Sign in to follow this  
futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

Has anyone tried Experian online? They don't have an option for obsolete/too old. I'm still waiting for my Transunion results because I made the mistake of including 1 account with a different reason and guess I have to wait for all of them to be investigated to find out about any.

Just wanted to update that I went 14/14 for deletions on TU. 13 were "too old" obsoletes that were scheduled to drop from 6/18-9/18

On Experian I have 1 update so far, and they only updated one that is supposed to drop 8/18 without deleting it.

gregcjackson,

Did you call in and they deleted them right then on the phone or did you file dispute online/via mail???

I did it online. I never use the phone, and this was the common sentiment back when I joined the forum. Now I see everyone is "just call and ask." I'm all about doing things in writing, but now with the online options that's what I went for. Plus, I was trying to experiment and get another data point, since everyone else was calling.

On Transunion all I did was select the too old option for all the soon to be obsolete ones, with no further info. Did it on 3/15. 13 too olds and 1 collection I disputed for other reasons. Said expected completion by 4/15. I kept checking back and for 2 weeks it said status 13/14 complete but info would not come until full investigation was done. Got an email w/ results today.

Also tried Experian online, but they don't give a too old option. I did "other" and then in further info said they were too old based on dates of action.

I did it online. I never use the phone, and this was the common sentiment back when I joined the forum. Now I see everyone is "just call and ask." I'm all about doing things in writing, but now with the online options that's what I went for. Plus, I was trying to experiment and get another data point, since everyone else was calling.

On Transunion all I did was select the too old option for all the soon to be obsolete ones, with no further info. Did it on 3/15. 13 too olds and 1 collection I disputed for other reasons. Said expected completion by 4/15. I kept checking back and for 2 weeks it said status 13/14 complete but info would not come until full investigation was done. Got an email w/ results today.

Also tried Experian online, but they don't give a too old option. I did "other" and then in further info said they were too old based on dates of action.

The "in writing" advice stands for anything that may require proof later for a lawsuit, regulatory complaint, etc.

For an early obsolete dispute you are basically asking the CRA for a favor. No one should expect to sue if you ask for a favor and the answer is no.

Well, crud. Today it is 6 months minus a day before my worst baddie is due to drop, and I was planning to dispute online with TU and over the phone with EX and EQ, betting only TU would go for it. But it appears they've locked me out of online disputes. Has anyone had recent luck either calling or mailing early obsoletes with TU?

I was able to do it for Hubby, and disputed status on two other items at the same time. It already shows 1 of 3 completed, so I think the CO dropped right off his.

Well, crud. Today it is 6 months minus a day before my worst baddie is due to drop, and I was planning to dispute online with TU and over the phone with EX and EQ, betting only TU would go for it. But it appears they've locked me out of online disputes. Has anyone had recent luck either calling or mailing early obsoletes with TU?

I was able to do it for Hubby, and disputed status on two other items at the same time. It already shows 1 of 3 completed, so I think the CO dropped right off his.

For TU, you can call and they will delete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah call, I am currently waiting on 3 more to be deleted.

I called last week so should drop by Thursday or Friday.

Update - I went ahead and called TU based on replies here and as of this AM it's gone, baby! Skore jumped 30 points! got to wait 3 days to get my Fico 8 from all three on CCT. I disputed online with the other two. Couldn't find a good number for EX so just did it online and I did call first on EQ but the man explained to me that it takes 7 years from DOFD so I had to wait till October. I played blonde, and said, "Oh, October? I had a different date!" Then went on website and disputed. EQ being sticklers across the board. Not expecting good results from either of those, but happy with TU!

TU comes through again!

I disputed (online) 4 more of mine and 7 for my husband, all due to fall off between 9/2018 and 10/2018 and they were gone within an hour.

All collections gone and most importantly, 2 charge-offs with high balances being updated every month are finally off. Score jumped 57 points (660 -> 717).

If only EQ and EX would follow suit.....

TU comes through again!

I disputed (online) 4 more of mine and 7 for my husband, all due to fall off between 9/2018 and 10/2018 and they were gone within an hour.

All collections gone and most importantly, 2 charge-offs with high balances being updated every month are finally off. Score jumped 57 points (660 -> 717).

If only EQ and EX would follow suit.....

Nice!

Thanks.

I still have 2 charge-offs left on TU, both should come off by 2/19.

I, also, have a couple of 30/60/90 day lates from mid 2012 that are on open accounts which are in good standing so, realistically, it will be mid next year before my reports are clean.

The "in writing" advice stands for anything that may require proof later for a lawsuit, regulatory complaint, etc.

For an early obsolete dispute you are basically asking the CRA for a favor. No one should expect to sue if you ask for a favor and the answer is no.

Of course. I guess it was more that "don't use the phone" goes along well with my general life policies, as I really don't in general. I like having things in writing, whether it's something that opens me up to more hassle or not. I have a record of what was requested and the results, that are not subject to verbal argument.

While TU was easy to get 14 things removed, it seems like Experian isn't budging. I have 3 updates/notifications and so far they are just updated and not deleted. While TU score increased 20ish points, in the same time frame Experian increased 40 points (most likely due to utilization from 60% down to 17%) and then decreased back down all the way after 3 updated collections and slight 17% to 29% utilization increase. I guess worst case most of these things will fall off in the next 4 months regardless.

While TU was easy to get 14 things removed, it seems like Experian isn't budging. I have 3 updates/notifications and so far they are just updated and not deleted. While TU score increased 20ish points, in the same time frame Experian increased 40 points (most likely due to utilization from 60% down to 17%) and then decreased back down all the way after 3 updated collections and slight 17% to 29% utilization increase. I guess worst case most of these things will fall off in the next 4 months regardless.

That is not a "slight" increase!

That is not a "slight" increase!

Fair enough. I characterized it that way since it was still under 30% and in actual dollars pretty small since debt really didn't go up, just a function of reporting timing. Any way I was just trying to list any factors besides the updates/non-deletes.

Is the 4 months based on the actual 7 years from the DOFD? If so, you can contact Experian 4 month prior and request the early deletions. But it has to be exactly 4 months, so you should get the actual DOFD.

Thanks.

I still have 2 charge-offs left on TU, both should come off by 2/19.

I, also, have a couple of 30/60/90 day lates from mid 2012 that are on open accounts which are in good standing so, realistically, it will be mid next year before my reports are clean.

You should call TU in August and request the early deletion.

New update for data points...

Had v bad charge off. 6 months before DOFD was 4/11. Did dispute over phone with TU and online with EX and EQ on 4/12. TU deleted on 4/12. Didn't expect any positive results on EX or EQ based on prior info.

4/17 EX deleted. Fico 8 went from 646 yesterday to 696 today, up 50 points. Experian now clear except for a few 30 day lates! Still waiting to hear from EQ.

In July my EX Fico 8 was 582. Today it is 696. Am so happy!

That's great!

What was the expected removal date on your EX report? I have a couple that look like they're going to be removed 3 months early and then one is 2 months early ?

That's great!

What was the expected removal date on your EX report? I have a couple that look like they're going to be removed 3 months early and then one is 2 months early ?

The expected drop date on my last report was 7/18, which was 3 months early.

That's great!

Call Experian exactly one month before the three month date for an early deletion.

New update for data points...

Had v bad charge off. 6 months before DOFD was 4/11. Did dispute over phone with TU and online with EX and EQ on 4/12. TU deleted on 4/12. Didn't expect any positive results on EX or EQ based on prior info.

4/17 EX deleted. Fico 8 went from 646 yesterday to 696 today, up 50 points. Experian now clear except for a few 30 day lates! Still waiting to hear from EQ.

In July my EX Fico 8 was 582. Today it is 696. Am so happy!

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic on my Equifax. When I check dispute status online it shows estimated completion date of three days ago, but still pending. However on MyFico ap It had an alert that I had a new report available. When I checked it, the Charge off account is gone and Fico 8 up 10 points. Does have my newish AMEX reporting now though, so that could be the score increase. Hoping for an update status soon.

Edited by KimShea

That's great!

Call Experian exactly one month before the three month date for an early deletion.

Except Experian already removed it at 6 months early. (Just now) So I'm thinking YMMV with them.

Just got another 5 removed.

So just 12 more to go.

Should be done by Nov 2018.

Yeah.