Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

How can you dispute online again with TU within a week or two of another dispute? Time to tackle my last 3 and I'd really rather just do it online.

By mail. TU has a nasty habit of blocking the online dispute function for a while.

How can you dispute online again with TU within a week or two of another dispute? Time to tackle my last 3 and I'd really rather just do it online.

By mail. TU has a nasty habit of blocking the online dispute function for a while.

Booooooooo!

zach-cry.gif

Thanks for the quick answer, though.

Booooooooo!

zach-cry.gif

Thanks for the quick answer, though.

Send it by mail. Chances are this would be resolved before you regain online access, which could take a while.

the other option is get your TU report again through the backdoor. then you can login to the dispute center and you will see the previous dispute that was completed and the fresh report at the bottom that gives you the option to dispute again.

It has to be deleted from your CR's 7 years from the DOFD. Doesn't matter who "owns" the account.

So EQ shows DOFD as 8/07 but EX doesn't have that category at all - only Date opened as 8/08 and Reported since and Date of Status as 10/08 BUT they show and estimated date of 5/2014 as estimated date to be removed from report. TU also lacks

DOFD but gives 08/19/08 as date place for collection and Estimated date of removal as 07/14.

When should I send Obsolete letters to each CRA?

Towards the bottom of page 3 of this thread, I summarized the experiences of reports posted on this thread. EX and EQ are a mixed bag. I haven't had any luck with them yet.

TU should be good to go now. My experience is that everything listed as dropping in July is getting removed. Everything in August is getting verified. Presumable, in February, August items should come off.

Thanks so much to you and Futurehomeowner! LVNV is GONE from TU (should have been off in July 2014). The Rep at Experian told me it wasn't able to be removed before May 2014. Any advice other than to call back and try a different rep?

It has to be deleted from your CR's 7 years from the DOFD. Doesn't matter who "owns" the account.

So EQ shows DOFD as 8/07 but EX doesn't have that category at all - only Date opened as 8/08 and Reported since and Date of Status as 10/08 BUT they show and estimated date of 5/2014 as estimated date to be removed from report. TU also lacks

DOFD but gives 08/19/08 as date place for collection and Estimated date of removal as 07/14.

When should I send Obsolete letters to each CRA?

Towards the bottom of page 3 of this thread, I summarized the experiences of reports posted on this thread. EX and EQ are a mixed bag. I haven't had any luck with them yet.

TU should be good to go now. My experience is that everything listed as dropping in July is getting removed. Everything in August is getting verified. Presumable, in February, August items should come off.

Thanks so much to you and Futurehomeowner! LVNV is GONE from TU (should have been off in July 2014). The Rep at Experian told me it wasn't able to be removed before May 2014. Any advice other than to call back and try a different rep?

3 months early is usually the max with EX. Try again in 3 months.

Just lost 4 more OCs from TU. All were 6 months or less from scheduled fall off date. I used the online form since my previous disputes were too recent to get into my report.

I also got rid of 2 student loans that we're reporting incorrectly. They were dupes that never got updated after the loan was transferred to a new lender. I was scared to dispute them since they weren't on EX and only 1 is on EQ. I was afraid that they would get added on to the others. But they both showed a balance and a minimum monthly payment due of the full amount.

Smart Credit FAKO just shot up 51 points to 720. I know it's just FAKO but since I'm too cheap to buy my FICO right now, that's all I've got.

I still have 4 more Lines to dispute that are all between 1-6 months but I think I'll give it a rest for a bit. 1 of the negatives is Crap 1 and frankly, they scare me. I'd hate for them to add 6 months since right now they're schedule off at exactly 7 years.

Edited by Freedom Soon

Just lost 4 more OCs from TU. All were 6 months or less from scheduled fall off date. I used the online form since my previous disputes were too recent to get into my report.

I also got rid of 2 student loans that we're reporting incorrectly. They were dupes that never got updated after the loan was transferred to a new lender. I was scared to dispute them since they weren't on EX and only 1 is on EQ. I was afraid that they would get added on to the others. But they both showed a balance and a minimum monthly payment due of the full amount.

Smart Credit FAKO just shot up 51 points to 720. I know it's just FAKO but since I'm too cheap to buy my FICO right now, that's all I've got.

I still have 4 more Lines to dispute that are all between 1-6 months but I think I'll give it a rest for a bit. 1 of the negatives is Crap 1 and frankly, they scare me. I'd hate for them to add 6 months since right now they're schedule off at exactly 7 years.

How long did it take TU to get back to you using the form?

It took 4 days the first time I submitted the form. It took 5 days this time. Both were 3 business days.

Sweet, looking forward to tomorrow then!

well I just received my obsolete dispute back from TU. It is due to fall off in Sept of this year. It was showing on TU as a charge off but with a 15k balance. After the dispute came back they kept the line on there but made the balance due $0. I guess it is a win for now but I still want it gone. :-(

ETA: The above was based on my MPM daily pull. I just logged into TU to review dispute status and I got the following message. Maybe there is still hope?

We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.

You will receive a mail soon with further instructions.To learn more, visit our Help page.

Edited by futurehomeowner?

well I just received my obsolete dispute back from TU. It is due to fall off in Sept of this year. It was showing on TU as a charge off but with a 15k balance. After the dispute came back they kept the line on there but made the balance due $0. I guess it is a win for now but I still want it gone. :-(

ETA: The above was based on my MPM daily pull. I just logged into TU to review dispute status and I got the following message. Maybe there is still hope?

We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.

You will receive a mail soon with further instructions.To learn more, visit our Help page.

See post 64 and then 69.

I got the same message in the Evening but no changes on my report. The next morning, 5 out of 6 gone.

However, I had not yet received a notice that dispute was complete and there had been no changes whatsoever before they disappeared.

There's always hope but you might need to wait until next month.

Edited by Freedom Soon

I'm battling two First Premier accounts. I was able to get one off TU but both are still reflecting on EX and EQ. HELP!!!!! The DOFD is reporting as 02/08/2008

It took 4 days the first time I submitted the form. It took 5 days this time. Both were 3 business days.

BINGO! Clean TU report!!! Can't wait to see my Barclays FICO when it updates!

761 USAA TU FAKO, FWIW. 1 inquiry and 14% util. I should be sitting pretty FICO wise.

Plan of attack... Barclays CLI, Discover CLI/PC, and then Amazon/GECAF CLI.

Maybe throw a BBVA Compass Clear Points card in if I'm feeling frisky!

Edited by BW1216

I have 3 CAs that ex wouldn't let me dispute as obsolete online or over the phone. 1 to fall off in April, 1 may, and one that says 2015. I filed a cfpb complaint that they wouldn't let me dispute. The investigation is now opened and awaiting to hear back. It says they have 60 days.

Edited by Jlpaca

I have 3 CAs that ex wouldn't let me dispute as obsolete online or over the phone. 1 to fall off in April, 1 may, and one that says 2015. I filed a cfpb complaint that they wouldn't let me dispute. The investigation is now opened and awaiting to hear back. It says they have 60 days.

why not just send out a mail dispute. You don't have to use certified. You have a pretty good chance at getting rid of the may and april ones but the one from 2015 is not budging just yet.

See post 64 and then 69.

I got the same message in the Evening but no changes on my report. The next morning, 5 out of 6 gone.

However, I had not yet received a notice that dispute was complete and there had been no changes whatsoever before they disappeared.

it updated today and it looks like I get to keep the TL. They did update the balance to 0 instead of 15k so I guess that is a win. I think that is enough to be ready to house shop. My fako is not 736 and with this as my only baddie my FICOs should be in pretty good shape as well.

BINGO! Clean TU report!!! Can't wait to see my Barclays FICO when it updates!

761 USAA TU FAKO, FWIW. 1 inquiry and 14% util. I should be sitting pretty FICO wise.

Plan of attack... Barclays CLI, Discover CLI/PC, and then Amazon/GECAF CLI.

Maybe throw a BBVA Compass Clear Points card in if I'm feeling frisky!

AWESOME!!!!

Make sure that you know the limitations of the Clear Points card if you decide to have laser hair removal.

I did my TU dispute online Monday noonish and got an email saying it was resolved at apprx 6am Tuesday. Logged in and it had been removed!

See post 64 and then 69.

it updated today and it looks like I get to keep the TL. They did update the balance to 0 instead of 15k so I guess that is a win. I think that is enough to be ready to house shop. My fako is not 736 and with this as my only baddie my FICOs should be in pretty good shape as well.

I guess it's better than nothing. :(

Are you going to try again next month. You should be good then according to what we're seeing.

I did my TU dispute online Monday noonish and got an email saying it was resolved at apprx 6am Tuesday. Logged in and it had been removed!

Were you able to choose the obsolete option (only available for OCs)? Or did you use "other" or the form? 12 hour turn around would be awesome but I've never experienced it.