futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, KimShea said:

Transunion will not allow me to dispute online - guessing too many recent disputes.  I called and tried to dispute two items that were due to drop in 3/2019.  Nothing happened, so I faxed a dispute.  Got result of that yesterday - one was dropped but the other (same creditor and dates btw) they updated the status to 120 days delinquent with zero balance.  Now we're in a new month I want to dispute as obsolete again.  What's the best way to do this, you think? I'm leaning toward calling, not disputing but telling them it's too old.  Then if I get nothing, HUCA?

Looks like this worked.  First guy was all "7 years from first delinquency... blah blah" HUCA.  2nd guy same.  I asked could I talk to a supervisor, he said sure, if I'm not able to help you.  And then he opened a dispute.  I was irritated, as I was hoping to just have it dropped.  Today is 2 days later, and it's gone and CK Fako says up 13 points on TU.  Gotta wait till 15th to get real scores. 

TU is now mostly clean - I have 1 30 day late on a credit card and 5 30 day lates on a car loan.  All over 2 years old.

That leaves EQ with a collection and this old bad student loan (the one that just got dropped from TU) to still clean up.  I got a PFD in writing on the collection the other day, just waiting on that to update.  And EX is clean now other than those same 30 day lates.  If I can get those last couple things off EQ, this will be the best my reports have been in many many years.  It's so close I can taste it.

Called EX last night got 9 dropped.

That was fun.

TU dispute still not complete but at this stage I will let it run its course and close on Nov 1st.

Then I will call and dispute what remains.

TU dispute complete, 1 out of 2 dropped.

But not the one I wanted.

Will call back on MOnday see if I can get that one dropped.

If not will wait 30 days and dispute again.

Have 2 to dispute on Nov 1st that should drop same day.

Then I will work on the one I need gone.

Yeah. 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, KimShea said:

Looks like this worked.  First guy was all "7 years from first delinquency... blah blah" HUCA.  2nd guy same.  I asked could I talk to a supervisor, he said sure, if I'm not able to help you.  And then he opened a dispute.  I was irritated, as I was hoping to just have it dropped.  Today is 2 days later, and it's gone and CK Fako says up 13 points on TU.  Gotta wait till 15th to get real scores. 

TU is now mostly clean - I have 1 30 day late on a credit card and 5 30 day lates on a car loan.  All over 2 years old.

That leaves EQ with a collection and this old bad student loan (the one that just got dropped from TU) to still clean up.  I got a PFD in writing on the collection the other day, just waiting on that to update.  And EX is clean now other than those same 30 day lates.  If I can get those last couple things off EQ, this will be the best my reports have been in many many years.  It's so close I can taste it.

Just got the last collection off.  Woo!  So now I have one old student loan due to drop in March still on Equifax.  Tried it again today & they opened dispute (but immediately dropped that collection as I had the PFD letter handy).  Fingers crossed on last baddie reporting anywhere.  I *really* want it gone. 

Wondering what the current guidance is on TU for BK?  Is it best practice to call in and request a supervisor?  Is TU still possible one year early?  My BK was filed October 27, 2009, so I'm inside 1 year.  Estimated date to remove on credit report says September 2019.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:13 PM, KimShea said:

No luck with student loan on EQ.  Anyone have any luck with EQ lately?  Timeframes for early obsolete?

For me, EQ is currently auto deleting current month + 4 months out. If this holds similar for you, it should be gone very soon with no effort.

Hopefully your disputing did not disrupt the auto delete process.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, Menta33 said:

Wondering what the current guidance is on TU for BK?  Is it best practice to call in and request a supervisor?  Is TU still possible one year early?  My BK was filed October 27, 2009, so I'm inside 1 year.  Estimated date to remove on credit report says September 2019.

Pretty sure TU is 6 months max for early deletions on BK.

12 hours ago, DigDeep said:

For me, EQ is currently auto deleting current month + 4 months out. If this holds similar for you, it should be gone very soon with no effort.

Hopefully your disputing did not disrupt the auto delete process.

That sounds like good news.  It hasn't dropped yet, and DOFD is 3/1/12, so I'll keep an eye on it and call after 12/1 if it hasn't gone away yet. 

Auto deletion from EQ also for me, so I am leaving it alone.

I have one on TU being a real bear,

Got 5 on EX that I will dispute in Jan 2019.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:55 PM, althes said:

Auto deletion from EQ also for me, so I am leaving it alone.

I have one on TU being a real bear,

Got 5 on EX that I will dispute in Jan 2019.

TU for me is auto deleting current month + 2 months.

Today had an alert from EX that score up 38 points.  Checked report and last negative on EX was gone, auto deletion.   I was going to dispute obsolete in December was scheduled to fall off 4/2019.

36 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

Strange, have one due to fall off EX February 2019 and its still there.  Should I call and ask for early deletion?

I would dispute it as obsolete right now, some people in this thread have had success removing items on EX up to 4 months early which is why I was waiting until next month to dispute as obsolete.  

On 11/29/2018 at 9:42 AM, poprocksncoke said:

Strange, have one due to fall off EX February 2019 and its still there.  Should I call and ask for early deletion?

Out of curiosity, did you ever dispute this account that did not auto delete?

8 hours ago, poprocksncoke said:

Did not, it finally fell off.

My wording was ambiguous. I meant at any point in the entire history of this account did you dispute it?

Data Point:

Disputed BK 7, file date was July 2 2009.

Deleted 6 months early on TU

Will try the others soon.

2 hours ago, whipster said:

Data Point:

Disputed BK 7, file date was July 2 2009.

Deleted 6 months early on TU

Will try the others soon.

Do you know the date they received your dispute?  Was it in December? If so, then six months before the 10 year mark. I think they work on whole month granularity, so I think whether you were filed on July 2 or July 30 would have made no difference to the deletion.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, Menta33 said:

Do you know the date they received your dispute?  Was it in December? If so, then six months before the 10 year mark. I think they work on whole month granularity, so I think whether you were filed on July 2 or July 30 would have made no difference to the deletion.

Sorry for the late response, I sent an online dispute to TU on 1-2-2019, and the file date was 7-2-2009.

My dispute was "Obsolete"...Was deleted the next day.

Just as a data point, disputed the other 2 in pretty much the same time frame, and no luck at all.