2 or 3 minutes until I got a pop up

chat window.

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for choosing Experian. A representative will be with you shortly.

Thank you for waiting. As a security precaution, please do not provide me with personal information during this chat session. This chat may be monitored and will be recorded for quality purposes. You are now chatting with Alexander.

Alexander: Hi XXXXXX. Have you disputed those accounts through Experian before?

Me: Hi Alexander, how are you? First Premier is past the reporting period of 7 years so I would like to dispute it as obsolete, please.

Alexander: Thank you. I removed that account.

Me: Thank you so much! Additionally, I have 2 duplicate inquiries from American Express from June 2013.

Alexander: I removed one of them for you too.

Alexander: May I have your e-mail address so that we can quickly notify you of the results?

Me: absolutely. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alexander: Thank you. Watch for our e-mail (from auto.notification@experian.com) that notifies you when your results are ready so that you can view them online.

Alexander: Was there anything else I could help you out with today?

Me: Yes, there is a duplicate listing of my current address. It should read XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sanam: There is another listing of the same address without the XXXXXXXXXXXX

Alexander: May I please have the address identification number of that item?

Me: XXXXXXXXXXX

Alexander: Thank you. I corrected that for you too.

Me: Thank you so much Alexander! I appreciate your help.

Me: No, I appreciate your help! I will get an email with the results, right?

Alexander: That is correct.

Me: Great, thank you!

Alexander: Thank you very much for contacting Experian. Have a great day! We value your feedback. Please click the 'Close' button at the top right to end the chat session and tell us about your experience today.

Edited by stroked89coupe

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for choosing Experian. A representative will be with you shortly.

Thank you for waiting. As a security precaution, please do not provide me with personal information during this chat session. This chat may be monitored and will be recorded for quality purposes. You are now chatting with Alexander.

Alexander: Hi XXXXXX. Have you disputed those accounts through Experian before?

Me: Hi Alexander, how are you? First Premier is past the reporting period of 7 years so I would like to dispute it as obsolete, please.

Alexander: Thank you. I removed that account.

Me: Thank you so much! Additionally, I have 2 duplicate inquiries from American Express from June 2013.

Alexander: I removed one of them for you too.

Alexander: May I have your e-mail address so that we can quickly notify you of the results?

Me: absolutely. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alexander: Thank you. Watch for our e-mail (from auto.notification@experian.com) that notifies you when your results are ready so that you can view them online.

Me: Yes, there is a duplicate listing of my current address. It should read XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sanam: There is another listing of the same address without the XXXXXXXXXXXX

Alexander: May I please have the address identification number of that item?

Me: XXXXXXXXXXX

Alexander: Thank you. I corrected that for you too.

Me: Thank you so much Alexander! I appreciate your help.

Me: No, I appreciate your help! I will get an email with the results, right?

Alexander: That is correct.

Me: Great, thank you!

Alexander: Thank you very much for contacting Experian. Have a great day! We value your feedback. Please click the 'Close' button at the top right to end the chat session and tell us about your experience today.

Im Glad it worked.

That's the same person who help me delete my baddies... :grin:

Edited by stroked89coupe