The last post in this topic was posted 2624 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Soooooooo...a few weeks ago I had posted regarding the 3-5 day message from NFCU regarding a limit increase to my card that is already pretty high util due to some unexpected circumstances that required flights home for my family.

I had only asked for $500 in hopes of not seeming too greedy and the next morning after receiving the message I noticed that my limit was in fact increased from $4500 to $5000

The card has since been paid off in full finally and for the heck of it I figured I'd ask for a larger increase. Lo and behold I received immediate approval for an increase to $7000!!! This is pretty high for me considering most of my cards are retail store accounts with small under $1k limits. Working on paying the rest of them off and letting them age and using them for small purchases just to keep the accounts active.

Because I'm in the process of moving all of my accounts and financial business over to NFCU I also decided to app for the Overdraft Protection (I think it's what everyone calls NavCheck?) and was immediately approved for the $3k I asked for.

My scores are still waaaaaaaaaaaaay below where I want them but hopefully as I pay more and more things off over the next year they'll keep getting higher and higher and I'll be able to app for a home loan with NFCU in Spring of 2015.

To anyone struggling with rebuilding credit: I'm right there with you. I haven't had any BK or anything like that but I've made some stupid financial decisions and stretched my limits and had a couple late payments and temporary unemployment so I'm currently sitting in the 590's across the board. But I'm starting to see the light at the end of the financial destruction tunnel thanks to NFCU lol

don't give up!!! :D

congrats. but the lesson here is always shoot for the moon. what if you had asked for 10k? or 15k? no reason to limit yourself to what you can get

absolutely!

do you happen to know if another CLI is requested within x amount of days whether they pull another report?

I thought I had read in another post that if you request the first time and they HP that if you request another within a few days/weeks that as long as it's within 30 days they don't do another pull.

I'm debating on asking for 15k just to see what they come back with but will definitely think twice if it means another HP every time I do a CLI request with them:s

If your CLI to $7k was instantly approved there is more on the table! You can ask for $25k and they will counter offer with current internal limit SP. There is plenty of proof :)

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? lol I may have to re app again and ask for the 25k to see what they come back with lol

so it won't add another HP but will add a SP instead?

if this is the case I guess it can't hurt to see what they say right? :)

Becareful with NFCU.. you could get booted..

was just thinking about that and until i read up a bit more and speak with a rep on the phone on Monday I think i'll hold off from getting happy hands and app'ing anymore.

thanks for the advice!

Gratz! Consider waiting until profile improves for additional requests if want better results. Will be there for you if treated well, in any case. Can improve outcomes if give them some more good history to reward. In any case, they don't recycle HP IME, so if don't qualify for a soft increase each separate request will generally be a new pull. GL.

Edited by virtualtreasure
was just thinking about that and until i read up a bit more and speak with a rep on the phone on Monday I think i'll hold off from getting happy hands and app'ing anymore. thanks for the advice!

Gratz! Consider waiting until profile improves for additional requests if want better results. Will be there for you if treated well, in any case. Can improve outcomes if give them some more good history to reward. In any case, they don't recycle HP IME, so if don't qualify for a soft increase each separate request will generally be a new pull. GL.[/quote

Ended up asking one more time and it was an auto approval for $10k:) gonna sit with this limit for at least 6-8 months before asking for the $25k

Thanks all!!!

was just thinking about that and until i read up a bit more and speak with a rep on the phone on Monday I think i'll hold off from getting happy hands and app'ing anymore. thanks for the advice!
Gratz! Consider waiting until profile improves for additional requests if want better results. Will be there for you if treated well, in any case. Can improve outcomes if give them some more good history to reward. In any case, they don't recycle HP IME, so if don't qualify for a soft increase each separate request will generally be a new pull. GL.[/quote

Ended up asking one more time and it was an auto approval for $10k:) gonna sit with this limit for at least 6-8 months before asking for the $25k

Thanks all!!!

Sweet!!

Edited by virtualtreasure

Ahhhh! I wish you would have asked for the full $25k! You were instantly approved again which means there was still more on the table :/ Anything over $25k REQUIRES a manaul review. If you CLI is approved instant then you didnt ask for enough, they ALWAYS counter offer. Now that you have asked multiple times it may look odd if you keep going back to ask. Good luck! The card is sure to grow seeing as there is still more room as is :)

The last post in this topic was posted 2624 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.