Weinstein & Assoc. (Likely CA/JDB) Question

The last post in this topic was posted 2642 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey All! My place of employment recently received a fax from Weinstein & Associates LLC based out of Laguna Beach, CA asking for them to verify my employment. It was very generic but luckily my employer is small and knows that I have been working hard to repair my credit, so before they sent anything back to them, they gave the fax to me to look over. In very small print at the bottom of the verification form it states that "this is an attempt to collect the debt and any info obtained will be used for this purpose". The form only lists the last 4 of my SSN -- nothing more (no address, DOB, etc.). Ironically, they just called my job also -- someone named "Andrew" from "Document Delivery Services" says they are trying to serve me a summons at an old address of mine and wants me to call Weinstein so that I can discuss this issue with them. I was able to record the call! What is my next step now?

Sounds like scammers.

I'm pretty sure they are, especially since he asked me if I still resided at an old address that I haven't resided at in years. My question is, since he stated they were looking to serve me with a summons over the phone, isn't this grounds to sue them over a possible FDCPA violation? And since this call was made at my job?

Sounds like scammers.

I'm pretty sure they are, especially since he asked me if I still resided at an old address that I haven't resided at in years. My question is, since he stated they were looking to serve me with a summons over the phone, isn't this grounds to sue them over a possible FDCPA violation? And since this call was made at my job?

Obviously scammers but very difficult to catch up to them as they are slippery. Best just to report to State AG and tell them to FOAD

The last post in this topic was posted 2642 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.