Sign in to follow this  
GarboFan

State Farm Bank?

I have State Farm for my insurance and noticed they offer online banking. Their checking product looks good as I prefer to do most banking online and via smartphone. Do they use Chex or EWS or are they more lenient if you are already an insurance customer? Thanks!

I have State Farm for my insurance and noticed they offer online banking. Their checking product looks good as I prefer to do most banking online and via smartphone. Do they use Chex or EWS or are they more lenient if you are already an insurance customer? Thanks!

State Farm uses chexsystems when you open a checking with them but some are approved at times if they are a customer yes. I think it depends on the severity of the report. Where do you live?

Yes, they do. They pulled chexsystem for both opening the account and ordering checks.

Ron.

I was able to get a SF bank account with no problems. Instant approval. You sometimes have to call to get your checks, the debit cards come immediately.

Sorry to bump this thread from a year ago, but does anyone know if SF Bank does a hard or soft for a checking account? Can't seem to find any info online...

I spoke with a State Farm rep to see if anything had changed (877-734-2265). She said they only run Chexsystems for checking and savings. They approve on a case by case basis.

Edited by tmcgill

I bit the bullet and opened a State Farm Bank checking account. I've had homeowners insurance with them for many years. Approval seemed instant, but I had to wait until my trial deposits and initial ACH deposit processed before they gave me an account number. The account does show when I log into my insurance account. Same login. No hard credit pull, but I assume they did a Chex. I'll check those (Chex and EWS) in about a month when I can again order my free annual reports.

I didn't request checks, but I did receive their red colored debit card that has all card account information on back.

I'm now thinking of applying for a State Farm credit card. I'll probably apply for their silver/gray Good Neighbor card in about a month. I just want to wait six months from the last credit card I applied for, which was the Apple Card in August.

Edited by Burgerwars