futurehomeowner?

The Master obsolete delete time frame thread

For those that have had success with early deletes with transunion, what is the telephone number you are calling? I called them yesterday and was told they would be disputed as too old. TIA

800-916-8800.

Yes I just ask for them to be deleted as too old.

Sometimes they delete right away, sometimes got to wait a couple weeks.

I had filed online with TU and disputed 3 items. I checked it the next day (logging in online using Transunion dispute log in page) and it showed in the Investigation line, the part that says "status" upon clicking on it that 2 of 3 items were complete. I thought that 2 of them went were deleted right away and was able to confirm this today with a telephone call to TU. I called today as it was about a week since I had filed the online dispute and wanted to see if I could add another to be deleted for being too old on report and I was able to add that to the current investigation/dispute request.

That "status" upon clicking now says 2 of 4 completed because he did not immediately delete the one I added today. My estimated completion date did not change!!!

(the "status" has a blue circle with an > inside of it next to the "In Progress", this is what I clicked on to get the info)

Here is the info on items that were due to fall off report---

Chase 8/2018------removed

USAA 7/2018------removed

NFCU 9/2018------pending ( was hoping with this being Mar and Sep six months away with others having success up to 6 month early deletes...will see)

then the one I added today is pending

Appreciate everyone updating and providing information....really helps!!!

I am in the same boat.

Disputed a couple due to drop 9/18 and no reply as of yet.

I would give them a couple weeks and they should drop.

Seems like TU is dropping them after the 15th of month.

Equifax is a bear.............LOL Been trying for last couple months and they won't budge.... Tried supervisors and get the same line about 7 years yada yada.... Due to come off in May...

Equifax is a bear.............LOL Been trying for last couple months and they won't budge.... Tried supervisors and get the same line about 7 years yada yada.... Due to come off in May...

When did you call to request the deletes that are coming off in May?

First week of Feb

Edited by JoeCleveland

First week of Feb

Is the DOFD in May 2018 or is that the date that they said it would come off.

First week of Feb

DoFD is 5/11 and it says removal by 5/18

First week of Feb

DoFD is 5/11 and it says removal by 5/18

At the latest you should be able to get it removed on 4/1. I would try calling again.

So I have a BK still on my EX......the file date is June 2008. I just pulled my EX report and on it, it states that the removal date for the BK is June 2018. It has been a while since I last dealt with EX......do they still delete 3 months early but only with a phone call to their dispute department or has that avenue been closed?????? Thanks

So I have a BK still on my EX......the file date is June 2008. I just pulled my EX report and on it, it states that the removal date for the BK is June 2018. It has been a while since I last dealt with EX......do they still delete 3 months early but only with a phone call to their dispute department or has that avenue been closed?????? Thanks

You can still call the dispute department and request the early deletion. They delete 3 month early but not all the CSR are aware of this you would probably have to HUCA a couple of times.

About to mail a couple disputes to EX and EQ for early deletion.

This should be interesting.

Files due to come of 5/18.

You should just call for early deletion requests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok will call tomorrow.

You should just call for early deletion requests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had filed online with TU and disputed 3 items. I checked it the next day (logging in online using Transunion dispute log in page) and it showed in the Investigation line, the part that says "status" upon clicking on it that 2 of 3 items were complete. I thought that 2 of them went were deleted right away and was able to confirm this today with a telephone call to TU. I called today as it was about a week since I had filed the online dispute and wanted to see if I could add another to be deleted for being too old on report and I was able to add that to the current investigation/dispute request.

That "status" upon clicking now says 2 of 4 completed because he did not immediately delete the one I added today. My estimated completion date did not change!!!

(the "status" has a blue circle with an > inside of it next to the "In Progress", this is what I clicked on to get the info)

Here is the info on items that were due to fall off report---

Chase 8/2018------removed

USAA 7/2018------removed

NFCU 9/2018------pending ( was hoping with this being Mar and Sep six months away with others having success up to 6 month early deletes...will see)

then the one I added today is pending

Appreciate everyone updating and providing information....really helps!!!

I have tried several calls since post above to see if any of the other items have been deleted, no luck!!! They only say since it is in middle of investigation they are unable to provide me with any details until it is complete. The first person I guess I got lucky that told me 2 of the items were deleted. Currently when I pull up the dispute page and click on the blue arrow/circle it says 4 of 5 items complete.

One of the items was to update my current address which they have done that as I use it now to verify/security questions they ask.

I also tried once calling in to EX on 3 listed above, no luck on early deletes. Most have said 3 months early with EX but I saw the few that were able to get some deleted 4+ months and figured I would try....struck out.

I just tried many many "too old" deletes online with Transunion for accounts with expected removal dates ranging from 6/18 - 8/18 and will see (and update) what happens. I avoided doing anything with a few that could provoke retaliation.

Has anyone tried Experian online? They don't have an option for obsolete/too old. I'm still waiting for my Transunion results because I made the mistake of including 1 account with a different reason and guess I have to wait for all of them to be investigated to find out about any.

TU dropped another one, I didn't even ask to be dropped.

EX dropped 1 also.

Monday we go at it again with TU.

Will wait until I the new report from EX and go again.

Yeah.

Finally Equifax removed my Santander tradeline 1 month prior to fall off date without a call... Reports are 100% clean now......

Awesome!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

Has anyone tried Experian online? They don't have an option for obsolete/too old. I'm still waiting for my Transunion results because I made the mistake of including 1 account with a different reason and guess I have to wait for all of them to be investigated to find out about any.

Just wanted to update that I went 14/14 for deletions on TU. 13 were "too old" obsoletes that were scheduled to drop from 6/18-9/18

On Experian I have 1 update so far, and they only updated one that is supposed to drop 8/18 without deleting it.